Does anyone else collect dolls?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've started a collection to pass onto my daughter as no one else in the family has done so.
Already i have a modest start, the first in the collection was a Incredible Teddy-1989, next i got a Raggedy Ann and Andy-1993 Limited edition, followed by a Charlot Goebel-1965 rubber doll, and last but not least i lucked up on a mint condition hard plastic 1953 unmarked jani pigtails with sleepy eyes, walk with head motion, wig, and long eye lashes.
chris

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have Beanie Babies...tee-hee-hee, but they are stored away.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I collect artist dolls. Most of the artists whose work I collect have pieces in many of the major collections in the US and at the Louvre. I didnt play with dolls as a child and these are not the type one plays with now. Some are porcelain some wax, resin and others are cloth. They are usually one of a kind . No QVC of Franklin Mint dolls for me.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have a few things,that I'm always collecting.
1.Jewelry real stones and gold only,thanks
2.Anything dalmatian.
3.Perfumes.
4 .Shoes.
5. Cuff links,but these usually go under my jewelry heading.
I used to collect instruments of torture but they were ruined in a fire {arson} that a neighbor started. Shit!
cigarbabe:saevil:

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i collect dolls. ;)
i sketch alot and love using dolls for reference.
especially "pullip" dolls.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a Barbie Doll that was given to me for my 30th birthday. It looks like a Jewess Barbie. She's got curly dark hair.

Anyway, I collect rocks, crystals, crystal balls, crystal wands, etc. And I collect jewelry.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got some plastic christmass pixies that are made in tokyo that are in mint condition, still in the box that they were shipped in, but i'm not sure of their value, they were headed to one of my friends trash cans and i saved them.
chris
p.s. This is probly not normal for the average joe but i collect cannons, also antique sowing boxes that were used as purses.

Bellatrix

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. Royal Doulton dolls. Various dancing dolls dressed authentic dance attire from places I've visited. Pen Delfin Bunnykins, which are not in circulation anymore. :smile:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I collect artist dolls. Most of the artists whose work I collect have pieces in many of the major collections in the US and at the Louvre. I didnt play with dolls as a child and these are not the type one plays with now. Some are porcelain some wax, resin and others are cloth. They are usually one of a kind . No QVC of Franklin Mint dolls for me.

That sounds really neat, anything that is one of a kind must be priceless and/or museum worthy.
do the ones with the pins stuck in them count?

I guess so.

i collect dolls. ;)
i sketch alot and love using dolls for reference.
especially "pullip" dolls.

You'll have to share some of your sketches with us, who knows you might be the next big thing. Goebel hired charlot byj. to do figurines because he liked her art work.

Yes. Royal Doulton dolls. Various dancing dolls dressed authentic dance attire from places I've visited. Pen Delfin Bunnykins, which are not in circulation anymore. :smile:

I've never heard of Pen Delfin Bunnykins, i'll google and check it out.

chris
p.s. I made a typo in my op, the 1953 doll i have is a janie pigtails, i wrote jani by mistake leaving out the letter e, maybe a mod can fix that for me.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if it's a phobia but i find doll collections really freaky. Like something out of a bad horror film!
..um, it was a bad horror film! I still remember seeing it (on VHS tape) and laughing through it-almost as loudly as I did while viewing The Dorm That Dripped Blood.

Dolls- Dolls (1987)

Dorm- The Dorm That Dripped Blood (1982)

(Both of these movies were so awful that laughter was the only response which could be generated)

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've started a collection to pass onto my daughter as no one else in the family has done so.
Already i have a modest start, the first in the collection was a Incredible Teddy-1989, next i got a Raggedy Ann and Andy-1993 Limited edition, followed by a Charlot Goebel-1965 rubber doll, and last but not least i lucked up on a mint condition hard plastic 1953 unmarked jani pigtails with sleepy eyes, walk with head motion, wig, and long eye lashes.
chris

my mom does, I will get her collection after she passes away. I enjoy looking at them. I have a couple of collectable dolls that I absolutely adore. it's not a hobby that I am really really into. I collect a couple of other things mainly old trade beads.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my mom does, I will get her collection after she passes away. I enjoy looking at them. I have a couple of collectable dolls that I absolutely adore. it's not a hobby that I am really really into. I collect a couple of other things mainly old trade beads.

Thats cool, if your ever in astoria oregon go to the beach where the old fish cannery used to be, right across from the main grocery store, look for some big boulders and make your way around them to the shore line, old beads wash up on the beach, i found one(1), which i was told by someone are very rare and hard to find.
I encorperated it into a eagle feather that i wrapped with leather and gave it to a local who collects that kind of stuff. I found 12 eagle feathers on that beach but further down by the sea lions.
I also found some kind of clear yellow stone on the beach, it was like glass and about a inch long squared and narrow. I gave it to some homeless guy from louisiana who played harmonica, he said it was valueable so i told him if it would help him out then he could have it.
chris