Does anyone else find boxers uncomfortable?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Imported, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Imported

Gold Member

justy: I wear briefs all the time.
    Whenever I grab a pair of boxers to wear, my testicles ache later in the day. I have a fairly large pair of balls.
    Anyone else here agree?

2. Imported

Gold Member

felipe: I'm a Calvin Klein brief boy...cannot stand boxers as I hang down and the boxers ride up...not fun, and uncomfortable.

3. Imported

Gold Member

blak9: I don't have any problems with boxers. Briefs make my nuts hurt when I wear them all day and they don't allow me any swinging room.

4. Max

Max New Member

It's a tussle between underclothing that gives you freedom and room (boxers?) and underwear that supports the weight (briefs?). I suppose boxerbriefs could be expected to do both, but the ones I have tried fail on both counts.

It's hardly surpising that we find either less than ideal, given that even with my dim mathematical brain it is clear to me that I and plenty of other lpsg members have 4, 5, 6 or more times the "normal" volume and therefore weight to deal with. Oversized balls make it even more of a problem, if you have them.

I know a lot of guys avoid jocks, but at least, if like me you get them custom made to fit you - they handle both weight and volume. No groin strain, no squashing, no friction sores, etc. Once you get used to the feeling, it is fine.

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Boxers were designed for one purpose: as a 'liner' to avoid getting the trousers soiled by leakage and ... er ... 'skidmarks'. They were never intended to give support, and certainly never to try to conceal a bulge. If you tend to 'leak', boxers might be a viable option to freeballing. My cock is not a drooler, so boxers are pretty useless for me! Of course, some dudes just do it for the fashion thing ... you know, the boxers waistband showing over the top of low-slung jeans. 8)

6. Imported

Gold Member

bigsoft: In my teens, I switched from tight restrictive briefs to boxer shorts.

For over 30 years, I put up with the baggy boxers. They were more comfortable to wear than briefs, but they caused problems. Boxers would ride up, bunch up, stick up over the waistband of my pants, and cause wedgies. They were warm and caused my butt to sweat.

It finally dawned on me that what I liked best about wearing boxer shorts was the loose fit and freedom of movement. I realized that boxers were totally useless and I could have total freedom by freeballing. I have not worn underwear for 3 years now. Wish I had thrown out the boxers long ago.

7. Imported

Gold Member

bastian: Boxers are not ideal for all situations/clothing options.
    I have found that I like Boxers when I sleep with something on or just plan on hanging out and watching tv in my shorts. That way, if the pizza guy catches you in your shorts, it is no big deal.

For most pants, boxers dont work for me. I don't really care for the lump down one leg look/feel. I guess I really do like the feel as it causes a stiffy, but I don't like walking around in public with a hard-on. It makes me feel like a pervert. For public appearances, I prefer either the boxer-brief or something snugger fitting that keeps me confined.

8. Imported

Gold Member

fitdude: CK brief guy. Have worked for me for a long time! :D

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I'd rather put up with a bit of riding up than to leave my jollies tightly constricted by briefs. I gave them up after middle school gym class. What can I say? Everyone else was wearing boxer shorts and I figured it was time I make the switch too. Haven't regretted it since.

10. Imported

Gold Member

johnholmeshorse: I wore boxers for a while in my "growing years", but then I needed more support so I switched to boxer briefs which are much more comforable, and damn sexy if I do say so myself!

11. Imported

Gold Member

felipe: FitDude, you're my man! CK all the way!

12. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

I'm a boxers guy, I hate briefs! The fact that my jewels are "strangled" by Briefs just kills me at the end of the day.

13. Imported

Gold Member

Justin: Same here

14. Imported

Gold Member

justy: 2xist briefs provide lots of room and the great support. I tried the CK sport briefs, but they were not very comfortable. They were rather constricting.

15. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: Boxers all the way here....the only time I don't wear them is at the gym, and when I'm at the gym, I wear boxer briefs. I find jockstraps too confining, but boxer brifes hold thing together so I don't flop out of the leg of my gym shorts. When I'm not at the gym, though, I only wear boxers. I like the room that boxers give. They let everything hang naturally. In order for me to fit in briefs, I have to get the waist in too large a size. With boxers I can wear a size that fits my waist and I still have plenty of room for my dick and balls.

16. Imported

Gold Member

wristthickxl: I agree 100% with Justy. If I wear boxers, my testicles start to ache after a couple of hours. Does anyone know why this is the case? I have always wondered. And my flaccid length gets longer as the day wears on, which I've never understood either....one week, just of sheer boredom, I wore boxers underneath my suitpants....a male colleague pulled me aside to tell me that people were talking.....a nice guy, it was just as embarassing for him as it was for me...until I get home. I walked around the apartment a bit and then looked in our floor to ceiling mirror...you could see the outline of my dick, which was probably 6 inches at that point...I was really horrified to show my face the next day at the office....never wore boxers again..in fact I don't even own a pair

17. Imported

Gold Member

cyclistbc: I found e2u briefs the best thing ever. You can get them through internationaljocks.com. Oversized pouch and no constriction. way better than regular broefs. But get a size bigger, I think internationaljocks advise that.

I have moved to wearing a jock for support in summer.. cool yet supportive. I was amazed at the variation in pouch size. I think sunny jocks are made for guys with nothing in front. A good buy is a Duke...more room than most and not tight either.

My thoughs..hope they help.

18. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=wristthickxl link=board=clothing;num=1035983460;start=15#15 date=11/18/02 at 16:36:52]If I wear boxers, my testicles start to ache after a couple of hours. Does anyone know why this is the case? I have always wondered. And my flaccid length gets longer as the day wears on, which I've never understood either....[/quote]

I think the answer to both questions is very simple ... it's the weight. If you have heavy balls, if not properly supported they will start to ache.

This is probably even more true if like me you normally support them all the time. If I go without my normal jock, even for an hour or two slopping about at home ... the freedom feels great for a bit, but it doesn't take long for the ache to develop, and in my case if I'm even a bit active, a fair amount of chaffing will happen at the same time.

I also think the weight of the penis will act to stretch the flaccid length over time -- on the odd occasion when I have risked hanging loose in boxers I have been very surprised to find just how long I have got while still being entirely soft. I suppose I might be a lot longer than I am if I did this regularly ... but (despite what it might do for my ego!) no way would that be a practical option.

19. Imported

Gold Member

chris_xxx: I agree with Max - my experience of boxers is not good- you end up with nuts that ache and you end up drawing even more attention to yourself by scratching and readjusting them all the time. I havent ever used a jockstrap but i've heard they are a sensible option.

I have been using briefs which do the trick with regard to support but usually end up pulling your package up high so it is even more noticeable than before...

20. Imported

Gold Member

wristthickxl: hi guys...your responses make sense but I was hoping there might be a doctor in the crowd who could give us an official opinion....have always wondered why my - or rather our - balls ache when wearing boxers and why my penis at least gets longer flaccid as the day wears on...is there a doctor in the house?

Draft saved Draft deleted