Does anyone else find boxers uncomfortable?

justy: I wear briefs all the time.
Whenever I grab a pair of boxers to wear, my testicles ache later in the day. I have a fairly large pair of balls.
Anyone else here agree?

Reactions: SouthHarrow

Magic 8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I usually wear boxers as I have a very hard time finding anything else that will fit that has enough room in them. I will either buy boys boxers to get a waist size that fits and live with the limited leg room or I will get Men's Full Cut boxers extra Small waist when I can find them. Either of the above are much more comfortable than any brief that I have encountered.

Reactions: sdbg

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I just tried to switch to boxerbriefs from boxers, big mistake. There was no room for my package, and they kept riding up on me. Boxers are just way too comfortable for me. I hang fairly decent and have low hangers, and I never found boxers to be uncomfortable. I wear jeans, so there's no swinging anyways. And when I get hard, it just goes down the right leg of my jeans, no bunching up like in boxerbriefs.

Reactions: portlad

SouthHarrow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
justy: I wear briefs all the time.
Whenever I grab a pair of boxers to wear, my testicles ache later in the day. I have a fairly large pair of balls.
Anyone else here agree?
I'll wear boxers sometimes with really formal clothes (with plenty of space) but normally I cant stand boxers on a daily basis with the bunching and lack of support,

Reactions: Calvinguy

felipe: I'm a Calvin Klein brief boy...cannot stand boxers as I hang down and the boxers ride up...not fun, and uncomfortable.

blak9: I don't have any problems with boxers. Briefs make my nuts hurt when I wear them all day and they don't allow me any swinging room.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
It's a tussle between underclothing that gives you freedom and room (boxers?) and underwear that supports the weight (briefs?). I suppose boxerbriefs could be expected to do both, but the ones I have tried fail on both counts.

It's hardly surpising that we find either less than ideal, given that even with my dim mathematical brain it is clear to me that I and plenty of other lpsg members have 4, 5, 6 or more times the "normal" volume and therefore weight to deal with. Oversized balls make it even more of a problem, if you have them.

I know a lot of guys avoid jocks, but at least, if like me you get them custom made to fit you - they handle both weight and volume. No groin strain, no squashing, no friction sores, etc. Once you get used to the feeling, it is fine.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Boxers were designed for one purpose: as a 'liner' to avoid getting the trousers soiled by leakage and ... er ... 'skidmarks'. They were never intended to give support, and certainly never to try to conceal a bulge. If you tend to 'leak', boxers might be a viable option to freeballing. My cock is not a drooler, so boxers are pretty useless for me! Of course, some dudes just do it for the fashion thing ... you know, the boxers waistband showing over the top of low-slung jeans. 8)

bigsoft: In my teens, I switched from tight restrictive briefs to boxer shorts.

For over 30 years, I put up with the baggy boxers. They were more comfortable to wear than briefs, but they caused problems. Boxers would ride up, bunch up, stick up over the waistband of my pants, and cause wedgies. They were warm and caused my butt to sweat.

It finally dawned on me that what I liked best about wearing boxer shorts was the loose fit and freedom of movement. I realized that boxers were totally useless and I could have total freedom by freeballing. I have not worn underwear for 3 years now. Wish I had thrown out the boxers long ago.

bastian: Boxers are not ideal for all situations/clothing options.
I have found that I like Boxers when I sleep with something on or just plan on hanging out and watching tv in my shorts. That way, if the pizza guy catches you in your shorts, it is no big deal.

For most pants, boxers dont work for me. I don't really care for the lump down one leg look/feel. I guess I really do like the feel as it causes a stiffy, but I don't like walking around in public with a hard-on. It makes me feel like a pervert. For public appearances, I prefer either the boxer-brief or something snugger fitting that keeps me confined.

fitdude: CK brief guy. Have worked for me for a long time! :D

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'd rather put up with a bit of riding up than to leave my jollies tightly constricted by briefs. I gave them up after middle school gym class. What can I say? Everyone else was wearing boxer shorts and I figured it was time I make the switch too. Haven't regretted it since.

johnholmeshorse: I wore boxers for a while in my "growing years", but then I needed more support so I switched to boxer briefs which are much more comforable, and damn sexy if I do say so myself!

justy: 2xist briefs provide lots of room and the great support. I tried the CK sport briefs, but they were not very comfortable. They were rather constricting.