Does anyone else hate being called 'Dude'?

gordeux2006

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't mind 'Buddy', I think what brought that down was "Buddy, can you spare a dime?" Which time and inflation has turned into "Brother, have you got a dollar?" or just "Got any spare change?" Since we have $1 and $2 dollar coins in Australia, your spare change can be worth a lot!

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I say dude a lot. I think the older you are the less likely you are to use the word.
I do not believe my Dad has ever called anybody "dude."
The man is a WWII veteran.
I however, have probably exclaimed "dude!" at him at some point.
Whenever I have an epiphany, the word "dude" comes out no matter who I am with. It can get awkward.
My Dad just ignores it at this point, because I do it so frequently. Our conversations always turn into politics or family matters anyway.
When I meet up with friends the first thing we say is "what's up, dude?" and then we have this handshake that is like slipping past each other and then a punch of the fists at the end.
The only time it is awkward is when I say it to a girl.
I accidentally called this girl I am friends with "dude" a couple times.
Now she calls me dude which seemed weird at first, but I realize we are bonded pretty tightly.
If anyone ever criticizes my overly casual way of speaking, I would probably say, "Dude, no problem, I'll change some shit up."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dude, brah :rolleyes:
Ha, that one always gets me. I can somewhat understand dude. I'm not overly fond of "bro." But I still have not figured out why it's OK to call another man by the name of an article of female undergarments.

"Hey, bra, whassup?"
"Not much, panties, not much!"

A few years ago, I worked with a young man whose actual, real, legal, birth certificate middle name is "Dude." It was his father's actual, real, legal, birth certificate first name.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few years ago, I worked with a young man whose actual, real, legal, birth certificate middle name is "Dude." It was his father's actual, real, legal, birth certificate first name.

I don't suppose his last name was "Ranch," by any chance, was it?

When I was a kid in school, long before people started using "dude" as a term of address, there was a boy in my class with platinum-blond hair. His name was Geoffrey, but our name for him was "White-Haired Dude."