Does Anyone Else Love to Be...?

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
Anonymous? Like if you're on vacation by yourself, or you just moved to a new town, or you're driving cross country and stop at a rest area or gas station.

I love the feeling of being anonymous. Not having to be "me". Anyone else?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Anonymous? Like if you're on vacation by yourself, or you just moved to a new town, or you're driving cross country and stop at a rest area or gas station.

I love the feeling of being anonymous. Not having to be "me". Anyone else?

YES! That is one of the reasons why I can't wait to move away from my 'small town' and move into a larger city. I mean there's around 175k other people around me, but I would bet money, that somehow or another 3/4's of them either know me or my family. One of the things I love about bigger cities is the fact that you can be totally anonymous. You could drive the same route or walk the same route every day and not see the same person twice. I always feel much free-er in large cities. No reason to look over your shoulder to check and see if some one you know or your family knows is watching you.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yes...I was just telling a friend of mine that I would love to go somewhere where nobody knows me....

I'm actually trying to relocate to another state now...:cool:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've always lived in big cities, partly because of the fact that everyone minds their own fucking business.

TwasBrillig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
well, yeah. Stacy's right. I spent most of my life in NYC and surprisingly, you would see the same people, day after day. Not bad people, mind you, but the same people.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I love not having to act the 'usual way', the way your expected to be. Even if its just a day out by yourself, the freedom of being able to do something different and not have people ask why you'd do something like that.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love feeling annonymous. I go hiking a lot and the feeling that you don't have to be what you are expected to be is one of the great things about it. There are very few social norms that you have to follow out on the trails. If you want to pause and examine a tree or a moss then you do it, and no one thinks shit about it. I still do things like this on campus, but I get the feeling that I'm being judged as a weirdo.

It's amazing, the other annonymous people you meet are always so much more pleasant. People are stripped of their social pressures to behave a certain way. I'm always fascinated at how I can have a more genuine conversation with a total stranger than with one of my closer friends.