Does anyone else...

longlegs

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
YES, I really do miss them. Paul is doing a good job, but still not the same! Sad that George & John have left us.:frown1:

Rockmannerman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
John has been my biggest inspiration. Paul is doing good, his new album is amazing. It's just kinda sad that Ringo went and did Thomas the tank engine after leaving the world's greatest band...:frown1:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Highly overated band.
WTF Man? the Beatles over rated? I hope you are at least a Stones fan....that would be the only thing that would make a statement like that somewhat understandable.......anyhow.....Big Beatles fan here. It tore me up seeing what that bitch Heather Mills did to Paul McCartney.....I knew she was after his money.....

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stones are overrated also. Never liked either of them, sorry.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
WTF Man? the Beatles over rated? I hope you are at least a Stones fan....that would be the only thing that would make a statement like that somewhat understandable.......anyhow.....Big Beatles fan here. It tore me up seeing what that bitch Heather Mills did to Paul McCartney.....I knew she was after his money.....

The Beatles are OK, they did some good stuff, even some great stuff and (IMHO, some decidedly mediocre stuff, especially in their later days. The same can be said for the stones, and overall I like them less.

I think both of these band's popularity and following is rooted deeper than in just their music. They were both ground breaking in their own right and thus gained and retain a mystique beyond their actual musical talents.

As a more general observation, musical taste is highly personal, so it makes me smile when one person is offended when another doesn't like their personal favourite, taking it almost like a personal affront. It's akin to feeling personally insulted because you love pizza, and they hate it.:rolleyes::biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I loved them since I was 9 years old and still do. The first band I ever loved. Unlike some bands, I can listen to most of their albums and love every song.