Does anyone have a latex mattress?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was shopping for a bed and I found this comfortable all latex mattress at Ikea which I'm considering.

The only thing is that I've never had a latex mattress and was wondering how they hold up and if they are worth the extra price compared to a standard spring/coil mattress. I'm concerned that there will be a butt divot in the mattress after a year or two.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was shopping for a bed and I found this comfortable all latex mattress at Ikea which I'm considering.
The only thing is that I've never had a latex mattress and was wondering how they hold up and if they are worth the extra price compared to a standard spring/coil mattress. I'm concerned that there will be a butt divot in the mattress after a year or two.
My friends sister and her hubby have a Tempur-Pedic mattress and love it. I think they have had it about 12 years now. No complaints.

Eons ago people loved the bed designs from Ikea but hated the mattresses. I think the problem was that they didn't come in standard American bed sizes 20 years ago. So buying sheets that fit unless they were from Ikea was difficult. That has long since changed.

My only concern would be if future lovers had a latex allergy.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have tempurpedic pillows and I can't recommend them highly enough. I've slept on the mattress and it was nice...but I've had Sealy Posturpedic my entire adult life and I'm very satisfied with it. If I ever decide to put glasses on wine on the bed and jump up and down I may look into one.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Buster *my boyfriend, not his real name* has the pimp daddy deluxe latex mattress from ikea. i don't know how to spell or pronounce the model name.

umm review.... you really don't need sex if you have this bed. just curling up is nearly orgasmic. the cure for insomnia in a huge ass box.

other bonus: the surface stays nice/cool/breathe-y while you sleep, even under heaps of covers. or with your too tall girlfriend wrapped around you like an octopus with abandonment issues :redface:

he's had his for a couple of years. a few moves out of state and across country. no dips. no body grooves. the ticking can be stripped zipped off to be cleaned *or dry cleaned*. he opted for the foundation, i guess like a box spring, to go with the frame.

I have tempurpedic pillows and I can't recommend them highly enough. I've slept on the mattress and it was nice...but I've had Sealy Posturpedic my entire adult life and I'm very satisfied with it. If I ever decide to put glasses on wine on the bed and jump up and down I may look into one.

my tempurpedic body pillows is the next best thing to Buster :biggrin:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This one isn't a Tempurpedic memory foam type where your body heat makes an imprint in the mattress. It's a little more resilient. It's a solid foam latex mattress with small air holes that run through the thickness of the mattress. It's more dense than a normal mattress and it weighs quite a bit more.

Even though I'm not a pimp daddy, I like the mattress, as Mickey pointed out, because the ticking or cover can be unzipped and cleaned and also because the mattress is reversible. It's comfortably firm too.

I'm wondering if there is some faint latex smell after a while that would drive me crazy. Mickey, how cool is the surface of the mattress? I hate being cold at night.