Does anyone have a Sufficant Other that think they know u like a book?

Does your SO know u like a book?

• Total voters

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband says he knows me like a book. He says he knows what I'm going to say before I say it. Most of the time he does. I remember my Grandmother telling me one day, before we was married that he scared her. I guess he told her i would be calling her at lunch time {i was still going to school}. I did call her at that time. Ever since then he says he knows what I'm going to do before i do it. I know this one time that he was at work and i went to see my grandparents i didnt tell him i was going. when he got home walked in the door he said how was ur grandparents doing. I was dumbfounded. He said u might as well give up and trying to out smart him. I know any ways and he laughed. He claims he has figured out how women think lol. I dont know about any other women i think just me. Has any one else had this happen or just me? We have been married for 16yrs. But claiming to know what they think after a week of knowing each other. What is your comment on this? Do men really know a woman that well and vice versa?

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*rant on* First of all sufficant is not a word! The closest word on spell check to it, is sufficient which makes no sense contextually. I can only assume you meant to say 'significant other'. :rolleyes: *rant off*

That said, I'm guessing the reason your husband of 16 years can read you like a book is because you are:
A) not very smart
B) predictable in your daily routine and actions
C) close to your grandparents - On any given day it's probably a good bet you will call or stop by and see them. :rolleyes:

He's not psychic, just observant. For visual proof of what I mean try watching the show Psych or The Mentalist. :cool:

My husband says he knows me like a book. He says he knows what I'm going to say before I say it. Most of the time he does. I remember my Grandmother telling me one day, before we was married that he scared her. I guess he told her i would be calling her at lunch time {i was still going to school}. I did call her at that time. Ever since then he says he knows what I'm going to do before i do it. I know this one time that he was at work and i went to see my grandparents i didnt tell him i was going. when he got home walked in the door he said how was ur grandparents doing. I was dumbfounded. He said u might as well give up and trying to out smart him. I know any ways and he laughed. He claims he has figured out how women think lol. I dont know about any other women i think just me. Has any one else had this happen or just me? We have been married for 16yrs. But claiming to know what they think after a week of knowing each other. What is your comment on this? Do men really know a woman that well and vice versa?

Last edited:

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*rant on* First of all sufficant is not a word! The closest word on spell check to it, is sufficient which makes no sense contextually. I can only assume you meant to say 'significant other'. :rolleyes: *rant off*

That said, I'm guessing the reason your husband of 16 years can read you like a book is because you are:
A) not very smart
B) predictable in your daily routine and actions
C) close to your grandparents - On any given day it's probably a good bet you will call or stop by and see them. :rolleyes:

He's not psychic, just observant. For visual proof of what I mean try watching the show Psych or The Mentalist. :cool:

well you are wrong on all 3 and i take the first one to be very rude, but i do think you for posting anyway. you have a right to your opion but dont think it would hurt you any to learn the art of sudalty. i know [spell check] but i was not just talking about me i was talking about any and or everyone. we have learn to make a game of it over the yrs, and he is 98% of the time knows where i been and what i have done that day. i went for a Little trip for a couples hrs, once and he was at work, didn't trell him i was going or anyone else, he new when he came home and i thought it was funny how he knows stuff like this, he tells me he is keeping his secret to himself as he will be rich when he tells all about how he has figured out women LOL. he dose not care what i do and is not a control freak he is a wonderful guy that takes the time to show he loves me in many ways this little thing here between us is just something fun that has been going on since we met, he was this way on our second date and we been like this every since and i have know problem with it just asking if others have had this or not thanks all for your comments when and if you do

nitzaski

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I have been in my relationship for nearly 20 years - we met in our late teens and even though we have lived together all this time and worked together for most of these years we still surprise eachother constantly. Of course there are quirks and patterns that we recognise, but we are both still growing as people and in some fields we move apart and in others we move closer together. It would drive me mad if someone knew me so well - and I would be saddened if my fella didnt do things unexpected and surprising sometimes.

I am not saying that what you have is less or more - I am glad that you have a close, warm and knowing relationship - but personally I would feel there was something missing if I didnt learn new things as he grows in life and I hope that I make his eyebrows raise and look at me as if he does not know me sometimes - 'cause I am not the same man I was 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ago.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been in my relationship for nearly 20 years - we met in our late teens and even though we have lived together all this time and worked together for most of these years we still surprise eachother constantly. Of course there are quirks and patterns that we recognise, but we are both still growing as people and in some fields we move apart and in others we move closer together. It would drive me mad if someone knew me so well - and I would be saddened if my fella didnt do things unexpected and surprising sometimes.

I am not saying that what you have is less or more - I am glad that you have a close, warm and knowing relationship - but personally I would feel there was something missing if I didn't learn new things as he grows in life and I hope that I make his eyebrows raise and look at me as if he does not know me sometimes - 'cause I am not the same man I was 5, 10, 15 or 20 years ago.

oh he is full of surprises dont get me wrong here we do learn new things about each other, but he just seems to know me to well but in a good way. like other day we were talking while together and he ask a question and then said what i was going to say and then told me there you dont have to answer it i did it for you and it was the exact thing word for word i was going to say, this creeps me out but in a good fun way i am left wondering sometimes how he can do this, its like i swear the big stud muffin has esp. or something. but i know he dont as some times he is wrong but 98% of the time hes right.