Does anyone here believe in true love?

behrstar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sure do. I also believe in soulmates, though I believe we have more than one in a given lifetime.

When I met my husband, it was definitely love at first sight. And then, we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

Now, 12 years later, we are still deeply in love (and lust). We certainly do NOT have a perfect relationship...plenty of petty problems pop up all the time. But those problems are just that...petty...and we don't let them get the best of us. We support each other and lean on each other as needed and as able. I trust him with my life and know he trusts me the same way.

We learn from each other. We share our problems and joys. I do not feel complete without him, even though I can function without him.

I feel very lucky.:smile:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do indeed believe in true love and soulmates. I don't, however believe that they are found easily. Part of me thinks that it is a bit of the problem in today's society. Many people have this idealized version of true love and soulmates no matter where it comes from (parents, movies, tvs, books, etc) and they think it's as easy to find as it is in those mediums. In my opinion it's not. Beyond that people just seem to not want to work on things and would rather get a divorce than to go to counseling or something of the like. Anyways much like behrstar said I believe that we have multiple soulmates and if an opportunity is missed with one there is still hope you might find another.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Like Scorpio said, people have high expectations when we talk about true love. I believe there is love and that you can truely love someone with your whole heart. But it is at times risky because a heart can be broken. But yes I believe in it, but it ain't easy.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Absolutely.
True love and true intimacy...

But even true love can fail and falter if you take it for granted and allow yourself to drift...
Finding the person with whom you connect is one thing... but to make that connection endure the trials of time requires attention and dedication and the willingness to choose the romantic view of each other over the petty proofs of our personal flaws.

And you BOTH have to be willing to let go of the mundane, both be willing to look at each other with admiration, even after you know every unflattering and common thing about each other...

True love is not a thing... its choice you make every day.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe in the concept of soulmates also but at the same time, a person just doesn't RUN into these people like down at the mall or even at school. I think you have to be an aware and intelligent person about yourself before you can meet your soulmate. They and you have to be able to recognize each other out of the crowd, and it's not easy.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i like that...is it rilke?...quote on the topic:

A good relationship is one in which each partner appoints the other to be the guardian of his solitude, and thus they show each other the greatest possible trust. A merging of two people is an impossibility, and where it seems to exist, it is a hemming-in, a mutual consent that robs one party or both parties of their fullest freedom and development. But once the realization is accepted that even between the closest people infinite distances exist, a marvelous living side-by-side can grow up for them, if they succeed in loving the expanse between them, which gives them the possibility of always seeing each other as a whole and before an immense sky.

B_Castello

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
lol but when you love someone, there is no age time anymore... I know that, I'm in love :) and I feel like screming it very loud to everyone

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, but for me its a thing of mystical intrigue, out there somewhere in a place unknown, once in my possession before seeping slowly away into wispy plumes of evasiveness....i'm just waiting for it to come back to me in the form of an angel.