Does anyone here believe in true love?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i like that...is it rilke?...quote on the topic:

A good relationship is one in which each partner appoints the other to be the guardian of his solitude, and thus they show each other the greatest possible trust. A merging of two people is an impossibility, and where it seems to exist, it is a hemming-in, a mutual consent that robs one party or both parties of their fullest freedom and development. But once the realization is accepted that even between the closest people infinite distances exist, a marvelous living side-by-side can grow up for them, if they succeed in loving the expanse between them, which gives them the possibility of always seeing each other as a whole and before an immense sky.
Oooh, yes, yes, yes! I agree, Chrissy!
But finding a person that shares the same perspective on mutually loving relationships is really difficult.

mdp75

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i like that...is it rilke?...quote on the topic:

A good relationship is one in which each partner appoints the other to be the guardian of his solitude, and thus they show each other the greatest possible trust. A merging of two people is an impossibility, and where it seems to exist, it is a hemming-in, a mutual consent that robs one party or both parties of their fullest freedom and development. But once the realization is accepted that even between the closest people infinite distances exist, a marvelous living side-by-side can grow up for them, if they succeed in loving the expanse between them, which gives them the possibility of always seeing each other as a whole and before an immense sky.

exactly! I have found exactly that!

B_FruitFly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Puppy Love is True Love. Love at its purest and most innocent, even the sex that may come with it may be innocent. Adults corrupt everything, so i doubt it exist as more than anything more than loyalty and " i love him, but not like that" sort of thing.

ninerr

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do, but I think society has taught us to be judgemental and materialistic over our own sense of true love.

Sometimes I think I think I threw away my shot at true love, and it saddens me.
I hope I'm wrong.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol but when you love someone, there is no age time anymore... I know that, I'm in love :) and I feel like screming it very loud to everyone

Gosh, how many teenage girls have said that when justifing being with an older man?

Some people like being in love, but are not in love with the person they are with. At least not true love. They keep trying to make it work. You cant force love.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Where you find true friendship, You find true love." Lao-Tzu

Yes!

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No.

There is an entire industry (music, movies, greeting cards, engagement rings, etc.) that helps perpetuate the myth of romantic love so, I guess that it is good for the economy.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sure, I think we can have an instant connection with someone, or, develop one from something that started as friendship. But, true love is NOT enough to make a relationship work over the long haul...

And, I think true love can be quite different than forever love. IMHO, someone can be your true love for a moment in time

Damn, that sounds so negative.

Let me add even more to that negativity...love hurts

D

deleted356736

I had a love at first sight experience, and we are still very much in love more than two decades later. I have loved only one other woman in the way that I know love, but I think the love I sought was deeper and more intense than what most people settle for.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Yes, I absolutely do. I met my other half over ten years ago and I am just as in love right now as the day we met. We are a family and our lives revolve around each other and events we shre. We do have things and interests that are independent but these are coordinated in such a manner that no individual is left out. We are also raising our Nephew so we have that element introduced as well.

No relationship is perfect, but I feel that I am about as close as is realistically possible and we even have many jokes about it.

I can see some cute guy and remark to my other half quietly....."Will you look at the XXX on that one!" The simple fact is that we both do this and have grown comfortable enough in our lives together that we can.

A friend once remarked about it, and both of our answers amounted to "We're happily Married, not dead!"

There is no way to explain true deep love until you have experienced it. It is easy to be jaded and negative until it happens to you.

Like many, I have had my share of hurt in life too. You can't live the future based on a hurt of the past. Unless you are willing to give something you will never get anything.

Steinweg9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met someone in April of 1990. It took me about three years to learn to love him. We didn't get along. I'm German/Irish, he's Cuban. We were never compatible in anyway, certainly not sexually. But we didn't have anyone to help us learn to have a relationship, and we were both codependent. It was a mess. After five years of trying, I was totally committed but he moved on. He ended our sexual relationship at the five-year point, but took up with another. It would be two more years before I would learn, from a third party, that he had another lover. It was an unpleasant breakup, but neither one of us has ever let go of the other. We are good friends. (He has remained with his partner these 14 years, and I will go to their place tomorrow afternoon to watch fireworks from there.)

I dabbled then in personal ads, met about 70 men for coffee over about a year. All but one would have gone home with me for sex at sight, but I didn't like any of them. Had a couple of light flings, spent a week in bed with a beautiful 20-year-old Mexican, got stalked, etc., the whole bit.

Later, once I met a man who was right for me. Coffee again, but I knew from two or three phone calls and from our coffee date that he was the one, if there would ever be another. But he was a straight men who decided that he did not want to play with a man who was really gay, so he let me go. I don't remember when that was, but I guess it was about ten years ago.

I have never looked for love since then. I don't want to. I look terrific, I am in great shape, I am a good musician. I'm out there. I just don't want love, so I do not invite it, and I play oblivious when it presents itself.

I truly loved my x, and I could truly love again. Will I yet meet a true love? I believe he is out there waiting for me, and I will meet him. What will happen to me then?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yup. i absolutely believe in true love. i have known it. its the best thing ouside of being a parent one can know. however, i also know it does not always last. but for however long one is fortunate enough to experience it, it is incredible beyond words.