Does anyone here go to singles clubs?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So you never preemptively rejected guys that hadn't even hit on you?

Ahhh, so you wanted comments about YOUR experience, not just a random account of OUR experience :smile:.

Nope, I only rejected people AFTER they hit on me. And mostly because, as I said, I wasn't at the club to pick up (I had plenty of post-club sex, but it was almost always with people I knew beforehand). Although there's also the fact that I always felt unsafe when approached by strange people at the club.

Why did the girls at the club you went to reject you before you'd even spoken to them? They probably thought you WERE going to hit on them. You probably looked like you were about to speak to them (whether you intended to or not) and so they got in quick. Moving quickly is a pretty important technique to learn if you aren't at a club to pick up.

What about asking a guy that's interested in you to introduce you to his friend? I mean not necessarily in a club but anywhere....because that's happened to me many times outside of the club environment as well and it always makes me feel so hollow.

I would never ask someone who was interested in me to introduce me to his friend, just because I thought the friend was a better prospect. I find the very idea immensely rude and hurtful. I would ask out of politeness, and it is even possible that I may end up with the friend in the end (ie. I wouldn't hang back out of respect for the feelings of someone I don't even know), but I would not be so obviously dismissive of someone.

I don't know what this means.

Preemptive basically means responding to something that hasn't even happened yet. If you take the word out of the sentence in this case it means exactly the same thing.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Preemptive basically means responding to something that hasn't even happened yet. If you take the word out of the sentence in this case it means exactly the same thing.

Ah, I meant that I didn't understand how you could preemptively reject someone, because that didn't make any sense to me. Now I see that he meant that the women were giving off signals that they didn't want to be picked up and he interpreted that as rejection, which really is a stretch, like interpreting a situation where women who are driving in the opposite direction from you on the highway is rejection. It's not.

When women give off signals like that, they're doing you a favor. It's much nicer than leading a guy on if you actually already have a boyfriend and aren't interested in picking anyone up. Also, women in clubs have "high sales resistance" due to the nature of the environment. I worked in a club and I got hit on more frequently than I do here on LPSG. The likelihood of the same guy being able to pick me up in that club was lower than in a coffeeshop because my defenses were up, due to the amount of unwanted attention I was receiving.

Last edited:

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would never ask someone who was interested in me to introduce me to his friend, just because I thought the friend was a better prospect. I find the very idea immensely rude and hurtful. I would ask out of politeness, and it is even possible that I may end up with the friend in the end (ie. I wouldn't hang back out of respect for the feelings of someone I don't even know), but I would not be so obviously dismissive of someone.

What would you ask out of politeness?

Strange that this has happened to me several times. Including a blind date where the girl let me know shortly into our meal that she wasn't there for me but was hoping I'd hook her up with a friend of mine. Then there was the blind date where the girl left halfway through with another guy. I'm not really sure which was worse.

Needless to say I'm through with blind dates.

Ah, I meant that I didn't understand how you could preemptively reject someone, because that didn't make any sense to me. Now I see that he meant that the women were giving off signals that they didn't want to be picked up and he interpreted that as rejection, which really is a stretch, like interpreting a situation where women who are driving in the opposite direction from you on the highway is rejection. It's not.

When women give off signals like that, they're doing you a favor. It's much nicer than leading a guy on if you actually already have a boyfriend and aren't interested in picking anyone up. Also, women in clubs have "high sales resistance" due to the nature of the environment. I worked in a club and I got hit on more frequently than I do here on LPSG. The likelihood of the same guy being able to pick me up in that club was lower than in a coffeeshop because my defenses were up, due to the amount of unwanted attention I was receiving.

Agreed it's better than leading someone on. It's just weird that it happened to me so many times when I had no intention of hitting on any of them (I'm not an idiot I could tell they were out of my league). And it wasn't "signals" so much as them explicitly stating "not interested" in various rude ways when all I was doing was happening to be in the area.

But maybe you're right and they had a bunch of homely guys similar to me hitting on them all night and they just thought I'd be another.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What would you ask out of politeness?

If you could introduce me to your friend - it'd be rude if we were standing around talking and completely ignored him standing next to us.

But maybe you're right and they had a bunch of homely guys similar to me hitting on them all night and they just thought I'd be another.

This is the most likely scenario. Do you have any idea how often girls get hit on it clubs? I'm just an average looking girl (ie. not hot) and I used to get hit on EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to the bar alone. Without fail. It gets irritating pretty fast.

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
ive never been to anything called a "singles" club. ive been to bars and dance clubs. i am not an attractive man and i get girls, if not all the time, than at least some of the time. i'm going to have to call bullshit on your whole story because people do not act like that, and if it is true, move to a new area and petition the government to fire bomb that old one