Does Anyone Lose Girth As They Get Hard?

taylor141

Experimental Member
Media
Weird question but it sprung to mind. Does anyone's penis actually get less thick as it stretches out and lengthens? Someone in the changing room had a thick looking flaccid penis, but was quite short. I wasn't sure whether it would kinda redistribute with an erection?

Murphys

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is an interesting question and one I have observed myself. I don’t the answer for certainty but I wonder if it’s somewhat of an optical illusion in that the length of something impacts the optics of its thickness. For example, you take a post of wood that’s 6” across. If that post is 6” long, I think it would look thicker at 12” long than if it were 24” long.

Don’t know the scientific merit of the above, but it is what I’ve sort of concluded.

I actually gain girth as i get hard but im not the girthiest (is that even a word)..... good question, never really though anyone would lose girth.

Reactions: Tight_End_SC

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Someone had a thread about this a few months ago. He said his penis was slightly thicker flaccid than erect, and was asking if anyone else experienced this. I recall one or two others guys did.

someperson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Weird question but it sprung to mind. Does anyone's penis actually get less thick as it stretches out and lengthens? Someone in the changing room had a thick looking flaccid penis, but was quite short. I wasn't sure whether it would kinda redistribute with an erection?
mine increases by a lot from 5" to 6.5"

Reactions: Gj816

Scott8361

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When I have an erection, but am not yet super, fully hard, my girth can measure slightly more than it does at my hardest.

But when my cock gets rock hard, my length reaches it maximum, bone pressed almost 6.75 ", but my girth decreases by over an eighth inch to only 4.35".

Daddybulls

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not at all

iamjustme65

Loved Member
Media
umm.. a penis gets larger/longer when blood fills sponge like cells in your penis.
Since there is no air inside these cells, when they empty - they collapse and the penis gets much smaller.
The exact same think would happen to any sponge if it was in an environment with no air.
So unless something is pretty seriously wrong with your penis, it has to increase in both girth and length.

Reactions: coolestguy

Scott8361

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Mine increases in girth and length compared to fully soft.

BUT.... I have noticed that I can be slightly thicker just before peak hardness. It seems that last bit to go to max hardness my cock lengthens its last bit but actually looses a hair in girth in the process.

I noticed this during my obsessive measuring... I get super, rock hard and with a rigid ruler and tailor's tape I am expecting my best possible dimensions. And while my length can almost be 6.75 (from a typical 6.5), I am surprised to find I lost about an 1/8th in girth!

Wierd and disappointing!

johnweek1

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I never even knew this was a thing? I thought all guys got thicker and longer when hard. You sure it got thinner, or did the extra length just distort your perception's?