Does anyone use online bill pay?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never used it until I moved to Florida, but it's great.

First of all, with the Comcast triple play., my phone, Cable and ISP bill is all on one bill. Before I used to get an AT&T, Verizon and Cablevision bill.

I also use it to pay my electric bill. I love technology.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, I've been doing it for years & all of my bills are paid online...the convenience can't be beat and it makes it so easy to make sure things are paid on time...

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I pay my mortgage and credit card bills online. I paid off all my cards pretty fast because I didn't have to wait for the monthy statement to come to make a payment I could pay 2 or 3 times a months. I usually have my verizon bill paid before they ever send me a email about the payment, you would think you could be the electronic notice before the mailed one but it don't work that way.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Paying your bills on-line makes life so much easier. It is simple quick and can be done 24/7 365 days a year. When you think of the time writing cheques getting them in the post not knowing that it has been received on time. I also do my Tesco Supermarket Shopping on-line and its delivered the next day again saves time , effort, parking costs. Repeat prescriptions from my doctor I can order on line 24/7, the computer is making life so much easier alround. Can't wait for the price of technology to come down to control everything in my home from my laptop.

Yea I am a computer gadget geek, before anyone says it.

If your not taking advantage give it a try you will be amazed how life becomes easier. The other main advantage is that it is eco friendly think of all the post, paper, fuel, you will help save with having all your bill delivered on-line.

Happy surfing

Smartalk

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i pay just about everything online. i can't even remember when was the last time i wrote a check to pay a bill. online payments are convenient, it saves me time, it saves trees, and it's one more step towards going green!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I have a couple of accounts on autopay but the rest of them I pay online.

I use my bank's bill pay so I can take care them all at the same place and have a single place to go to for records.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You mean some people still write checks?? Amazing. Only time I write a check is to my auto mechanic. (Been going there for years and it saves him a couple percent vs. Visa. If it weren't a family owned business, or if I didn't know them well I'd definitely use Visa.)

Everything is on auto pay except my Visa, which I pay in full every month so I can't do auto pay.

I also have 3 savings accounts (general/emergency, property taxes, and special purpose -- like vacation or room addition etc.) that I have money auto transferred to every month. Plus I'm on direct deposit. Have no clue what the inside of a bank looks like these days.

Which reminds me -- did you see the story a few years back about the woman in Sweden who lived in an apartment building? Somebody said, "Whatever happened to Inga? I haven't seen her in ages, did she move out??"

Turns out she died in her apartment THREE YEARS earlier. Her pension was on direct deposit and her rent and bills were on auto pay so no one noticed she had died. Isn't that amazing?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Haven't written a check by hand in ages. Don't even have any paper checks. I pay them all online but not via individual accounts with each creditor. Pay them all via CheckFree. Nor do I use/carry much cash. It's all charge card or debit.