Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is there a rule that says people have to work hours that always conflict with Oprah in someway? Not to mention the world has this awesome thing called Tivo.

That being said, I never watch Oprah, but I'd rather watch Oprah over Dr. Phil any day.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, apparently for those that do watch it every day, you have quite a shock coming...the show is ending in 2011

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
well, apparently for those that do watch it every day, you have quite a shock coming...the show is ending in 2011

They should end it on December 21st, 2012 instead. I'd almost watch that episode, if only for the lolfactor of it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It depends on the Topic.........when Oprah gets all "spiritual" and talks about "simplifying" your life, I avoid it like the plague. The gazillionaire known as Oprah doesn't exactly have any credence on the joys of simplifying your life. I do love the Dr Oz segments.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think Oprah does. No seriously this women has spent more of her money on others then anyone else I know of except maybe the Gates Foundation. I been asking the same question about The View.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Oprah does. No seriously this women has spent more of her money on others then anyone else I know of except maybe the Gates Foundation.

well, while her philanthropy is certainly laudable, i could name tons who have spent alot more.

like:

the Rockefellers
Wellcome Trusts
Li Ka Shing
Robert Wood Johnson
William and Flora Hewlett

to name just a few...in fact, the largest US charitable foundations by asset size

Foundation Center - Top 100 US Foundations by Asset Size

dwarf Oprah, whose Foundation as of last check in 2009 contained 172 million in assets (though that is certainly not to downplay the good things she has done for charity and will continue to do) meaning her foundation is roughly 4 times smaller than the lowest valued on that list (Ford Foundation - 683 million)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does anyone watch Oprah EVERY DAY? Don't people work?

Yes, I do watch or TiVo Oprah daily. I am currently disabled and not working. However, when I was working full-time I TiVo'd her. If you don't like her don't watch her; but don't get all judgy about those who do. :irked:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've seen bits and pieces of the show now and then, but not at all for about ten years. It seemed ok, I like her well enough and she doesn't seem evil or anything.

But really, I couldn't care less about Oprah or any other celebrity. I find the whole celeb "industry", if I can call it that, a colossal bore. An entertainer, can entertain me in a show, or a movie, or a concert, or a video, or whatever, but when their job is done, I have no interest in their opinions or their personal life.

This is my opinion and I don't care if you enjoy Oprah everyday. No judgement from me.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't people work?
People work and there was a time they used their vcr to tape the show and watch at the end of the day-some still do it that way. Others use the Tivo gizmo, and in some areas, the show is rebroadcast (here in New York City it shows again at a little past 1 in the morning).

I've seen a snippet or a snuppet here and there, mainly when waiting for the 5 o'clock news to come on (I check the lead story and then check another channel).

The entire nation is in for a shock at that time, as Oprah announces she will be the replacement of Joe Biden in Obama's bid for re-election.

On a positive side, word is, Oprah will be replaced by Sarah Palin, in Palin's show titled: You Betcha! in which she will blend idiocy and home tips, like how to field dress a moose and turn the hide into window drapes.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have seen clips from the show on other television shows (such as The News Hour) and on Web sites. Apart from that, I have never watched it.

I wonder why that is? It probably has something to do with my having a penis instead of a vagina.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sorry I just heard her say on CNN... "Television will never be the same after my show goes off the air." I did not think it was possible for me to despise this woman more than I already do. Maybe her audience will just have to learn to start thinking for themselves until she goes from her own show to her own network.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm sorry I just heard her say on CNN... "Television will never be the same after my show goes off the air." I did not think it was possible for me to despise this woman more than I already do. Maybe her audience will just have to learn to start thinking for themselves until she goes from her own show to her own network.

Haha yeah. They can build a machine to broadcast her dreams for late night television.