Does anyone worry about getting herpes from oral sex?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems like plenty of men would not turn down a blowjob from someone they just met. Do they ever worry about the chance of getting genital herpes? Seems like most men don't care. I wonder why that is. Is herpes not a big deal anymore?

(BTW, I don't expect this thread to get more than 15 responses.)

D

deleted136887

Since Bill Clinton, BJ is not considered sex anymore

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I look at it this way... would i kiss the person? If i would kiss them...well they can suck it...

And I'm not talking kissing like your momma or another family member... hahaha

The person getting sucked is MUCH less likely to catch anything...but the person sucking...well they are risking lots of things...but usually it's not on their mind at the time...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems like plenty of men would not turn down a blowjob from someone they just met. Do they ever worry about the chance of getting genital herpes? Seems like most men don't care. I wonder why that is. Is herpes not a big deal anymore?
(BTW, I don't expect this thread to get more than 15 responses.)
Jovial darling you have got to stop beating this dead horse! :mad:
We the responsible and sexually active adults of the world are aware of Herpes and how it is transmitted. We use condoms and get tested regularly. The fact that we do not laminate our entire bodies prior to a date does not mean we are ignorant or don't care.

You need to get a grip on reality.

I think most men think of oral sex as safe sex...even though its not the case...id say most guys dont think a bj is a big deal
Uhm, we gals kinda don't think it's a big deal either. :redface: Unless of course we catch someone else sucking our mans dick then it's a big deal. :biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kinda relevant, not sure if you saw my bump to this thread.
I don't think I saw your bump of that thread. I had bumped it a couple months ago.

Not sure if you have gotten blood tested but you could carry type 1 also, as most people do but don't have symptoms. In which case it wouldn't be as big a concern with your partner.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jovial darling you have got to stop beating this dead horse! :mad:
We the responsible and sexually active adults of the world are aware of Herpes and how it is transmitted.
Actually, most people aren't aware of the risks or how it can be transmitted.

We use condoms
Most people don't use condoms for oral sex. Do you use condoms and dental dams for oral sex?
and get tested regularly. The fact that we do not laminate our entire bodies prior to a date does not mean we are ignorant or don't care.
The fact is most people don't get tested regularly for herpes. 4 out of 5 people that have it don't know that they have it!
You need to get a grip on reality.
I think I may be one of the few that does have a grip on reality.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Jovial, you are an awesome guy, and I commend you for having a social conscience, but do we need another herpes thread? Why not just bump one of your old ones.

It was because of you that I learned that 1 in 4 New Yorkers has herpes. This still fascinates me. I value your posts, but c'mon dude.

Besides, isn't kissing somebody just as dangerous as giving oral sex?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, most people aren't aware of the risks or how it can be transmitted.
Most people don't use condoms for oral sex. Do you use condoms and dental dams for oral sex?
No, I don't, and I know for a fact you don't either. :tongue: :rolleyes: Hell, I dated a dentist for 12 years. He loved going down on me and never once did it occur to him to bring a dental dam home from the office. He wasn't ignorant of the risks, just sensible.

The fact is most people don't get tested regularly for herpes. 4 out of 5 people that have it don't know that they have it!

I think I may be one of the few that does have a grip on reality.

So you're against casual sex of any kind?
Interesting.
Ignore him and his wife. If you check his post history you will find that he is a wing nut. You'll also have to sort through the posts where his sole purpose is to attack me first though. :rolleyes:

Jovial, you are an awesome guy, and I commend you for having a social conscience, but do we need another herpes thread? Why not just bump one of your old ones.
Because when it comes to this and a few other topics he is like friggin' Rainman or a dog with a bone. He just can't let it go until everyone sees it his way. :irked:
It was because of you that I learned that 1 in 4 New Yorkers has herpes. This still fascinates me. I value your posts, but c'mon dude.

In theory, yes. Yet, I still maintain the world needs more love and kissing. :love: :kiss:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For real? If someone has weeping sores on one of their holes you're gonna stick your cock in it?

No thanks. Not for me.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This is the only thread I've ever started about herpes. The one about 1 in 4 New Yorkers was started by New End. But it is true that I bring the topic of herpes up in other threads when someone brings up STDs.

Yes, kissing someone can pass it on just as easily as oral sex, BUT there is a social stigma to having herpes genitally. If someone tells their partner they get cold sores it isn't a big deal, but if they say they have type 1 genital, the partner will run.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because when it comes to this and a few other topics he is like friggin' Rainman or a dog with a bone. He just can't let it go until everyone sees it his way. :irked:
I am going to bring up things that others are unaware of. It's not a matter of seeing things my way. I just want people to be educated and protect themselves and their partners.

One time a girl offered me a blowjob which I turned down. I later found out she sometimes got cold sores, but she wasn't willing to reveal this to me beforehand. It can be transmitted when there is no outbreak, but apparently she wasn't aware of this or didn't care. So as long as people are willing to risk the health of others like this I am going to bring the topic up!

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally, if I had to choose, I'd take the genital over the oral......you don't (well most don't) run around w/their privates in full view.

On the other hand, it's not too easy to run around w/bag over your head....

Roff

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I heard that on 3% of herpes crosses over from mouth to genitals, the rest is mouth to mouth and genital to genital...