Does anything shock you anymore?

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After studying the history of America's foreign policy and false-flag operations, 9/11 is definitely NOT shocking... but yes, on that day, it WAS shocking to me. Thankfully, I've become a much more informed individual since then.

Next 'shocking' event: a 'terrorist' attack in America, blamed on Iran to justify the upcoming war. You heard it here first. :wink:

I must say I am somewhat shocked by the size of your cock, albeit pleasantly shocked!:tongue:

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You heard it here first. :wink:

actually I heard it in a number of other places already :cool:

so that wont be a shock at all

but anyway

did anyone ever tell you

that you have a shockingly big beautiful dick :eek:

I would say jaw-dropping but I suspect that wouldnt help so I'll just end on that note :redface:

NumberOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so....I'm wondering WHY people are shocked by 9/11...are you shocked at the fact that the planes hit the buildings?...or the fact that they collapsed?...because...well lets just say this....did ANY of you take history in college? do any of you know how we have treated most other countries? yeah like shit....so...being shocked by that incident i find ignorant...i mean...call me an asshole, call me what you will.. but i see no reason for that event to be shocking...we had it coming..deservingly....they killed 2,700 of our civilians CNN.com - New York reduces 9/11 death toll by 40 - Oct. 29, 2003
we have killed over an estimated 100,000 of theirs
CNN.com - Study puts Iraqi toll at 100,000 - Oct 29, 2004

now, tell me which is more shocking?....we think we are the world police and we have to affect the world in a way that we see as positive? no...our government cant see past their own personal agendas to see what the rest of the world actually thinks about what were doing...Now...don't get me wrong i'm NOT saying that ANY of the people in New York deserved to die...because they didnt...but...as a country...we had it coming and are NO better than the "terrorist" are...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

NumberOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yaeh...im just guessing i have a different definition about being shocked than everyone else...i thought shocked meant basically when you wouldn't expect something to happen..and it does...possibly like someone that you think is in great emotional, psychiological condition, killing themself? If someone I was close too did that...i might be shocked...9/11..just sad...not shocking

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
so....I'm wondering WHY people are shocked by 9/11...are you shocked at the fact that the planes hit the buildings?...or the fact that they collapsed?...because...well lets just say this....did ANY of you take history in college? do any of you know how we have treated most other countries? yeah like shit....so...being shocked by that incident i find ignorant...i mean...call me an asshole, call me what you will.. but i see no reason for that event to be shocking...we had it coming..deservingly....they killed 2,700 of our civilians CNN.com - New York reduces 9/11 death toll by 40 - Oct. 29, 2003
we have killed over an estimated 100,000 of theirs
CNN.com - Study puts Iraqi toll at 100,000 - Oct 29, 2004

now, tell me which is more shocking?....we think we are the world police and we have to affect the world in a way that we see as positive? no...our government cant see past their own personal agendas to see what the rest of the world actually thinks about what were doing...Now...don't get me wrong i'm NOT saying that ANY of the people in New York deserved to die...because they didnt...but...as a country...we had it coming and are NO better than the "terrorist" are...

okay, you're an asshole

The most horrific terrorist attack in the history of the world.
The collapse of the buildings, and the symbolic value of that, exactly what the terrorists were counting on.
The level of success of these attacks where so many before had either failed or fell short.
The deaths of multiple friends and acquaintances on the same morning.
The fact that the attack happened on US soil, a rarity.

All of the above combined to make the morning so September 11th, 2001 shocking to me. Watching the towers come down I just felt numb.

Your arguments have nothing to do with anything. You might deserve to be shot in the face. I bet if I did you'd still find the experience shocking, though.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yaeh...im just guessing i have a different definition about being shocked than everyone else...i thought shocked meant basically when you wouldn't expect something to happen..and it does...possibly like someone that you think is in great emotional, psychiological condition, killing themself? If someone I was close too did that...i might be shocked...9/11..just sad...not shocking

Everyone expected attacks, almost nobody anticipated anything on that level. Nothing remotely similar had ever been carried out or even attempted before. The fact that the attack happened: completely expected. The nature, success and result of the attack: completely unexpected and shocking.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After studying the history of America's foreign policy and false-flag operations, 9/11 is definitely NOT shocking... but yes, on that day, it WAS shocking to me. Thankfully, I've become a much more informed individual since then.

Next 'shocking' event: a 'terrorist' attack in America, blamed on Iran to justify the upcoming war. You heard it here first. :wink:

:rolleyes:

NumberOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
either way, like i said, i might have a different definition of shocking, yes it WAS horrible, yes i had a relative who died. the event was horrifying, gruesome, it was a disgust yes....but shocking,no. i see in no way how it could be "shocking"...it was expected and we had it coming...this nation is in a downward spiral and i see it going nowhere else but down... i mean sorry about sounding harsh...but its the truth to me and thats what matters the most... My opinion about the fact that it wasn't shocking isnt going to change...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
perhaps.

I think the original point of this thread, asking "does anything shock you anymore?" was a question dealing with a visceral shock to the senses or your sensibilities. The common question that is usually followed up with accusations that television or film are desensitizing everyone to violence or tragedy or "profanity." 9/11 was a shock to my senses. I was horrified. Could it have been predicted? Maybe. Though most of the experts did not. That we were attacked was more or less an inevitability. The scale and nature of the attack I do think was surprising. But even if it wasn't... just the symbolic value of the attack, and the level of carnage and destruction that took place in the space of a few hours, was shocking to most, I think. I know that's not what you're arguing against.

NumberOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
perhaps.

I think the original point of this thread, asking "does anything shock you anymore?" was a question dealing with a visceral shock to the senses or your sensibilities. The common question that is usually followed up with accusations that television or film are desensitizing everyone to violence or tragedy or "profanity." 9/11 was a shock to my senses. I was horrified. Could it have been predicted? Maybe. Though most of the experts did not. That we were attacked was more or less an inevitability. The scale and nature of the attack I do think was surprising. But even if it wasn't... just the symbolic value of the attack, and the level of carnage and destruction that took place in the space of a few hours, was shocking to most, I think. I know that's not what you're arguing against.

it might have been to most...i guess just the fact that it was expected to me took away the shock factor...i mean when it was first confirmed as being a "terrorist" attack...the first thought that ran through my head was "we had it coming"...and in NO WAY do i condone it....not at all.... it just didnt shock me...i think i came off the wrong way in my post...this be an apology :)