Does being bored make me more attractive?

D

deleted3782

not for long... soon as that taxi gets here, I'm heading uptown to 123's place. I can pick up you and xyz on the way... :tongue:

Does that mean I have to hide the woodie and get dressed???:confused:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I figured it was some trendy ice-breaker, but still, it comes across to me as "I can't find anything better right now, so I'll settle for you, please entertain me."

You're not alone. Whether intended or not that is the message being sent out. I'd be offended if I didn't find it so amusing.

I put "I'm bored" in the same class as "I'm horny". Neither condition are my problem to solve for someone else and neither will get any attention from me unless I happen to share the same condition at the same time.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I put "I'm bored" in the same class as "I'm horny". Neither condition are my problem to solve for someone else and neither will get any attention from me unless I happen to share the same condition at the same time.
Well I'm usually one or the other, so next time you're horny or bored give me a dingle and we can do some mutual problem solving :wink:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I see so many posts titled something like, "I'm so bored, cam with me now."

Am I the only one who thinks that's a little insulting? To me, it implies that they think I'm only worthwhile to alleviate their boredom, or that it's my duty to accomodate them.

If I were into camming, I would be much more likely to respond to "I'm horny, let's cam" than I would to "I'm bored. Entertain me."

I actually find someone LESS attractive when they are boring.

To me the two greatest sins are: 1) being bored (if you're so bored you don't deserve the gift of life), and 2) being a boor (if you are so boorish, do the rest of us a favor and remove yourself from our presence).

Agreed. There are far too many things to do and experience than to ever be bored. I challenge my kids with the statement "I'm bored" all the time.

Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I was bored. I find my entertainment, for myself, wherever I am.

Yup. As I like to say, I carry a party in my back pocket.
... I'm just really puzzled why the opening line, "I'm bored" would attract anyone interested in camming. I usually just skip over those threads, don't even bother to reply, because the first thought that goes through my head is, "alright, you're bored, you won't be much fun to interact with."
I always skip over those threads. Those sad cries for attention are the last thing that will get attention from me. The entire sentiment lacks any personal element. What kind of standard does a person have to NOT hold for themselves to be so bored/sad/lonely/WHATever as to be ready to be entertained by ANYone.

I figured it was some trendy ice-breaker, but still, it comes across to me as "I can't find anything better right now, so I'll settle for you, please entertain me."

Yup-its sad in a less than amusing kind of way.

I agree totally with this.