Does being "You" make your penis smaller?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Symphonic, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Symphonic

Gold Member

Albums:
    My penis is what it is, but because it is attached to me I don't think any size or manner of penis will actually ever seem "large" to me. I can look at the same SIZE on another person and be more impressed than with my own; I'm lithe so it's not a fat issue before that's asserted.

I just wondered if other guys felt the same. Does your perspective effect your own perception of penile size in relation to your organ?

2. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, i have always wondered about it, i experience that too, it is kind of funny.
    I wonder whether the mirror effect is related to that.

3. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    There is some truth to 'your penis is as big as you think it is.' I find that when I'm feeling self confident and sexy, my dick seems bigger. I know it really isn't. And the size of your body/how you feel about your body has an affect on how you view your penis.
    Most people have a disconnect between what they fell like they look like and what they actually look like.
    When I started high school, I went through a huge growth spurt. That summer, I went to a swim meet. I was looking at the guys way at the other end of the pool grabbing a metal bar over their heads to stretch before diving into the pool. I can remember thinking how I wish that I was big enough to grab that bar too. When I walked down to that side of the pool and stood where they were standing, I was shocked when I reached up to find that the bar was only about 2 feet over my head... I was way taller than the guys I had been looking at.
    I don't know if that has anything to do with your post. I just think that how you personally feel about your body, your cock, whatever... has a huge impact on your state of mind and self esteem.

4. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've always thought the same. I think it has something to do with the fact that you're (typically) looking down at your penis. Here's a simple way of explaining it: get a chair and stand on it and look past your feet, down at the floor. It appears that you're a long ways from the floor, but in reality your feet are only about 20" off it.

5. instynctive

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All the time.

I was *tiny* growing up.. a fat kid with a tiny penis... and was teased about it. As far as I'm concerned, I look down and still see that fat kid's tiny penis... at least I think that's what it is.

I have a boi toy with whom I occasionally play with.. he's a solid 7" and thick.. and looks HUGE to me.. until we place our cocks side by side..

Perspective can be a bitch sometimes... and so long as my partners are happy with it, I will be as well. :)

6. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

yes and no, I'm tall and thin. my cock doesn't look very long, but my girth is over 6". so I got this fat cock on a skinny body.

7. D_Penny_Khandi

D_Penny_Khandi New Member

My cock looks too small in my eyes, and I can get quite down on myself about it.

8. D_Crystallized Ginger

My case is the reverse... I think and always thought that my penis was big... althoug mine is olny 6.9 inches long and has a girth of 5,4 at its maximum and I'm 6' 2'' tall on a weight of 180 lbs... Looking at your pics and measuring pics showing penis very long and thick (9x7 and more) I think you are huge and maybe unreal and I'm still big..is it normal??

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Perspective does play a big part in it. When I first took a pic of mine to upload here I was (pleasantly!) surprised at how big it looked, but then when I look in the mirror it doesn't look especially big as I'm pretty tall.

I get the same thing as you when looking at other cocks on here. I see pictures and think it looks huge, but then see that it's actually smaller than mine.

10. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mine looks bigger in the mirror and even more so from a distance when I can see my whole body reflected.

11. Sardonic

Sardonic New Member

Your penis also looks smaller when seen from above, bigger from the side, so no use comparing size at the urinal because the perspective is skewing things.

12. rabbit12345

rabbit12345 New Member

yes of course.

anarexic peole see a fat person in the mirror and bodybuilders see a skinny person in the mirror

13. bigirishman

bigirishman Well-Known Member

Albums:
    ya i get this i have put on a lot of muscle since my pics and always compre myself to guys in gym and think god you look so skinny. when in fact in reality i know im bigger than a lot of guys. same thing happens when i see a big penis it makes me feel down on myself and demasculated. Like i am less of a man.
    And i know it does not make sense but its difficult to rationalise it.
    Also yes when its on you i think you just think it could always be bigger fatter etc.

14. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Before I started visiting this site, my dick just looked "normal" to me; but then, so did Rocco Siffredi's and Peter North's, which are of about the same size as mine. Over time, the knowledge that this sort of size is in fact quite large has caused my perceptions to alter. So now I look (and they look) "big" to me. :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted