Does circumcision desensitize and how much?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by longverythick, Jul 17, 2010.

?

How much does circumcision desensitize?

1. It makes it more sensitive

15.0%
  2. It has no effect

22.5%
  3. Desensitizes a little

25.0%
  4. Much less sensitive

46.7%
  1. longverythick

longverythick New Member

How much does circumcision desensitize, if any, and did it make anyone more sensitive? I was cut as an infant and it is very sensitive so I'm not sure it would be more pleasurable with foreskin.

2. demon_rider

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Being uncut myself, I can't really say. Personally I'd think only people who have lived as an adult in both states should really vote. However I have heard that the number of nerve endings lost in the foreskin is pretty significant. The scar tissue left behind is like all scar tissue so not as sensitive. Also the glands themselves become dry and more accustomed to rubbing on clothing and generally being exposed. Not to mention the damage they take during the process itself where the foreskin is forced to detach from the glands. All in all I've heard there's between a 15% to 25% loss in feeling.

3. longverythick

longverythick New Member

Mine is definitely not dry, sometimes I rub without any lubricant. Also some people have either not been able to tell or actually thought it was uncircumcised, why is this? Also when its soft sometimes the skin can pull over and it looks like it is uncut.

4. lee1973i

lee1973i Member

Albums:
    I was circumcised 3yrs ago. No loss of sensation; the only way i would describe it is the sensations have changed.

#4 lee1973i, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  5. longverythick

longverythick New Member

In what way have they change?

6. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I got cut about 6 years ago and I would have to concur with this sentiment.

For me it was all about direct contact with my penis head. My scar is also very sensitive.

7. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was cut as an adult and am still sensitive.

8. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was circumcised at age 30. I'm now 55 (fuck!). I can happily report that my cock works just fine :eek:)

I completely understand that loss of the foreskin really is a loss for those that didn't plan it. I can only say that I lived with mine, and enjoyed it, for long enough to get to know it. I think it's rotten for those guys who never had the chance. But all I can say is that I don't think my cock was better with the foreskin. Just a little different. I think I like it better without, but if my foreskin re-grew, I'm not sure how I'd feel about getting rid of it. Maybe I'd like to enjoy it for a few years. WTF. The difference isn't as great as people think.

9. Sapien

Sapien Member

Albums:

I was also cut as an infant though not as loose as you (as per your subsequent posts). When I was 22 I also was fairly sensitive but when I reached my mid thirties there was a significant dramatic reduction in sensitivity. This is a very common complaint from men that were cut as infants. If you have lots of extra skin that protects your glans you may be lucky.

Since I am a restorer I keep my glans and inner skin covered and protected. Much of the lost sensitivity has returned. However, the sensitivity of the glans is only part of the equation. As you mentioned the loss of the erogenous foreskin itself is significant, but what I find as I restore is that more skin = more skin mobility = increased sexual pleasure.

Perhaps you were lucky and your circumcision did not have a significant adverse affect on you. Maybe there is a difference between being circumcised as an infant and as an adult. I can assure you that there are a significant percentage of men for which routine infant circumcision has had significant negative consequences.

10. Sirkumsised

Sirkumsised Member

Albums:
    I hated my foreskin as a boy but never had the courage to get rid of it until soon after I was married, when I popped out of the office one lunch hour for this minor operation. Within 2 weeks we were having greatly improved sex. My wife told me that for her having sex with a man with a foreskin is no better than when he is wearing a condom. Sex with a circumcised penis stimulates a woman's sesitive parts far more. I recommended a friend to be circumcised and some months later his wife told me that his being cut had improved their sex life so much that it saved their marriage! For me there has been no loss in sensitivity at all and the best thing about being circumcised is, as well as my wife's greater satisfaction, being given spontaneous oral sex in the most unlikely places. That is very unlikely to happen to an uncircumcised man - who would suck an uncircumcised penis unless it had just been washed? And stooping foreplay to go and wash is such a turn off. So guys - if you haven't been circumcised yet - go for it! It is great! So much better in every way for oneself and one's lovers.

11. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

All it took was circumcision to save a marriage??? So for all the uncircumcised guys whose marriages are in trouble, get cut and everything will be fine??? Marriage counselors, take note. This is obviously a breakthrough in therapy.

12. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LOL.

I couldnt help but laugh at that.

13. demon_rider

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Is that bullshit I smell? Seriously dude if you were uncut once you likely know that it only takes one wash a day and your good. So unless you weren't showering on a daily basis, thus making spontaneous oral sex impossible for you, I would doubt you were ever uncut. People prefer one thing or the other as a matter of opinion, and all the polls I've read of British women, overwhelmingly state they prefer uncut cock. Hell since it moves inside it's own skin, you can go on longer and more aggressively because it's less abrasive to the guy. Half the time I don't even need lube for anal if thats any indication.

14. ginger_qboy

ginger_qboy Member

Albums:

15. Vagus

Vagus New Member

for guys that are uncut/intact and guys that have known both states, I think it would help in clarifying his question if we knew the relative sensitivities of the frenulum,inner foreskin,ridged band etc.

16. McMM12345

McMM12345 Active Member

Albums:
    I got cut last year and I think that you are massively desensitised by it, it's different... slightly harder to clean (you have to be more rough) and overall I would say if you need it done then get it done (I had a medical reason) but if you don't then keep and enjoy it for I wish I had mine back but either way it's not a massive deal... use what you've got!

17. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To me its certainly not a desensitization.

Frenulum: Before circumcision the only pleasure I got from this area is when the skin was pulled back as far as it could go and I did a really slow want by moving the skin ever so slightly. After circumcision I can simply rub the area and I feel the same sensation

Inner foreskin: I get a good deal of pleasure from my girlfriend either through head or if she really feels like focusing on it while she rides me. Before circumcision I only saw my inner foreskin when I was flaccid.

Ridged band: VERY sensitive. Oh man, all I really have to do is twist my fingers underneath the head and I can come from that motion alone. This is something my girlfriend learned to focus on during head. It drives me wild. Before my circumcision I could barely get my skin to this point so any sexual focus on it was out of the question

Circumcision scar: Another VERY sensitive area. couple this with the ridge band two hands and a mouth and shit I can come in a heart beat.

Now after all that is said, I wont say every circumcised penis will experience what I experience, heck and I cant vouch for an uncut penis having the same experience either. I think it's either in the preference or just be happy with what you have. If you can get past any body issues you have I am sure sex will be pleasurable no matter what.

18. Cowabanga

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was circumsize at 23, and was very sensitize immediately after the surgery. It was like sandpaper on my head from the undergarment rubbing against it. after that was over, I cant say that my ability to have sex or masterbate have change any because its a different kind of sensation and pleasure that isn't dependent on that kind of sensitivity.

19. eurotop40

Gold Member

NODORO(TM) is the answer.

20. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    because I went from long foreskinned uncut to semi-cut, and some 20 years later, went for the full cut, it is a bit hard to gauge loss of sensitivity.

There are times when I am not aware of my glans being naked in underwear, and times where it is a pleasant sensation that it just enough to remind me that I am circumcised, but tame enough to prevent erections. (when I was semi cut, having bare head would cause erection because sensation was too strong for the brain to ignore).

Since my skin can no longer go over head, I can't say whether the glans is more/less sensitive to when I was semi or uncut since back then, I masturbated without hand going over glans with only skin going over glans.

However, by rubbing glans and shaft directly, I find I get stronger sensations than just moving skin up/down.

As uncut, the skin was so long that the up/down movement did not sollicit any tightness on skin, it just slided up/down. When I was semi, on the upstroke, it would stretch the skin and that provided sensations. Now that i am really cut, the skin tightness is great and as I rub the skin, this is a new sensation that I didn't really have before (unless I manually "locked" the skin down tight with the other hand).

I also find that rubbing the inner foreskin directly provides far more stimulation than when i was uncut where I was not realy aware the inner foreskin was sensitive since I never rubbed it.

Swimming naked: every summer, I go to a nudist beach a few times. First time I went post full circ, it was a VERY NICE experience to feel the water and air bubbles flow over the glans. I still feel that, but it isn't as noticeable anymore. Perhaps because I got used to it. But I still feel it. Initial contact of glans with water is just as intense as before.

Remember that the nerves on the glans are still all there. As are those on the inner foreskin.

Consider sensitivity of glans during orgasm: the glans doesn't suddently develop new nerve endings for for the duration of the orgasm. It is the brain which amplifies the exsiting sensations.

My theory is that the brain is able to control the level of sensation of the penis. Post circumcision, it learns to ignore certain common sensations of the glans against underewear, but will notice anything above a certain threashold.

On thing that is important to remember: any wet glans will generate more intense sensations than a dry one. This was true for me even when I was uncut. (which is why I always wait for my glans to dry up after manually retracting skin during erection before starting to j/o).

Put lube on a circumcised penis, and rub glans directly, and the orgasm is more intense than any uncut could get by just rolling skin up/down.

What I did notice is that when I was semi cut, the up/down movement sollicited a lot of the scrotum to enable skin to move up. This caused the balls to move around and procides nice sensations. As a circumcised male, if I just rub shaft/glans, it doesn't really stimulate scrotum. But if I grab shaft skin and jerk it up/down, while it may not stimulate head, it does oull scrotum up/down and that feels good. This is enough to reach orgasm but takes much longer.

Draft saved Draft deleted