Does circumcision desensitize and how much?

How much does circumcision desensitize?

• Total voters

longverythick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am cut and the scar is extremely sensitive. At least 5 times more sensitive than the head. I would say circumcision has made me 4 times more sensitive.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Since circumcision removes the foreskin, and the foreskin has most of the fine touch receptors on it, how could it possibly not desensitize? There are an estimated 20,000 nerves in the foreskin.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since circumcision removes the foreskin, and the foreskin has most of the fine touch receptors on it, how could it possibly not desensitize? There are an estimated 20,000 nerves in the foreskin.

Because sexual pleasure is registered in the brain. Last I checked circumcision didnt remove brain parts.

S

SirConcis

Most circumcisions don't remove the inner foreksin. It removes the outer shaft skin.

That is why when a cut guy is erect, the scar is visible at least 1" below the head. The skin between the scar and the head is the former inner foreskin.

For someone whose foreksin had never been able to be exposed, the glans is still in "boyhood" stage of sensitivity. But for a male who was able to retract foreskin, his glans would have matured normally and once the glans becomes permanently exposed, the difference in sensitivity is not that big. On the other hand, because you can now stroke it directly, you can produce more intense sensations.

I certaintly don't consider I lost pleasure when I went with a full circumcision.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Because sexual pleasure is registered in the brain. Last I checked circumcision didnt remove brain parts.
Doesn't remove brain parts, but permanently severs connections with the brain like all amputations.
I was circumcised at age 30. I'm now 55 (fuck!). I can happily report that my cock works just fine :eek:)

<snip>

The difference isn't as great as people think.
Riven, you've got to be the poster child for Darkbond's argument. Looking at your dick, I would say you are not being completely forthright.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't speak to whether or not my cut cock is sensitive or not since I was cut as a baby but I know it works fine and when I cum I quiver as the person's (or my) hand is rubbing against the bottom of the glans.

Uncut friends tell me they think they are too sensitive and cum too soon - in their opinion. I'd like to know the opinion of uncut guys here on this one.

Nudesouth

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Let me say that there is no way one can conclude that one is more or less sensitive without owning that persons penis and here is why.

I was cut at birth. Had no clue the difference until one of my friends was uncut but never really crossed my mind until I did research later in life. I bet others have had the same error in judgement but follow me. You see pics or buds nude at the urinal or showers. In both cases your soft and the skin is over the head. You being cut see the uncut guy and assume cut means flaring the head by "cutting" around the shaft to form the ridge making the head. So this is very easy to understand why everyone takes the stance between cut and uncut. Who wants a penis without personality.

You may get a more personal looking penis but if your like me and a lot of others you also get limited sensitivity. During the circumcision the clamp slipped or the doc slipped and all but a bit of my head was severed completely. They patched it up and sent me off saying it will be just fine. For a long time I never knew why my orgasms were off then on or why others seemed to enjoy their "O's" more than I did. My mom finally said something last year about the screw up and though she had told me. So for over 30 years i'm in the dark and think i'm normal.

Little did I know nor will ever know how much I lost. But for a fact had they not said yes because everyone does it I may actually be able to enjoy my next orgasm. Thanks society, thanks mom and dad, thanks to the doctors.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Uh, the brain receives signals from nerve receptors. If you remove 20,000 or so nerve receptors, the analogous parts of the brain never receive any signals.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not even close to being an "amputation". That's not how sexual response is recorded. We've been through this, your logic is flawed.

Don't make us pull out the Webster's again.
We've been through this, and it wasn't pleasant for anyone.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In adults its a preferential choice...its no different than putting a tattoo on there, or piercing your head or putting silicone in it. It's a body modification.

It's a preferential choice, and a body modification. It also removes functional tissues, which have nerve endings. Piercings kill a minimal number of nerves.
A circumcision does not. 20,000. estimated by counting them during autopsies, is not a small number.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have perfect control, about when I want to come.
The sensation is overwhelming, but I come when I choose to, and I have a foreskin.

takeyourmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was circumcised when I was 10. I can say it was more sensitive before because a few months after being circumcised, I remember not being able to stand the feeling when the head of my penis is under the shower. It was very sensitive then but over time i guess it desensitized.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
During the circumcision the clamp slipped or the doc slipped and all but a bit of my head was severed completely.
Nudesouth I'm sorry that happened to you. It looks like they were able to patch it pretty well. But there was no reason to do it in the first place. Can't tell from your side view. I'm sure that does make for worse than usual sensation.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
In adults its a preferential choice...its no different than putting a tattoo on there, or piercing your head or putting silicone in it. It's a body modification.

In adults it is a preferential choice but is is definitely not the same as getting a tattoo or a body piercing. Body piercings and tattoos are strictly cosmetic and do not alter the function of the affected body part. Tattoos can be removed by laser treatment. With the exception of very large diameter piercings (usually in ear lobes) after piercings are permanently removed the hole will heal and close up without significant affect on the body.

The removal or amputation of the foreskin not only involves the permanent loss of erotogenic tissue but also has a significant affect on the mechanics of the act of coitus. Also, the loss of the foreskin externalizes what was meant to be an internal organ. Foreskin restoration can reverse some of the mechanical changes but in this regard it is not 100% and the erogenous nature is lost forever. Also, foreskin restoration is a very difficult process that takes years.

By equating circumcision to getting a tattoo or a body piercing offers a grave disservice to the OP and those that read this thread.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know I have posted this on another thread..don't mean to boor anyone with repetition:

1) I had a long tight foreskin from birth to age 45....had it cut after numerous urethral infections. Urologist told me it was necessary. The frenulum was retained.

2) I lived without any foreskin from age 45 to age 70 and I noticed no real decline in sexual sensation; however, I did not like the feel of fabric against my cockhead.

3) I began to jelque about age 70 and now at age 77, almost everyone thinks I am uncircumcised, since I once again have foreskin.

4) I am extremely happy to have regrown my foreskin. Knowing now that my too tight foreskin could have been stretched rather than cut at age 45 , stretching is the option I wish I had been advised to take!

Last edited:
Reactions: Allan S.