Does flaming promiscuity indicate a guy is gay?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_UNKNOWN321, Aug 12, 2006.

1. B_UNKNOWN321

B_UNKNOWN321 New Member

I saw an interview with Ann Coulter whom I cannot stand but sometimes watch out of curiosity. Though she is loud, obnoxious, opinionated and bombastic sometimes she comes uncomfortably close to truths I believe in to ignore her. But I wonder if she went too far in this interview claiming that flamingly promiscuous men were gay. I know that blatantly promiscuous men often as not are misogynistic i.e. distrusting, fearful and contemptuous of women and their intellect, but gay?? She mentioned that these sexually overdulgent men fear a real relationship with women and therefore by default can only have a meaningful relationship with a man. I suppose she used meaningful as a very full physical and mental relationship. She said it so dogmatically I wonder if she is firm ground stating that. I have known a few mixogynistic men (my father-in-law is one) and I know beyond any reasonable doubt that these men would do anything to degrade women and blame them for all the evils of the world and casual sex is one of their means of controlling them. What do you guys think?

2. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

I think Ann Coulter is a cunt. She lies. She is sexually deprived and probably very tight, so she makes shit like this up to get attention.

Guys who have sex with alot of women are straight male sluts. Guys who have sex with alot of men are gay male sluts. Nothing wrong with either.

End of discussion Ann. Now get the fuck off my TV.

3. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

It sounds like she is describing misanthropists.

Some people can have sex with anyone, but relationships with no one.

4. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Albums:
    I'd do her.

5. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

Go for it. But make sure she leaves feeling bad.

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

You missed IN off the end of your post.

7. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

I'm no fan of the word "c_nt", but in the case of Ms. Coulter it's appropriate. I agree with dcwrestlefan on all counts here.

8. BarebackJack

BarebackJack New Member

Albums:
    Ann Coulter must be wrestling with her own gay issues (either she's a closet dyke or her husband is a closet homo), because suddenly she's on this rampage accusing all sorts of people of being gay, including former pres. Clinton. And honestly there's no logic behind her accusations. Usually when people lash out as she is doing, it is to cover up something in their own life.

Honestly, you just cant trust anything that falls out of that bitch's mouth. There's always an agenda attached. She's like a female Rush Limbaugh, and yes, she does hit CLOSE to some truths. But close is as close as she gets. She's too involved in creating spin for the conservative right wing that she misses the center of the truth by a longshot.

I wouldn't believe much of what she says, frankly.

9. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

Political pundits have only one agenda - to stay important and on TV. If Ann Coulter is getting a few less calls to go on TV shows, she's going to say something spicy enough to get people's attention. It's all about self-promotion.

10. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

'flaming' or blatant promiscuity indicates a guy is gay about as much as it indicates he's straight.

Are you fucking serious listening and acknowledging anything Ann Coulter says as even remotely legitimate?:rolleyes:

:biggrin1:

11. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Ann Coulter has a big cock.

12. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Q:

Does flaming promiscuity indicate a guy is gay?

A:

No, it implies he sleeps around a lot. :rolleyes:

...and I have to say that horribleperson, for one, is gonna be really pissed when he discovers that fucking all those women over the years makes him gay. :tongue:

13. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Brill :biggrin1:

14. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Yeah, I don't even want to begin speculating on the personal issues in that woman's life. Suffice it to say, I had a hard time validating my manager's praise of that woman as intelligent. I know she's book-smart judging on where she attended school (unless payment is good enough at those kinds of places). And yeah, I'd venture that she's smart, knowing how "marketable" her irrationality and illogic are to the conservative right-wing machine. That's all the credit I can give her.

Anyway, yeah, also agreed -- promiscuity is in itself neither gay or straight. Whomever you fuck, if you fuck a lot of it, you're promiscuous. I don't care if you're a man or a woman, or think you're a stud or a fox because of your practices; you're still slutty. (I'll save the gender implications for later discussion.)

"Flaming," though?

I had a talk with one of the fellas at work -- pretty with-it kinda cat altogether -- and it's almost like role modeling. I'm sure they're out there, but you see a lot less of the "regular guy" kinda gay guy than the flamers. Flamers just naturally get more attention. They're vivacious, loud, and saucy. I think that's just as much of a defense mechanism as a personality type. If you're constantly getting fucked with because you like the same gender, you'll let your voice and mannerism do what your fists might not. And who knows, you might really do some damage wearing some heels.

Regular gay guys, closeted or indifferent, dress down and conduct themselves in a polar opposite sort of way. Despite the swing toward heterosexual metrosexuality (whew, say that three times fast), I still think people are too quick to assume that the flamer is all that's out there. Even more ambiguous presentations like Will from Will and Grace still appeal to the kitschy kinda thing. He's a successful lawyer and he's happy in his life, but he still gives off too much interest in Broadway or fashion or home decor or cooking, and he's a little too neatly manicured to be confused for that rescue case in the latest Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Hell, I think you just ask which way the door swings directly, hear your response, and leave it at that. It's all too complicated as is.

15. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I have had thoughts over the years that a few friends overdo the promiscuity thing with women trying to "prove" their 99th percentile.

No solidarity with Ann Coulter though. I agree she just wants to be shocking and is probably covering up something herself.

16. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

Maybe, but I think we're making a mistake if we assume she believes the things she says, or that she cares whether they're true. She's gotten rich being a pundit. She says things to get people talking about her so she stays in the spotlight, and rich.

17. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

kinda like a stopped clock. it's right twice a day.

18. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Regardless of whether her motive for the shit she spews out is self-aggrandizement, monetary gain, or self-righteous right wing bullshit, she is contemptible. Her views never offer solutions but are designed to be provocative by insulting and demeaning others. Even some of my conservative Republican friends deplore her tactics. Dressing up venom in well-turned phrases doesn't mitigate her vileness.

19. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

Why John!

You're eloquence itself today. :cool:

as my mum would say Coulter's nothing but "mutton parading as lamb".

20. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

Indeed. That she may not believe them makes her more so.

Draft saved Draft deleted