Does Having a Big Dick “Make Up” for Other Undesirable Traits?

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A few days ago, at my gym, I received a "left-handed compliment,” i.e., a comment with two meanings, one of which is unflattering. The comment was made by a guy with whom I am only slightly acquainted; I met him at a pool party this past summer, and I occasionally run into him at the gym. The crux of his statement was that he found me sexually desirable, even though he dislikes red hair and typically finds redheads unattractive. Although I do not know him well, he seems friendly, so I believe his remark probably owes to a lack of social grace rather than a deliberate intention to insult me. Although it occurs infrequently, I have received similar comments before. I am fairly thick-skinned about having red hair. Furthermore, I know we all have personal tastes and find some physical traits to be either attractive or unattractive, so such remarks don’t normally hurt my feelings. Whereas I am not aghast that someone actually might feel this way, I am always amazed when people feel perfectly at ease to voice the sentiment, presumably unaware of the insulting aspect of the remark. Also, as a come-on line, offering such a left–handed compliment is not an effective strategy.

Many people are highly attracted to particular physical features, such as a big dick, an athletic physique, or something else. I thought it would be interesting to hear from others who have either experienced left-handed compliments or been in situations where they feel their endowments or some other aspect of their appearance “compensates” for some other trait considered undesirable. Conversely, perhaps some of you have either knowingly or innocently given someone a left-handed compliment or have overlooked something you didn’t like about a man because he was well hung or well built.

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just because one has a big dick does not give one any excuse to be a big dick.
The dick is the frosting, the rest of the guy is the cake. What's the point of frosting with no cake? You get sick of it pretty quickly.

Reactions: ozwestcoastboy

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Okey, you are good looking, but like your question is, I think it's possible. Men with big dicks are somehow more "appreciated" when people see them nude. For example: the nerds with big dicks... When people don't see them nude, they don't think they are hot, but when they see the nerd with a big dick, well there is more appreciation. I already noticed that fact here on lpsg :)
Good question.

Ciao

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
First of all, you're beautiful. Second, I would find what he said incredibly insulting. To me, a big dick never compensates for anything and, in fact, becomes a turn-off if the guy who has it thinks it does. It's all a package deal as far as I'm concerned and it needs to work as a whole.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have red hair. What's the big deal? It's just hair. Maybe a redheaded guy kicked his ass back in pre-school, lol. I'm guilty of having done the same to a guy who reminded me of my brother. I totally ripped on the guy, and then realized it had nothing to do with him at all.

With regerd to your question, I think that being well-equipped can definitely cover up some character flaws...for a while:rolleyes:.

D_Dougie Styall

Experimental Member
Media
I'm a political geek that has been known to spend hours at a time watching C-Span or reading every political blog imaginable. But I fuck like a champ so that's why my fiance s has agreed to still marry me. :)

LargeInLife

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few days ago, at my gym, I received a "left-handed compliment,” i.e., a comment with two meanings, one of which is unflattering. The comment was made by a guy with whom I am only slightly acquainted; I met him at a pool party this past summer, and I occasionally run into him at the gym. The crux of his statement was that he found me sexually desirable, even though he dislikes red hair and typically finds redheads unattractive. Although I do not know him well, he seems friendly, so I believe his remark probably owes to a lack of social grace rather than a deliberate intention to insult me. Although it occurs infrequently, I have received similar comments before. I am fairly thick-skinned about having red hair. Furthermore, I know we all have personal tastes and find some physical traits to be either attractive or unattractive, so such remarks don’t normally hurt my feelings. Whereas I am not aghast that someone actually might feel this way, I am always amazed when people feel perfectly at ease to voice the sentiment, presumably unaware of the insulting aspect of the remark. Also, as a come-on line, offering such a left–handed compliment is not an effective strategy.

Many people are highly attracted to particular physical features, such as a big dick, an athletic physique, or something else. I thought it would be interesting to hear from others who have either experienced left-handed compliments or been in situations where they feel their endowments or some other aspect of their appearance “compensates” for some other trait considered undesirable. Conversely, perhaps some of you have either knowingly or innocently given someone a left-handed compliment or have overlooked something you didn’t like about a man because he was well hung or well built.

I think that trading off an undesirable trait for the benefit of the guy being well endowed will only be common in short run relationships. If its a fling, and the guy has no brain, the girl may let that slide for one night of fun riding the horse cock. But if its something long term, like a marriage, I would say that the benefit of a large cock really only goes so far, if its a small trait that is undesirable like a mole on his back thats ok, but for anything of substance that is a problem for the other person, a big dick will only go so far to cover it.

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope.... a big cock doesn't make up for other shortcomings ( no pun intended ) in my humble opinion. If a guy approached me, and had a 12 inch long cock and was drop dead gorgeous, BUT couldn't hold a conversation without grunting, pointing, or using the word "dude" 5 times in a sentence, it would be a total turnoff, regardless of how attractive physically he may be.
I hooked up with a guy who was handsome, had a good job and a body that wouldn
't quit, and a 9" uncut cock. The sex was good, and we decided to go out for dinner. He had absolutely NO class whatsoever, and treated the waiter like dirt, and was just a general boor. I excused myself, paid the bill, gave a generous tip to the waiter ( he deserved it even without the abuse from my dinner companion ) and left. I suppose he thought he could show off a bit, but it was a total turnoff.
For a hookup, just to get off, it was good. Had we started with dinner first, I'd have missed good sex, but saved an uncomfortable situation. I was embarrased for HIM, and told him so...LOL ! give me a plainer looking, well rounded guy with a more average sized cock any day... THATS what I find attractive, personally.....someone who can throw a football AND throw a fit....LOL !

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can only recall of one left-handed compliment I've received in my life... I met this guy off AOL when I was, like... seventeen years old? When we met for the first time, we got along well and it seemed to be going good until he said, "You know, you'd be really cute if you lost some weight."

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt?

Haven't seen him since. :rolleyes:

Cockmo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Dude. You don't have a thing to worry about. That's why there is chocolate and vanilla. You have a nice bod and cock. Just enjoy it as the ones that find you attractive will!! BTW: My bf has a firecrotch, too!!

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Having a Big Dick can not make up for any undesirable trait some one may have.

I agree with others here, we all are a part of the total package.

Nice face, body, neat attitude, etc., etc.,

Now to be fair, having a fairly big dick is nice for the bearer, i. e. Myself and also during sexual activity with my spouse.

But she did not know of my endowment until our first night together. She was not disappointed, but she did not hook up with me because of a big dick.

I must have did a few other things correctly.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
..a big dick never compensates for anything to me. A big one is nice, looks nice and all, but to be honest it's not tops on my list. It's total package. I have met some guys that were totally obnoxious assholes because they had a big dick. I wouldn't touch that type with a 10 foot pole. Then I have seen guys with average to small dicks, that were so damn beautiful you'd go straight to your knees for them.

Big is impressive but that's not what counts to me.

By the way, I saw a redhead recently who was one of the hottest dudes I'd ever seen. Auburn hair, dark thick eyebrows, a square chiseled jaw and an awesome boxy cleft chin. Total hot stud..