Does lube really inhibit sperm motility and more questions about sperm and conception

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Please do not say ask a doctor.
The answer from the doc was, " come back if your not pregnant in six months"

They have all this stuff on the net about trying to conceive.
These are supposed to be legit websites like, BabyCenter | Homepage - Pregnancy, Baby, Toddler, Kids
They say regular lube kills and inhibits sperm motility.
I was out of the special TTC lube and used Astroglide this morning.
my lover came two times and at least two times last night
He is a young ( 21) healthy Marine.
They also say that if the guy ejaculates often , my lover masturbates 2-3 times a day, that the sperm count can't keep up or something and makes him less fertile .
They also say worrying about conceiving causes infertility.
I am a total size queen.
But now that I'm having all this sex I am sore and I hope I don't have to do this month after month.
I would like to know , especially from older ladies-over 35 if they used lube and conceived just fine or had to use special lube.
Also if anyone knows about the sperm being enough if the guy ejaculates.
often.
I am not sure if I lied about my age when I joined. I always use false info because I want to hide my identity. I am of advanced maternal age.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You'll already be aware that the chances of conceiving after age 35 drops by around half to that when you're 25, and by 40 it's half what it was at 35.

I guess with those odds you wouldn't really want to take risks if there is a chance your lube could affect things. I don't think the frequency of ejaculations really affects things, although I did read that if you want boys you should ejaculate more frequently, and if you want girls store it up for your most fertile times.

At 35 I have no real desire to have another child, although I suspect (for now) that I'd be ok, because my body still tells me very clearly when I'm ovulating.

Digressing somewhat now, but why on earth do 21yr olds not just enjoy being 21 instead of worrying about starting a family. Looking back I really wish I'd waited rather than being pregnant at 20!!

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PS - hope the above didn't sound totally negative. Read an article that said most couples will conceive within 2yrs of trying as long as they have sex regularly throughout the cycle. Around 23% of couples over 35 will not... but that means 77% will.

I do believe anxiety has an effect, how many times do you read about couples who try for years, going through many cycles of IVF and then when they've given up and just start to relax with sex and BANG bun in the oven!

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you are older than 35 - 40 yrs you should consider adopting. Why does your 21 year old Marine lover have to jack off so much?

Last edited:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a woman I understand the desire to carry and deliver a child of your own. Yes, adoption is an option... but it can't compare to giving birth to your biological child.

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You'll already be aware that the chances of conceiving after age 35 drops by around half to that when you're 25, and by 40 it's half what it was at 35.

I guess with those odds you wouldn't really want to take risks if there is a chance your lube could affect things. I don't think the frequency of ejaculations really affects things, although I did read that if you want boys you should ejaculate more frequently, and if you want girls store it up for your most fertile times.

At 35 I have no real desire to have another child, although I suspect (for now) that I'd be ok, because my body still tells me very clearly when I'm ovulating.

Digressing somewhat now, but why on earth do 21yr olds not just enjoy being 21 instead of worrying about starting a family. Looking back I really wish I'd waited rather than being pregnant at 20!!
He isn't going to be pregnant, I am. lol
He is not exactly starting a family. It's a co parenting arrangement.
I am starting a family.
He is providing good genes and health benefits for the baby.

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you are older than 35 - 40 yrs you should consider adopting. Why does your 21 year old Marine lover have to jack off so much?
I would rather adopt but I am not wealthy enough to pay all the fees since they start at $9000 and go up to about $20, 000 or more.
The midwife is $3900.
I have good health benefits If I need interventions.
My lover lives on base an hour away and he is very horny. He spent the night last night and we had sex at least 5 times.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I would think any foreign substance in the birth canal would inhibit fertility. It goes without saying doesn't it?

Tell him to save up for two days and wear loose underwear.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, you have to pay to adopt over there???

I know in the UK people have to jump through hoops to adopt, but I don't think they're charged for the privilege!

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You opened my mottled eyes. Wasn't aware of the 2009 cost of adoptions. In my work I should have. My sister is 24 years younger than I. She was delivered at mom's age of 41. She graduated from the Middlebury College in Vermont with honors, she is gorgeous, rich and single at age 42. (Bottom line turned out alright unlike her older brother). Strike my first post...and good luck BUT you need to work with a reproductive Doc or ob/gyn.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Wow, you have to pay to adopt over there???
We have to pay for everything over here. That's why people go to Korea or China to adopt. It's cheaper or just as cheap to pay out of pocket to stay in a foreign country long enough to complete the paperwork. I think it is on par with fertility treatments. I have no idea of the actual amounts, but I think the two are comparable.

By the way, OP, good idea with the midwife. Saves thousands.

LovelylittleKitten

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We have to pay for everything over here. That's why people go to Korea or China to adopt. It's cheaper or just as cheap to pay out of pocket to stay in a foreign country long enough to complete the paperwork. I think it is on par with fertility treatments. I have no idea of the actual amounts, but I think the two are comparable.

By the way, OP, good idea with the midwife. Saves thousands.
thank goodness she is affordable. I wouldn't have a baby any other way ( if possible). I am aiming for a homebirth.