Does straight "curiousness" actually exist?

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
here's what I think:

there are some guys who are straight & have no interest in sex with men

there are some guys who are primarily straight & have some interest/curiosity about sex with men

after those who are curious have tried it once and continue to do it, then it's no longer a "curiosity", but is something else altogether...

I really like this assessment. A person is not a snowboarder because they tried it once. When they buy all the gear and go to the slopes every week, it is a different story.

This thread is a bit like all those jokes that have the punchline "...but if you suck one dick..." People are both too quick to label one another, and too slow to accept that yes, commonly used labels do apply to various behaviors, even if you don't like it.

xmarksbreakdownx

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What a horrible question to ask... (joking)

I mean... you're going to get some gay people who think all people are secretly gay, and straight people who think that there's no such thing as this... Messy.

IMHO, I'm going to say yes. I think "curious" guys are just that... they try it and like it and become gay or bi, or they stick with being straight.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think we just need to get really clear about what we mean by the terms.

To answer the OP's question, the straightforward answer question is yes. People that identify as heterosexual but have questions or are curious about same-sex experimentation would fit this mold. We don't need to break down what the curiosity is -- probably sexual, maybe emotional or in need of companionship.

I never really understood the term "bi-curious." Are you curious about becoming a bisexual? What if you pursue the attention of the same sex and then decide that it feels best, and that you should exclude the attention of the opposite sex? If you like the same-sex, would fooling around only be possible if someone of the opposite sex were in on it? Yeah, you see how messy this question can become.

Other than that, I agree with posters who say sexuality is part of a continuum. I think members who state their orientation as neither 100% straight or gay are a testament to that. Similarly, members who state their sexuality in more exclusive terms are equally valid; the truth is, some people may never want or have a proclivity to pursue relations with someone other than their specified orientation. Perhaps on the Web (and likely in our experiences here, I would guess), people utilize the fantasy and the anonymity of the Internet to explore alternative sexual relations without letting that have bearing on their sexual identity.

Make of that what you will. If the conflict discourages you, so be it. I just don't think it's our place to judge that -- especially for those who can better appreciate the "journey" it takes to explore sexuality, whether you diversify it or not via your partners of choice.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I find much agreement between my own views on this subject and most of what has already been posted here, but I am in particular agreement with Sykray. I often describe myself as straight, and when I do I am saying that I cannot enjoy emotional intimacy with another man. But I am more than happy to admit that I am definitely bisexual where physical intimacy is concerned. Once again I will say that the biggest source of confusion on this topic is the labels and, especially, people's apparent need to pigeonhole others with those labels. So much better it would be to just explore the continuum with the knowledge that everyone is unique.

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree that sexual identity is on a continuum, but I think a lot of what is considered bicuriousity or repressed homosexuality arises from the blurry lines between love and sexual gratification.

In many cultures there is an "any port in a storm" mentality that reduces the stigma of homosexual contact for sexual gratification. For many people, the desire to "get off" with another human surpasses their typical orientation towards a love relationship (or their perception of gay sex as taboo). Although they may engage in sexual activity with someone of the same sex, they might not typically engage in an emotionally intimate relationship with them.

Human sexuality It's a very complicated and fascinating subject.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
To here some guys on here, you can do pretty much anything with a dude, as long as youre not interested in relationships with them, you're not gay....

I think what it's all about is that some people just don't like the term "gay." I mean, there are even some guys who call themselves "men who have sex with men" -- but they're "not gay!"

I have a friend who travels the world and who claims that "gay" is a very Western concept. In the Middle East, some men have sexual relations that are homosexual -- but the concept of "being" gay or homosexual just doesn't exist.

D

deleted405852

Been there, done that. I'm straight, but I've had anal/oral sex with a guy once. I can look at guys and say "he's good looking, but I'm not attracted to him.", whereas with women I have an actual urge to do things to them. Anyway I experimented once after breaking up with a girlfriend who was lazy in bed. I have no issues jacking off with another dude, but I have next to no intention of having sex with another dude.

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree it can be difficult to attach labels and everyone have agreement. Probably the man who has only had sexual relations with women is straight, if only ever with men gay, but at what point anything changes that may be more difficult to define.

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've wondered about it myself because a lot of people claim that everybody (guys especially) experiment but you really don't hear about many straight guys admitting they experimented. Maybe they'll admit to having jacked off with friends without touching each other but that's not really experimenting, it's just being uninhibited and exhibitionist. Is experimenting really common or is that just a myth?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I cannot enjoy emotional intimacy with another man. But I am more than happy to admit that I am definitely bisexual where physical intimacy is concerned.

I find this sad. Sad, and skewed. This deliberate or mandatory disconnect between psyche and body parts reduces another human being to nothing more than a fleshlight and makes you an animal.

Being an equal opportunity ejaculator does not make you more human. Quite the opposite.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh this is just bullshit. You know what you enjoy. If someone asks my sexual orientation, I'm not afraid to give them the full run down; I have nothing to hide. I tell them that I'm openly gay, and sexually bisexual. I just don't care to date women. And if any of you want to tell me that technically it's "bisexual, but leans more towards men", I could go with that, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd like to see more men on this site say "bisexual but lean more towards women," if that was to be the case, but oh well to that.

If you can say that you've slept with another man, and you have no intentions of doing it again, but you can jack off with one, then news flash, boo boo. Not all gay men engage in intercourse, or care for oral sex; the same with heterosexual couples. What you enjoy sexually with someone is merely preference. And if you can jerk with and to another guy, then you still appreciate the male form, and it's still a homosexual act. And here's how you know if you're fooling yourself. Ask your heterosexual buddies outside of this site if they ever jerk off to or with other guys, and see what they say. Some of you wouldn't dare think about it because you already know the answer. And you could say "well, they just wouldn't understand." And maybe you're right? Maybe they're just more closed-minded, or maybe you're just more open-minded than you care to admit.

I really don't know why we keep posting the same thread with different names and different approaches to the same question. I mean, really the question that's being asked is "is there something wrong with...?" No! You are who you are, and you enjoy what you do- don't take shame in that. For fucks sake- I know it's a straight world, but lets change it. Instead it's like a shitload of nazi's who read and practice the teachings of the torah in private!

So to answer the question of the original poster, does straight curiousness exist? Absolutely! But once you cross that line, and you've explored that curiosity, you are no longer curious. Be a man and suck the dick, I mean, swallow it up. Fuck, I mean Suck it up!

aadale

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a woman, rather than a man, but I suspect when it comes to 'curiousness' women and men aren't so different.

I consider myself to be straight. Sure, I've got the 1% that's not, but in the general scheme of things, I'm straight. I would not seek out sexual contact with my own gender, and in most cases, I would actively avoid it.

At one time in my life, I would have considered myself straight but curious. I knew I liked men, but had no real idea about women because I hadn't tried it. I was curious about whether women would work for me. I tried fucking another woman and it didn't really work for me at all. For me, the presence or absence of a cock matters.

So now I consider myself straight. The 1% is merely to acknowledge the highly unlikely, but still possible chance that I might fuck another woman again at some point. Women don't turn me on or satisfy my desire for cock, but nor do they disgust me sexually.

So I think you can be curious, then go on to be straight. To me, the 'curious' part signifies just that - curiosity. A desire to experiment and discover what works for you. I find it entirely plausible that, as a result of that experimentation, someone would come to the conclusion that they were straight.

I love this its so true, I couldnt put it better myself!

OC_Dallas

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
everyone is curious about dick sizes... everyone secretly wants to know what their best friend, boss, workout partner, etc is working with in their pants... it's not because you want it, or you attracted to them. It's because you wanna know how you compare to them! You can be curious but not attracted.

OC_Dallas

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I find this sad. Sad, and skewed. This deliberate or mandatory disconnect between psyche and body parts reduces another human being to nothing more than a fleshlight and makes you an animal.

Being an equal opportunity ejaculator does not make you more human. Quite the opposite.

I actually agree with silvertip. I've tried dating guys before and there is something that just feels off. I enjoy playing with men but only enjoy dating women and playing with women. I don't know if its a psychological thing or I just haven't me the right guy but that's just how I feel and can't change it!

beavbithick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Imo, what doesn't exist is completely "straight". No one is completely attracted to the opposite sex while being diametrical to their own sex at the same time. It just doesn't make sense.

Sexuality is a slider scale with heterosexuality on one end and homosexuality on the other end. We're all either in the middle or more towards one side, but very rarely completely to one side. And if it is all to one side, it's more plausible that it's to the homosexual side rather than the heterosexual. We have more in common with our own gender, not the opposite gender.

I totally agree with AlphaMale.....there have been studies on this...this is why men in prison have sex with other men...because its all they have and upon returning to society never need to go back.

beavbithick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

This is why this is such a great thread...lol Ive expereinced this a lot because the type of guy im interested in is bi or bi-curious.