Does that make us bad?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Manbap, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Manbap

Manbap Member

My partner was telling me few hours ago about something realy REALY bad happened to one of his family member and that everyone are crossing there fingers to hear some good news. shortly after that we had dinner with few glasses of wine, followed by some very wild sex…does that make us bad persons??

2. No_Strings

Gold Member

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't get the correlation. What was the bad thing that happened?

4. Manbap

Manbap Member

having sex while crossing the fingers :biggrin1:

5. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your question is a reflection of guilt and r e a l l y strong family ties, both perhaps connected to your Italian-catholic influence. As if the bad thing would be somehow lessened by your abstinence from doing someting good:)

The more good thoughts and deeds spring from you, the better the world.
    Enjoy sex, and you celebrate life, and the BAD has less hold.

Cheers! -FinnMan

6. Manbap

Manbap Member

I was going to ask: "does that make us guilty?" but thought that would be somehow heavy in this forum...there you said it!

7. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

No, it makes you wanting him to not dwell on this as much as possible, and drinking & sex just helped.

8. JustAsking

Gold Member

Yes, it reminds me of a New Orleans funeral, where they march with somber music to the burial ceremony and then come away with the most riotous celebratory music they can muster. It becomes an affirmation and celebration of life, and I imagine of the life of the person who died.

I am pretty sure that it is not meant as a denial of the death or an escape from the notion of it.

Even with that, I can't see why escape is a problem either. Sex as a diversion from thinking about someone else's suffering, at least for a little while is not bad in my opinion. Especially, if you have no role in the alleviation of the suffering.

I also agree that this is a vestige of traditional religous guilt. The underlying logic is that one's actions in this situation are more important than one's concern. As if the act of having sex somehow nullifies the person's concern about the object of suffering. In fact there seems to be an association between sex and guilt here.

Suppose instead that upon hearing the bad news, you talked and worried about it for a bit and then had a nice bottle of wine and listened to some good music? Would the OP have the same concern? Or is it the fact that the vehicle for having pleasure in the face of the news of someone else's misfortune was sex?

Draft saved Draft deleted