does the sex stop once you get married?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Maurice Mountlilly, Nov 21, 2010.

1. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

not counting newlyweds..i'm talking 3 years and up.
    does the sex slow down that much?

2. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

it didn't for my wife and I until her late 30's, my early 40's. she was 21 when we got married, and we went 3+ yrs b4 our first child. we had sex 15-18 times a week at that point. my wife's gf lived next door, and was very fond of a stiff cock. she commented that we fucked more than any couple or person she ever knew including herself. after the first baby we resumed a pretty good sex pace. and after our second child, she was 30, and hornier than ever. we were fucking at least once a day for 9- 10 mos, and that resulted in a 3rd child.

we were not the norm. we knew other couples that got married when we did, and we heard "compliants" form either party.

3. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Gosh, I hope not!

Rawdog and his wife have a lot of sex together, and they've been married for longer than 3 years, if I remember correctly. I hope we're like that. :smile:

4. justacynic

justacynic Member

YES.

5. irox19

irox19 New Member

Albums:
    i really hope not once/if i get married.

6. Ed69

Gold Member

Depends on what you consider slow.When my wife and I married she was 19 I was 22 and 4 times a day was normal.20 years later, with 2 kids and work,once a day is about it but we are happy with that

7. justacynic

justacynic Member

I'd say that's pretty f-ing incredible. Congrats.

I'd also say that ain't slow. :)

8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I was reading an interesting piece recently about how couples use sex to bond. In a way, marriage cements that bond, so sex is no longer needed for that purpose and you can revert to the amount of sex required by your natural sex drive. This can be way lower than the bonding drive.

9. sillvert

sillvert Member

We are married 24 years and we still have sex three to four times a week. So getting married, did not kill our sex life.

10. blooeyz

blooeyz New Member

depends on how long you've been married
    There's a statistic out there that says 25% of people are in sexless marriages...

11. musclebare9

Gold Member

Just like the energizer bunny, still going and its been 23 years.

12. hairyversmuscle

hairyversmuscle Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Partner and I slowed down a little bit but I think that would have been the case together or seperate, both got swamped with work, just went on vacation for 9 days and likely did it 14-16 times. We did it daily as soon as we woke up and usually in the afternoon or evening as well. Sometimes its just doing stuff to keep the batteries charged!

13. DavidXL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been married 12 years. We went from once or twice a day to once or twice a month. I had heard of stats like this way back then, couldn't seriously comprehend it, and NEVER thought it would happen to us, since we were very, very sexual. For my 5 or 6 closest male friends, also married with kids and busy with demanding careers, they are in the once or twice a month club as well.

Yes, it is depressing! I'm very envious of the others here who are still doing it with greater regularity. (And if my sex life were better at home, I don't think I'd be wanking with other guys in the sauna and the steam room at the gym, something I never did until the past few years and am hopefully going to stop . . . . )

14. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

When we first met, all we did was have sex. I mean lots and lots and lots of sex. I would say we had some form of sex at least five-six times a day for the first three or four years. It was extreme and very serious. Just thinking back on those days reminds me of how sore I always was.

We have been together for almost 14 years (married half that time) now and still have sex five or six times a week or more. We have our highs and lows too...cycles if you will. But we still have lots of sex. It's better now than it has ever been. I feel really lucky. It might be different if we had children... but they worth less sex, in my opinion. Anyways...

15. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

In my last marriage sex went down (after about a year) from every day to regularly twice a week, every Saturday and Sunday morning, with the occasional before-bed fuck. We did fuck at least every day on holidays in the sun, when we both felt extra-sexy. This lasted over 25 years, and became rather routine - same time, same place, same positions. When we were first married she was happy to let me cum again after a kiss and cuddle, and to do anal, but she stopped these after a year or two.

I'm on my second marriage now, been together 6 years, and we have gone down from fucking every morning and every night to about 5 times a week, but we swing with friends at home or go swinger-clubbing every month, so our sex is far from routine. New wife has a much higher sex drive than the last one ever did, I'm very pleased to say!

16. art

art
    Gold Member

It didn't for me.

17. OPPinSLC

OPPinSLC Member

Albums:
    I agree!

18. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Respect from me David. You seem like a very nice guy to me and shame on women like your wife who take men like you for granted.

Really, looking after each other is a two way street.

#18 Drifterwood, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  19. DavidXL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks, Drifterwood. But, I didn't mean to imply that I blame my wife for this or to suggest that she's purposely withholding. The reasons for why we've gone from a fantastic sex life to one that we both lament as lame are probably both of our faults. And she's had problems with intercourse being painful, which I certainly don't blame her for.

I just made an appointment today to get a vasectomy. I'm hoping this will make spontanaity possible and dramatically improve things.

20. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope your wife and you indulge in many other types of sex besides intercourse! Have fun and bon voyage!

Draft saved Draft deleted