Does this happen?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by scrumpyjack, Aug 28, 2010.

1. scrumpyjack

scrumpyjack Member

One of our illustrious MPs has changed his allegence from straight to homosexual. He has been married for some years.
    Now it was been mooted on this very forum that homsexuals are born not made.
    So.....is this true? ie the hormones relating to homsexuals are with gays from birth. Someone doesn't just turn, they have been that way since birth. True or not true.
    Discuss!

2. D_Conway Titty

D_Conway Titty New Member

I for one feel that one is born that way. Sure, some experiences may help, but I remember far before puberty, all of my playground school friends were girls, I'd rather sit around and gossip before playing sports with the boys. I'd never really saw girls as anything other than friends. I've always been attracted to males after puberty.

I was raised with 2 other brothers, both around the same age as me (im the middle) and we are complete opposites. One is the straightest mechanic you would meet and the other is definately into masculine boy activities. We all grew up the same, raised by my mother, and taught all the same things, but yet I ended up gay, married to a man, and still have almost all female friends.

3. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes, technically it's true. However, many of us bury, hide, try to get rid of, and all other methods of not accepting how we are feeling.

When I look back, I have always been bisexual. However, growing up in a very conservative and religious family/community, I fought any same sex thoughts that came into my head.

It was very confusing also because I wrongly assumed a person was either / or, and I knew that I liked and was attracted to women, so the same sex thoughts had to be wrong.

Went through all sorts of assumptions...it was because I wasn't having enough sex (started having sex with lot's of girls), it was because I was a bad (prayed every night, and ashamed to say, even self mutilated every time I had a erotic thought about a guy, trying to punish myself into not thinking like that). Also thought that once I was married with a family, that I would be so happy, it would go away.

Oh ya, was raped by an older guy when I was 20, so tried blaming it on that for a while also.

It wasn't until the last few years that I finally realized that, this is who I am, and I'm still a good person. Believe me, old habits die hard, and I still have some self loathing that pops up occasionally. But I can honestly tell you that I am the happiest I have ever been.

All the above is an attempt to try and explain how an older guy can "come out" at such a late stage in life. Has he always been? Down deep, yes. He may not have even completely known it, but it was there.

Not everyone is intentionally lying about it. Unless you have been through it, it's difficult to understand how complex it can be.

As a side note, nobody should misunderstand that I think that everyone falls under this umbrella. There are definitely many guys out there that know what and who they are, but choose to lie about it for various reasons. The worst being those that publicly disrespect homosexuals, inbetween taking a cock down their throat or up their ass. Those people get no sympathy from me, whatsoever. :mad:

4. HeBop

HeBop New Member

I am pretty sure I was born gay. I have also always had mainly female friends and was never into sports or anything else that are supposed to be manly interests. When I came out to my mom when I was 21 she said she had known that sinse I was 2.

5. mj21045

mj21045 Member

Albums:
    why would any one "choose" to be reviled, hated, feared, loathed, shunned, beaten, harrassed, and discriminated against by millions of people? just because we "like" sleeping with people of the same sex? please...

Draft saved Draft deleted