"Does this make me look fat?"

headbang8: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1076170991;start=0#17 date=02/13/04 at 21:02:08]I swear there's something about the Y chromosome that destroys the part of the brain responsible for such trick questions as 'Do I look fat in this?'[/quote]

Men: How do you reply to this question?

Women: The correct answer, please.  

hb8

wvalady1968: [quote author=headbang8 link=board=women;num=1076805593;start=0#0 date=02/14/04 at 16:30:53]

Men: How do you reply to this question?

Women: The correct answer, please.  

hb8[/quote]
The correct answer is a question.
"Do I look stupid enough to even START down that road?"

8.5_inch_Canuck: The answer to "Does this make me look fat?"
is "No, you make you look fat"

just kidding, I couldn't resist

SpeedoGuy: When you hear that question, the guillotine is already on its way down. Step lively to another location!

SG

headbang8: [quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=women;num=1076805593;start=0#1 date=02/14/04 at 16:38:31]
The correct answer is a question.
"Do I look stupid enough to even START down that road?"
[/quote]

Looks like everyone's learned that lesson already. Out of over 200 readers, only seven have taken the poll!

hungwildcard: wife, while looking in the mirror: "honey, i look fat, old and pale. give me a compliment to cheer me up"

husband, while not looking up from his book: "well, at least your eyesight's fine"

gicast: I think for most women to ask this question implies they trust their partner enough to give them an honest answer. They are showing a vulnerable side. This doesn't mean that this is your opening for an insult session or let them know 'finally' how awful everything about them you may find them. I personally appreciate a tactful honest answer, while there is still TIME to change into something more flatttering to my figure. (Let's face it- I'm short and more curvy than I used to be, although my brain still thinks I'm skinny)

My husband has, after 10 years, finally started to tell me that something else would look better (when I ask) and I really appreiciate his honesty!!! so my answer was : "actually you look better in the red dress.

shadow: Most women who ask me that question are not fat at all. Some are even rather skinny.

Skinny girl: Does this make me look fat (or, I'm getting fat)
Me: No not at all. You absolutely do not fat.

Most of the time this is satisfactory to the girl who asked me, sometime, they don't believe me :-/

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, I've always found the question kinda lame. My GF is just fine for her height, but she still asks the same question. I reply "Don't ask me that; if you wanna get all technical, I'm slightly underweight." (Slightly. It's made up for when you factor in that I have long legs.)

monster: if i was married and my wife asked me that question i would come up from behind place my huge piece of man meat on her bottom and say huney everytime you get dressed i cant help but want to have sex with you. (well iwas gunna put it differently but im not to sure about the restrictions on this site) anyhow a truth about me is that when i see a woman dressed up there just something about her at that moment that really excites me. to want extent i have no clue????

Donk: Here's a response that was left off of the poll:

"Sure it does. You better stand next to my penis." :)

gushiggins: When in the States, I live with my fiancee and our best friend, another gorgeous lady. One night, as we're all getting ready to go to dinner, my fiancee asks our roommate:

"Hon, does this dress make me look fat?"

The reply, as natural as ever:

"No, babe -- it's the fat that makes you look fat."

. . . and I'm the one that gets in trouble. Why? Because I laughed.

Of course, when my fiancee asks me, it goes along these lines:

"Honey, do I loo--"

"No."

-Z

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
LOL Luckily, I live in California, so we don't get much in the way of winter clothes. Baggy clothes can still make anyone look fat.

ORCABOMBER: Too many thin women I know think they're fat.

So in my experience, no right answer. *sigh*

I hate loose-loose scenarios.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
There really may be NO correct answer to this one!

I believe I would (cleverly?) say something like:
"Honey, if this makes you look fat, then that would mean there's only more of you for me to love and admire. And, you know that I'm with you all the way...no matter what." (kiss, kiss, hug, hug, etc.)

(Then, like every other man still on his feet and able to breathe after saying that--I would then only hope for the best!) ;D

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=jonb link=board=women;num=1076805593;start=0#12 date=02/19/04 at 20:32:45]LOL Luckily, I live in California, so we don't get much in the way of winter clothes. Baggy clothes can still make anyone look fat.[/quote]

This reminds me of what people have no doubt very uncharitably said over here:  "go to California (to a shopping mall for preference) ... and feel thin".  It worked for me, which is saying something.  ;)

Captin_hung: whats the chances that just as im reading this im playing sir mix alot ;D

oh yeah and dont ever reply by saying baby got back

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Captin_hung link=board=women;num=1076805593;start=0#16 date=02/20/04 at 17:39:52]whats the chances that just as im reading this im playing sir mix alot ;D

oh yeah and dont ever reply by saying baby got back[/quote]
Yeah, but the ability to rhyme Honda, Fonda, and anaconda is always a useful skill.

Dport

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to have a lot of TV shows that I couldn't wait to see every week...

I miss Breaking bad and Sons of anarchy. Shoot, I even miss crazy ass Lost. And even tho Weeds went too far off the rails I miss Doug and Andy and Nancy's fine ass.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy