does this mouthy cunt ever shut up

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr Rock, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    Conservative Christian televangelist Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting “intelligent design” and warned them Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck.

“I’d like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don’t turn to God, you just rejected him from your city,” Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, “The 700 Club.”

“And don’t wonder why he hasn’t helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that’s the case, don’t ask for his help because he might not be there,” he said.

In 1998, Robertson warned the city of Orlando, Fla., that it risked hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist bombs after it allowed homosexual organizations to put up rainbow flags in support of sexual diversity.

2. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    seems he's a form of pestilence himself

3. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Haha, my sister sent me this shit last night. God surely must be pissed at all this bullshit being perpetrated in his name. To think one million people listen to this fucktard drone on about what God will and wont do. Like he's his personal fucking courier or something. Hilarious.

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's a shame that so-called Men of God so often get diarrhea of the mouth but that's what comes from the misuse of perceived power and $.

The further shame is that they continue to lead rather than be demoted as other failures have been.

5. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed, but he fancies himself in a much more exalted position than courier – more of a hit man slash divine fart catcher

6. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    He's a truly disgusting, evil man.

7. madame_zora

Gold Member

I think a lot of cunts like him are about to get their comeuppance when their time on the pedestal comes to a close. He, with others like him, will be cast back into the postion of public clowns once these Theo-commies are out of power.

I've been saying all along that poor God is getting a bad rap by the idiots claiming to represent him.

8. Freddie53

Gold Member

Jesus makes it clear in his parables that the false prophets of God would see hell while the prostitutes and "sinners" would see heaven. Of course this was symbolic language as nearly all the parable were, not to be taken literally. It is kinda like when we say Madame Zora was Pissed Off" at one of the posts, we don't mean that she had to go ot the hospital to get cathorized. We mean she was mad beyond being angry. Same with some of the symbolic language that Jesus used.

It will take me some time to get it all together in a outline. But Jesus made it clear his distaste for this kind of thing.

And who put Jesus on the cross, organized false people. No, not the Jews, The Jewish people idolized Jesus. It was a small group that was working with the Roman authorities in the middle of the night. No way would Jesus been arrested in Jerusalem in the daytime. There would have been mass revolt and the Roman and Jewish traitors knew it.

Let me make it clear that Jesus said the Jews were the chosen people because they were the first to recongize God. Jews will be in heaven just like anyone else who wants to be there. All are welcome.

But Pat Roberson is wearing out his welcome to heaven I believe. He may get into heaven eventually, but somewhere he will be cut to size I'm sure. I don't believe God likes people to use his name in vain like Pat Roberson does.

9. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't reject God. I reject anyone who presumes to speak for God, including GOP blowhard Pat Robertson and other self-appointed moralizers.

SG

10. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    If jesus was sent by God to die for our sins, then wasn't he put on the cross by God?

11. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

As a Christian, I'm embarrassed by Pat Robertson.

GBO, in response to your question, God allowed Jesus to be put on the cross. It was all part of the plan--the ultimate sacrifice. He laid down his life for us because He loves us so much that he suffered and died for our sins so that we might be forgiven. God could have stopped things and Jesus could have stopped everything from happening, but they didn't because they knew the end of the story--that death would have no grip on Jesus. That he'd rise from the dead after being in the tomb for three days. That's the whole wonder about it. It's a miracle--it's not to be explained. However, because it did happen, and because I believe it, I am going to heaven.

12. JustAsking

Gold Member

As I said in another thread, when should we ask the fundamentalists when the evolution-based scientists and medical researchers should turn over the keys to the lab to the Creationists? Before or after the bird flu pandemic hits?

I proposed to my Pastor that our denomination should find a new thing to call ourselves instead of "Christians" because the term has been stolen and redefined by fundamentalists to mean something completely wrong and nasty. Its time for a rebranding to something like Jesusians or something.

JustAsking

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

Amen to that.

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

Pat Roberson needs to get a Fred Dryer logging anally and then get a John Rocker logging anally. Then he should be made to lick a Men's restroom stand up urinal at a Dover, Pa. truck stop. Then get sent to Florida, to get an orange and a grapefruit shoved up him by a wicked drag queen in nurse drag. How about that for a God-sent revenge? Only turkeys get stuffed on Thanksgiving. Invisibleman

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

I think I love you.

16. brainzz_n_dong

brainzz_n_dong New Member

I don't know when Robertson's birthday is, but it might be a nice thought to flood his HQ with duct tape. I imagine the people around him wouldn't be at a loss as to what to do with it for too long.

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

March 22, 1930. The guys' long overdue a few birthday gifts.

18. steve319

Gold Member

From today's Borowitz Report:

THEORY OF DUMB DESIGN MAY EXPLAIN PAT ROBERTSON

Televangelist’s Brain, Mouth Elude Other Theories, Experts Say

Out of the controversial debate pitting the theory of evolution against the theory of intelligent design has emerged a new theory, dumb design, which some experts believe may explain the televangelist Pat Robertson.

The theory of dumb design holds that human beings were designed by a superior being, but one who mysteriously designed certain humans in a particularly dumb way.

Enter Rev. Robertson, whom many experts in the theory of dumb design are calling “Exhibit A” in their effort to prove that the theory holds water.

“If you take a look at Pat Robertson’s brain and mouth, and how they work or do not work in concert, you have a fairly persuasive argument that the theory of dumb design is valid,” said Dr. Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota, one of the leading advocates of the dumb design theory.

The theory of dumb design began to gain traction in August, when Rev. Robertson called upon the U.S. to assassinate Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez.

And last week, when Rev. Robertson warned the people of Dover, Pennsylvania, that God would strike them with natural disasters after they removed school board members who favored teaching creationism, the theory of dumb design seemed to achieve critical mass.

But even an adherent of dumb design like Dr. Logsdon warns against putting too much stock in the theory, adding, “No one theory could possibly explain all the things Pat Robertson says.”

Elsewhere, in a troubling new development for the White House, President Bush’s approval rating is now lower than Nicole Ritchie’s weight.

http://www.borowitzreport.com

19. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    hehe. that was actually pretty funny. usually i find andy borowitz works a lot better in the TV medium than text - too many of his online articles just come off sounding like he's trying to be the onion.

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Hey, it's as valid a "theory" as any other! We should start requiring schools to teach it as a POSSIBILITY.

Draft saved Draft deleted