Media
Verification
View

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Seems kind of obvious to me that it was motivated by hate. You are you asking?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Certainly looks that way.

I am curious to know how it would be dealt with as a hate crime. The motive not yet being known we can only assume with the victims that it is racially motivated but it could also be another reason and even could be varied reasons amongst the attackers.

Would it be racial hatred if the primary reason were for example jealousy of the ringleader amongst the attackers.

I think it would be a welcoming change to see a black man convicted on a charge of racial hatred you know just to restore some balance because it must exist on some level. It would be the law working as it should.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think it would be a welcoming change to see a black man convicted on a charge of racial hatred you know just to restore some balance because it must exist on some level. It would be the law working as it should.

Ummmm... it needs to happen because it is a hate crime. Period. To suggest anything else would feed into the ridiculousness that some people have about how this legislation only applied to minorities, gays & lesbians to begin with. There's no need to achieve any sense of racial balance here.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It would be the law working as it should.

That was my only point. It's the first example of this I've seen recently in the media, and a relatively reassuring one, given the community's reaction.

I dated an absolutely gorgeous black girl a few months ago, and while nothing like this occurred, the behavior of some black men towards us was reprehensible. It's inappropriate to make a pass at another man's girlfriend, especially if you're asking her if she wants a "real man" while she's walking hand in hand with me. Luckily she responded that she had one, and that kinda confused the guy in question :tongue:. To be fair, white guys bugged her while we were walking together as well. It just was more subdued and general whooping and such rather than insults directed towards me.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ummmm... it needs to happen because it is a hate crime. Period. To suggest anything else would feed into the ridiculousness that some people have about how this legislation only applied to minorities, gays & lesbians to begin with. There's no need to achieve any sense of racial balance here.

You're of course quite right.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes it is a hate crime, and if she knows who the people were that attacked her boyfriend, why arent these men in jail already

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course it's a hate crime! :mad: Why would you question that? :confused:

I am puzzled by one thing though, I really don't get this kind of racism. Yes, the reaction of the mob was racist. Black guys go out with white girls all the time. You don't see mobs of black girls beating up the white girlfriend.

TruckerTexman and I have yet to encounter any overt racism from whites or blacks. I was a bit surprised seeing how we are in Georgia. Even when I went on the road with him in March I never noticed any prejudiced behavior. However, when I dated white guys in New Jersey we were often cursed at, spit at, given bad tables in diners and generally accosted by white people. :irked: Sometimes black men would give us dirty looks but there was no physical attack.

Last edited: