Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I swear I remembering seeing a photograph of John Lennon and Yoko Ono lying naked in a bed during a "Love In". The photo was in black and white and Lennon's tool was against his leg or something. Does anyone else remember ever seeing that? (Or am I crazy? :tongue:) I am definitely not talking about the Two Virgins album cover (so no need to mention that :wink:).

vectra209

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No you are not mad. I remember seeing it too. I had a feeling it may have been on one of those big posters sold in flip racks you used to get in record shops (in the days of vynal!) Your description is as I remember it .

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quoting bruno from Dancing with the stars. Image go away , Image go away. I don't even think if you take away the Ono part there'd still be a reason to see that. Maybe Apollo Ono and John Lennon. I could probably look at that .

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL Deno you're adorable :biggrin1:.

I literally looked through 45 pages of google images trying to find that photo and came up empty handed :rolleyes:.

shyguyftl

Sexy Member
Media
No, your not imagining it. It was a a Leibovitz photo shoot.

From Wiki-
On December 8, 1980, Leibovitz had a photo shoot with John Lennon for the Rolling Stone magazine, promising him he would make the cover of Rolling Stone.[3] After she had initially tried to get a picture with just Lennon alone (she would recall that, "nobody wanted [Ono] on the cover".[4]), Lennon insisted that both him and Yoko Ono be on the cover. Leibovitz then tried to recreate the kissing scene from the Double Fantasy album cover, a picture that she loved.[4] "What is interesting is she said she'd take her top off and I said, 'Leave everything on' ... not really preconceiving the picture at all. Then he curled up next to her and it was very, very strong. You couldn't help but feel that she was cold and he looked like he was clinging on to her[5]... I shot some test Polaroids first and when I showed them to John and Yoko, John said, 'You've captured our relationship exactly. Promise me it'll be on the cover'. I looked him in the eye and we shook on it." She was the last person to professionally photograph John Lennon - he was shot and killed five hours later.

Attachments

Fanof4skin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks so much! I'll have to check out Amazon to see if I can get any of her photography books.

Poor John Lennon, such a tragic death :frown1:. I was 3.5 months old when he died.

Christiaan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks so much! I'll have to check out Amazon to see if I can get any of her photography books.
Poor John Lennon, such a tragic death :frown1:. I was 3.5 months old when he died.

I believe there was also a record album cover which showed Lennon and Ono starkers, standing side by side against a white back ground. Seeing as how his bits were on full frontal display, there was no question that he still had everything attached that he was born with.

Rndmacts

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Late to answer this - but photo not by Annie Liebowitz, photo was from bed in in Montreal Hotel Room, it is in a book I believe called "Me and John Lennon" its the journal of a high school student who was given exclusive rights to interview John and Yoko. The photo cropped is widely distributed and may be the most famous photo of the couple. Look up the date of the bed in and then check the front page of the Montreal Gazette for the photo you saw.