Does this sound crazy?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Leotols Toy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

K so me and this girl have been friends/more than friends for over 2 years or so now and we've always had a strong romantic connection and amazing chemistry, the kind where even at a party if you two barely speak people pick up a vibe. The thing is people always assume we're dating or ask why don't we and the thing is we both kind of want to explore since we're both young and she got out of a bad long relationship. My reasoning to not dating is because I want to explore my options of women (not be a manwhore) but just have fun and not be tied down. We've both hooked up with other people and yes it bothers us both at times that we do, but we continue and nothing really interferes with how we feel.

She says her reason is the same and that she doesn't want to ruin a good relationship with me if we were to date because she's afraid she'd fuck it up after getting out of that bad relationship. She says dating later when we're both more mature in relationships that we'll be happier. It makes sense to me, but everyone is always like wha? Just wondering if it really is all that crazy

2. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nope. I think that you're both onto something. The fact that you're both unwilling to rush into a relationship before you've worked "things" out of your systems and sorted yourselves out, speaks volumes about how much you value each other and your desire for things to work out between you...when you eventually decide to be in a relationship with each other.

I think that your approach is prudent and mature.
    Good for you!

3. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Ah, thank you. I've been leaning towards that reaction to it all, but at the same time my peers opinions seem to persuade me more than I'd like. We're not really talking right now because I told her doing so would get in the way of talking girls as they'd see me as "taken" and I honestly don't know how it's going to turn out. We talk, but it's more on an acquaintance basis rather than the closeness we use to be. My dad says if it's meant to be she'll come to me or vice versa so I can only hope it all stays the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted