Does Vitamin B100 colour your urine?

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The mosquitoes are really bad in Tenerife at the moment and we have been taking vitamin B100 to combat being bitten. They really do work. We've both noticed though that our urine is really brightly coloured since we started taking them and presumed that this is a side effect.

There is very little about this on Google so we wondered if anyone here knew anything about it. Is this a perfectly normal effect or should we be concerned about it? Is it safe to take these pills daily on a long term basis?

Any advice is most welcome.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The mosquitoes are really bad in Tenerife at the moment and we have been taking vitamin B100 to combat being bitten. They really do work. We've both noticed though that our urine is really brightly coloured since we started taking them and presumed that this is a side effect.

There is very little about this on Google so we wondered if anyone here knew anything about it. Is this a perfectly normal effect or should we be concerned about it? Is it safe to take these pills daily on a long term basis?

Any advice is most welcome.

If you're speaking about a brightly colored almost neon yellow color - stop worrying, it's because of the vitamin B.

I'm a bit concerned though because too much vitamin B is bad for you and can help contribute towards Alzheimers. There is another solution which may make life a little brighter for you though. You could always have some gin - it contains quinine which kills mosquitos, so they won't dear come near you.

Other solutions are to make your "own soap". If you buy pure glycerine soap, you are able to melt it on the lowest temperature setting on your stove, add a couple of drops (about 5) of citronella and/or lemongrass essential oils. Pour into a jug and leave until a skin forms, pour it into your mould and leave to set.

If you use oil burners or candles and find that citronella or lemon grass is too strong, vanilla also helps keep them at bay.

Good luck!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cool, a watersports thread. :cool:

I always get bright yellow urine after taking most any kind of vitamin supplements, and all the packaging states that this is completely normal. Specifically, the packaging for B100 states that: "Taking this product may occasionally result in a darkest yellow colouration of the urine, which is harmless and indicates that the body is using the Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) effectively."

The bright yellow colour is simply the excess content of the dosage (over and above what the body can absorb) being evacuated from one's system.

EDIT: Jeez, I should type faster.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for that. No such warning on the one's we got which is a pity.

PS - Never had you down as a watersports type of guy :wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes any B vitamins will. I take about 5 or 6 B-Complex vitamins everyday. So relax. Its good for you.:smile: A funny thing happened about 16 years ago. I have a very bad stomach virus and drank over a half bottle of Pepto Bismal. I felt much better. I went to the bathroom and got the shock of my life. It turned my Shit purple. I kid you not. I got the shock of my life. Im thinking oh god im going to die. Who can call? Im freakin' the fuck out. I even thought of scooping my shit out of the toilet and putting it in a bag and going to the hospital. I read on the Pepto box a toll free # to call. I call it tell the lady what happend. She said[in a laughing voice] Sir it can change the color of your stool. I said what? Hey lady im talking about my shit and you keep talking about some chair. Im from Jersey shit is shit. A stool is something you stand on. True story. A stool. Please LOL:biggrin1:

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for the advice. When you say too much vitamin B is bad for you can you elaborate please?

A very ambiguous question, so I hope I give you the right answer...please bear in mind that I'm not a doctor...I learnt about this on one of our local talk shows where the host has a professor and doctors on it once a week to discuss different medical issues. :eek:

By too much, I mean taking vitamin B everyday may be too much (depending on how many miligrams)...bear in mind that we also get vitamins and minerals from our diet. Vitamin B ought to be taken every other day(s) especially with the risk of Alzheimers. There is a test thatyou can have in order to see whattype of risk factor you have...please don't ask me for the name of it though, but one's doctor would know. I have vitamin B supplements that are the equivalent of an injection and I take them once a month to every two months for example.

I hope that somehow this helps clarify, even though I am very limited in giving exact names etc.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She said[in a laughing voice] Sir it can change the color of your stool. I said what? Hey lady im talking about my shit and you keep talking about some chair. Im from Jersey shit is shit. A stool is something you stand on. True story. A stool. Please LOL:biggrin1:

That made me laugh so much - Thanks Uncut :notworthy:

Thanks for your reply too biguy2738 :smile:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is another solution which may make life a little brighter for you though. You could always have some gin - it contains quinine which kills mosquitos, so they won't dear come near you.!

The quinine doesn't kill the mosquitoes it kills the parasites they leave in your blood.

It was commonly used in the days of Empire as treatment. It's a common misconception that the Gin contains quinine, it doesn't.

The tonic water contains the quinine. The Gin was used to mask the bitter taste of the tonic. In the early days of empire natural quinine would be dissolved in Gin and the taste masked with Lime or Lemon.

As for it's effectivness, quinine dissolves in water at about 5mg per 100ml and the recommended daily dose of quinine for malaria is 600 mg, three times daily, for up to a week. That's a lot of tonic, or G&T's. With that many, Malaria would be the least of your worries!!

Mine's a double.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That made me laugh so much - Thanks Uncut :notworthy:

Thanks for your reply too biguy2738 :smile:
That is true. As far as vitamins go it is very hard to O.D. and do harm to yourself no matter how much you take. Our bodies take what it needs and gets rid off the rest. Herbs are a different matter. 90% of all the medicine we get from the doctor comes originally from herbs. White Willow becoming Aspirin Etc. So when you take Herbs realize you are playing doctor and be carefull. The only Herbs that can be taken everyday are Onion and Garlic. The only vitamin to be carefull of is Iron. So take your vitamins Davey:smile: :wink: The 90% figure comes from my doctor. I think thats a little high. I wont argue with him.:wink:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Take care with Vitamin A as well, (especially for pregnant women as I believe it's been linked to foetal damage). Vitamin A is fat soluble not water soluble so can stay in the body (in the liver) for over 6 months even a year.

In really high levels it's toxic but at any sensible dosage it's fine. You can probably take as much beta carotene as you like though, even if you may turn orange.

Hope the bugs bite...someone else.:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Take care with Vitamin A as well, (especially for pregnant women as I believe it's been linked to foetal damage). Vitamin A is fat soluble not water soluble so can stay in the body (in the liver) for over 6 months even a year.

In really high levels it's toxic but at any sensible dosage it's fine. You can probably take as much beta carotene as you like though, even if you may turn orange.

Hope the bugs bite...someone else.:smile:
Yes Vitamin A[fishliver oil] should not be taken when pregnant or nursing. I dont think davey is pregnant. He might be nursing.......................A hangover:biggrin1:

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media

So THAT explains Paris Hilton's color sometimes...

About the mosquitoes, the only thing that works reliably is a product containing DEET that you spray on your skin/clothing. All things being equal, the higher the concentration, the longer it works for. It also repels ticks.

Unfortunately, DEET's scent will not help you attract anyone of the opposite sex...or same sex...or from the animal kingdom for that matter.

I've spent many a day/night/weekend in the woods and have tried all the folk remedies/urban legends and none have worked on me. I hadn't heard about the Gin though - might ought to give it a go :smile: