Does vulgar language exist any more?

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Years ago there seemed to be more of a sensitivity to swear words,
but I am not so sure that exists so much today. Are there certain
curse words you refrain from saying because they are vulgar to you?

I never felt comfortable using swear words...but will...depending
if I think it will be more effective ..

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
to answer your question, yes. it all depends on the audience. I refrain from using the word "cunt" no matter how appropriate that word might be at the time. women hate that word. if you are in a bar, and you call a woman a cunt, every woman in the bar instantly hates you, no matter what that woman said or did to you. you lose.

I don't swear all the time. it loses its effect if that's how you talk all the time. and if you talk that way a lot in public, people will label you a dumb ass with poor upbringing.

poizen-ivy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is still a few words that have me cringe. One is Cunt. The sound of the 't' is so harsh. I fiind it highly offensive for a number of reasons and very inappropriate. In bed, at home, with mates, NEVER call a female this or you may loose a nut! :wink:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Years ago there seemed to be more of a sensitivity to swear words,
but I am not so sure that exists so much today. Are there certain
curse words you refrain from saying because they are vulgar to you?

I never felt comfortable using swear words...but will...depending
if I think it will be more effective ..
The same words that were considered vulgar and inappropriate for regular use are still around and they are still vulgar. The problem as I see it, stems from the fact that people have become indifferent to hearing them.

There is still a few words that have me cringe. One is Cunt. The sound of the 't' is so harsh. I fiind it highly offensive for a number of reasons and very inappropriate. In bed, at home, with mates, NEVER call a female this or you may loose a nut! :wink:
Hate the "C" word and am also not fond of MF it makes me cringe.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
The same words that were considered vulgar and inappropriate for regular use are still around and they are still vulgar. The problem as I see it, stems from the fact that people have become indifferent to hearing them.

Hate the "C" word and am also not fond of MF it makes me cringe.

The "c" word should be banned. Nothing is more foul than that (except "motherf!@#@#").

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here in Spain, well Tenerife anyway, I was shocked at first hearing folks talking among themselves. They use the word coño (the nearest equivalent in English is cunt) almost as a term of endearment. I've even heard parents call their kids coño and no-one seems to even notice it.

I never came across this at all in mainland Spain. The mainlanders seem to really look down on the Canary Islanders and hold them on low regard.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Swearing makes it look like you have nothing intelligent to say.

Of course it depends on the environment. When amongst good friends, it's not that bad. But in uncertain company, out in public, swearing makes a person look low class.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
what kind of stupid fucking question is this?!?!? of course it's not in motherfucking use anymore, only cuntish trollops use it, fucking assholes, nojoda cabrones me cago me cago me cago me cago

(I keed, I keed)

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
Here in Spain, well Tenerife anyway, I was shocked at first hearing folks talking among themselves. They use the word coño (the nearest equivalent in English is cunt) almost as a term of endearment. I've even heard parents call their kids coño and no-one seems to even notice it.

I never came across this at all in mainland Spain. The mainlanders seem to really look down on the Canary Islanders and hold them on low regard.

lol, Where I come from, people use conitos to talk to children, it doesn't mean anything, when you think about it. Just like Quebec swears, when they say tabarnac, or calisse, or whatever, they don't think of whatever church related item it used to mean. So I doubt people are actually calling little kids, little cunts where I come from, just little cognos. If that makes any sense.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
It is sad, isn't it? Most people I know do NOT use "cuss" words much. I do know some who that is all they use with a few regular words to string them along. It seems that TV and movies promote the over use of swear words. It is portrayed as the way everyone speaks. It is not neccesary.

I have seen people get up and leave a movie because of the gratuitous use of foul language. These were not Bible-thumping christians either.

I have an uncle who swears alot. He joined the service at 17, traveled the world, etc. My 92 y.o. grandmother was listening to him talk one day. It was "fuck" and "damn" and "shit" almost every other word. She got really tired of his mouth, reached up and smacked him on the mouth and said "I did not teach you to talk that way." He replied, "no, but the world did." She said that she did not appreciate it and that as educated a man as he should know more words than that. We all applauded her. Well, he shut up the ugly talk for the day but soon returned to his ways. He also discarded his southern accent for one that was "more acceptable".

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Oh, and further more....
A friend of mine's son is in college. He had to take some creative writing courses for his degree. I read some of his stuff and the language was horrible in his narratives. Even though the works were excellant, his father scolded him for the language because he was not taught to use that kind of language. His reply to his father was that the professors counted off on the content if the students did NOT use that kind of language because that is how people really talk. The more vulgar the better and the higher the grade was the rule.