Does vulgar language exist any more?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_lrgeggs, Feb 28, 2009.

1. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

Years ago there seemed to be more of a sensitivity to swear words,
    but I am not so sure that exists so much today. Are there certain
    curse words you refrain from saying because they are vulgar to you?

I never felt comfortable using swear words...but will...depending
    if I think it will be more effective ..

2. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

to answer your question, yes. it all depends on the audience. I refrain from using the word "cunt" no matter how appropriate that word might be at the time. women hate that word. if you are in a bar, and you call a woman a cunt, every woman in the bar instantly hates you, no matter what that woman said or did to you. you lose.

I don't swear all the time. it loses its effect if that's how you talk all the time. and if you talk that way a lot in public, people will label you a dumb ass with poor upbringing.

3. poizen-ivy

poizen-ivy New Member

Albums:
    There is still a few words that have me cringe. One is Cunt. The sound of the 't' is so harsh. I fiind it highly offensive for a number of reasons and very inappropriate. In bed, at home, with mates, NEVER call a female this or you may loose a nut! :wink:

4. Principessa

Gold Member

The same words that were considered vulgar and inappropriate for regular use are still around and they are still vulgar. The problem as I see it, stems from the fact that people have become indifferent to hearing them.

Hate the "C" word and am also not fond of MF it makes me cringe.

5. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Even if some American adults have become indifferent to vulgar language, it's despicable to hear it coming out of the mouths of babes.

Hearing children curse is a wake-up call to the environment that surrounds them.

6. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:

The "c" word should be banned. Nothing is more foul than that (except "motherf!@#@#").

7. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Here in Spain, well Tenerife anyway, I was shocked at first hearing folks talking among themselves. They use the word coño (the nearest equivalent in English is cunt) almost as a term of endearment. I've even heard parents call their kids coño and no-one seems to even notice it.

I never came across this at all in mainland Spain. The mainlanders seem to really look down on the Canary Islanders and hold them on low regard.

8. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

Swearing makes it look like you have nothing intelligent to say.

Of course it depends on the environment. When amongst good friends, it's not that bad. But in uncertain company, out in public, swearing makes a person look low class.

9. morsecode

morsecode New Member

what kind of stupid fucking question is this?!?!? of course it's not in motherfucking use anymore, only cuntish trollops use it, fucking assholes, nojoda cabrones me cago me cago me cago me cago

(I keed, I keed)

10. morsecode

morsecode New Member

lol, Where I come from, people use conitos to talk to children, it doesn't mean anything, when you think about it. Just like Quebec swears, when they say tabarnac, or calisse, or whatever, they don't think of whatever church related item it used to mean. So I doubt people are actually calling little kids, little cunts where I come from, just little cognos. If that makes any sense.

11. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The less its used, the more effective it becomes.

12. Uncutsouthernboy

Uncutsouthernboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    It is sad, isn't it? Most people I know do NOT use "cuss" words much. I do know some who that is all they use with a few regular words to string them along. It seems that TV and movies promote the over use of swear words. It is portrayed as the way everyone speaks. It is not neccesary.

I have seen people get up and leave a movie because of the gratuitous use of foul language. These were not Bible-thumping christians either.

I have an uncle who swears alot. He joined the service at 17, traveled the world, etc. My 92 y.o. grandmother was listening to him talk one day. It was "fuck" and "damn" and "shit" almost every other word. She got really tired of his mouth, reached up and smacked him on the mouth and said "I did not teach you to talk that way." He replied, "no, but the world did." She said that she did not appreciate it and that as educated a man as he should know more words than that. We all applauded her. Well, he shut up the ugly talk for the day but soon returned to his ways. He also discarded his southern accent for one that was "more acceptable".

13. Uncutsouthernboy

Uncutsouthernboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Oh, and further more....
    A friend of mine's son is in college. He had to take some creative writing courses for his degree. I read some of his stuff and the language was horrible in his narratives. Even though the works were excellant, his father scolded him for the language because he was not taught to use that kind of language. His reply to his father was that the professors counted off on the content if the students did NOT use that kind of language because that is how people really talk. The more vulgar the better and the higher the grade was the rule.

14. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I'm certainly not a prude but I do hate to hear ( or see ) damm with God's name in front of it.

Just the word "damm" is expression enough in my own opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted