Does wearing tight jeans make a guy look gay?

poetryman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think tight jeans makes aperson appear gay but it will get looks from us gay guys. I'm sure it will get looks from many of the ladies as well. I think it takes a secure person to wear tight anything.

Mikeintightpants

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for your thoughts on this everybody. This subject sometimes comes up in conversation when I'm in my tightest and - inevitably - there is never a consensus of opinion, but it's always good to hear other peoples views.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No
It's becoming quite fashionable in the UK
My wife loves my tight jeans ;)

Oh thank the stars that the baggy pants fad is fading somewhere in the world. There's hope yet. I remember the 70s when everyone wore fitted jeans. You could see everyone's bulges. Then, here in the States anyway, it seemed like gradually in the early 90s men started to wear those darn baggy jeans that have the crotch that goes down to the knees, showing the boxers (or long gym shorts) sometimes. It's seemed like all men were afraid to show off whatever they had.

Now, here in the San Francisco Bay Area, the young straight men, in general, still sport the baggy jeans. Even most of the young gay men are still wearing the baggy jeans. There are some, mostly gay men admittedly, who are starting to wear jeans that fit and actually stay up around the waist. (OK so you can tell that I think that baggy pants look ridiculous.:wink: )

I long for the day where guys wear jeans that stay attached to the waist...

cumvampire90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's a big fad with people my age to wear tight jeans are "girl jeans"....kinda of the emo culture but spread to be more trendy...girls seem to love it...its weird because now couples look unisex to me

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually, the gayest jeans in the world, and please back me up here guys, are "whisker" jeans and the ones which look like they've been bleached down the front of front of the legs. please see the "metrosexual" episode of south park for clarification.

whenever i see a guy in these i immediately think, "work it miss thang!"

blm

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well fitting jeans are the nicest to look at, straight cut, your typical bog standard jean - drainpipe jeans make your arse look fat and your legs look like pipe cleaners, then at the bottom there's your massive feet contrasting against your skinny legs - ick

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember my horror when (in my 80s/90s glam rock stage) it was pointed out to me that my stretch jeans left me for all intents and purposes naked! And no, my arse didn't look big 'cos I really, really didn't have one! You may have a point about the feet though ;) Now its straight cut 501s for me :)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't meaning you in particular, I meant all people in drain pipe jeans women included, there was an old British comedian (I use the term loosely) called Max Wall and they always remind me of him, he used to do this funny walk with his bum stuck out while wearing short tight fitting trousers or leggings.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasn't meaning you in particular, I meant all people in drain pipe jeans women included, there was an old British comedian (I use the term loosely) called Max Wall and they always remind me of him, he used to do this funny walk with his bum stuck out while wearing short tight fitting trousers or leggings.

lol - I wasn't taking it as a personal commentry on my arse (although you are always welcome to make one ;) ) And the Max Wall image you've dug up in my head will haunt me tonight!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
actually, the gayest jeans in the world, and please back me up here guys, are "whisker" jeans and the ones which look like they've been bleached down the front of front of the legs. please see the "metrosexual" episode of south park for clarification.

I'm politely disagreeing with you on this one. It's a matter of definition. Whiskering a pair of jeans is a much more subtle effect than bleaching a good portion of the legs. In either case, they're just accent pieces designed to have something distinctive stand out on what would otherwise be a piece of denim. I don't care how awesome or high-quailty the denim may be. You need to rough it up a bit to really stand out.

Now, if you pair those jeans up with the obligatory pink button down, popped up collar, tight tee, gradiated shade sunglasses, spiked hair, highlights, too much fuckin' costume jewelry. Okay, you gotch'yerself some homo-ness.

Take a moment to consider just how many retailers of jeans are doing stuff like this to their denims. Other than maybe a classic brand like Levi Strauss or Jordache, denim is getting beat up all around the board because (most people) get the aesthetic value and interest in wearing something like this. Girls like their boys to look good. (So would other boys in a romantic context, sure.)

Personally, I'd like to see the ridiculously huge A&F / Hollister / shredded-up jeans fad die a hard and swift death...

501's are tight? I like wearing tight jeans, it's the fashion now. Like was posted befor it started out emo and has trickled down from there. Lot's of guys my age wear tight jeans...meaning tighter than 501's. Plus it's funny to watch girls when they're spying your bulge. Yes even lowrise hiphugger jeans on men are not "gay" anymore.

cazz669

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Come to the UK tight jeans are currently VERY in. Part of the whole Indie and emo look. Clearly not gay since a big % of my age bracket wear them and well they aint all gay