Does wearing tight jeans make a guy look gay?

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Cowboy Josh - you stole the comment I intended to make! Go to any real country and western event and the guy's Wranglers are usually so tight that it is a wonder they can sit down! Gals, too. I've heard many gals complain that guys wear their jeans too baggy and, to them, it is just wrong!
If you are hanging out in any gay mecca you are likely to see very few guys in really tight jeans. Guys who do wear them are usually subjected to being snubbed by the "with it" guys.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah its much better to wear jeans so baggy you can see your ass crack and your nasty brown stained underwear like you are some reject for the "hood" LOL. And what is the deal with guys at the gym who wear their gym shorts halfway down their ass crack? They look like retards. How do you work out like that?

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jeans that are more formfitting are coming back in style.
Women want men to wear jeans that show off their ass.
Young men are starting to wear tighter jeans.

Diesel & Quicksilver look good on me. They are tight but not "skinny jeans". They just fit well in the ass and hold my package well. It makes me feel manly to wear a good pair of jeans, not gay. I don't think it makes men look gay.

Jake

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not sure. What does "looking gay" look like?
There are definite clothing trends among self-identifying homosexuals. Or perhaps more accurately, definite trends commonly associated more with homo- than hetero-sexual men. These may be fairly universal or vary geographically; some (not all) are conscious 'signals' for other gay men.
And, it brings up the question, is there something wrong or bad or undesirable about looking gay? I think a lot of people think so.
There is if your intent is not to look gay.
I think a man wearing tight jeans looks confident. Is that gay?
It is not gay of you to think that, no.

I think a man in tight jeans looks insecure about himself and/or thinks overly highly of his penis and it's role in his relationships. Who's to say?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the question is whether it makes someone LOOK like they might be gay; clearly, that is one of the initial impressions that tight jeans create these days ... similarly, spandex on a guy, say in his early thirties or twenties ... not so much on an older silver-haired gentleman, who is operating under the earlier aesthetic ... when was it, 70's? 80's? when that would have been mainstream gym attire?

I would really question someone's motivation to advertise their nether regions, given the predominant style

OK look... I'm 38 and I do have some gray hair but I'm not old or silver-haired either. And yes, I'm gay. That being said...

I'm from the Suburban Midwest and I wear my wranglers so they fit comfortably. I have always had a large ass even when I had a 32" waist so I've always needed the relaxed fit. What I love about my wranglers is that they are cheap, durable, and they fit fantastically. I don't wear them tight, I don't wear them loose, I wear them just right.

They are comfortable and meant to be comfortable and sensible attire. So, there is a middle ground to all of this. Wearing jeans that fit makes you a sensible and no nonsense man (and maybe in your thirties and forties these days...). In the mid-eighties (Reagan... ugh!) we wore jeans that fit. The 70s were about the tight jeans. I guess guys from the suburbs and most of the Midwest wore jeans that fit then and still do. It's usually the inner-city youth that wear the stupid-looking baggy jeans that make you look like your mama never taught you how to shop for clothes.

I think that certain fitted designer high-end tight jeans that cost more than $40 here in the USA make you look queer... That's my opinion as a sensible Midwesterner...

Those baggy jeans make you look like you don't know how to dress yourself and that you should be in a place where they help you tie your shoes.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Good points by all, funny thing is i seen this rugged guy last week in tight jeans, dark blue to be exact, nice thick legs great confident butch swagger, absolute dream, however seen a guy in tight WHITE jeans,big buckle belt and a tight lycra T-shirt and he was mincing down the street, i personaly wear tightish jeans as i have a fit arse lol,
seriously though i don't think its the tightness of the trouser/jeans but it's how you wear and present yourself in them:bad:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So does wearing baggy pants make you look...straight?

I guess nicely fitted slacks would make you look...bi?

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Jeans that fit on a guy can look good on most guys, but baggy jeans that hang3 inches below your waist look fucking stupid, especially if you're financially stable and white.

Go with the safer option.

Filss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow you're still wearing baggy jeans in the US?? Here in France, where fashion rules our lifes, it's IMPOSSIBLE to wear baggy if you're not a young 50cent wannabe, and now, thanks to Pete Doherty, guys à la mode wear what we call slim jeans, and those make you look gay for sure.
I don't know what is tight jeans for you, do you mean well fitted 501 like you see on cowbows? Those are über masculine!
Sorry for the bad english

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Wow you're still wearing baggy jeans in the US??

lol Most of the people that wear baggy jeans are snow-white kids that try as hard as they can to be some horrible, stereotypical black guy. It's an insult to both races, in my opinion.

To re-iterate: wear jeans that FIT, and you'll be fine. There's no need for extremes.

Gay Joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do not think wearing tight jeans make you look gay but it sure makes gay men look.

I am a GAY man and I do wear tight jeans. I like to watch mens eyes look at my package and you would be surprised at the so called straight men that look and even stare.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Gays are usually a decade or so ahead of the fashion curve compared to straight men, so whatever looks gay today will be mainstream in 10 years or so.

And take note: We queers NEVER adopted that idiotic "pants halfway down your ass" look. There's a reason for that; we don't like walking around looking like there's a huge load in our trousers in back.

;-)

D

deleted257218

Only people i've ever seen wear tight jeans are gays and emos, although it doesn't necesarily make you gay it'l make people think you are, the power of peer pressure >.>

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gays are usually a decade or so ahead of the fashion curve compared to straight men, so whatever looks gay today will be mainstream in 10 years or so.

And take note: We queers NEVER adopted that idiotic "pants halfway down your ass" look. There's a reason for that; we don't like walking around looking like there's a huge load in our trousers in back.

;-)

LMAO