Does your faith limit you sexually?

D

deleted3782

As Quakers believe there is that of God in every person, and as such every person is equal, then I should be open to every person on the planet as a possible sex partner...then my faith would make me the greatest slut on LPSG. :rolleyes:

Whodathunkit?

As Quakers believe there is that of God in every person, and as such every person is equal, then I should be open to every person on the planet as a possible sex partner...then my faith would make me the greatest slut on LPSG. :rolleyes:

Whodathunkit?

Many Quakers I have met try to live up to this ideal.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I clash enough with my church by being gay....and drinking, and swearing, and probably a shit load of other stuff. I'm southern baptist, and a pseudo-fundie. I believe that for the most part the bible should be taken at it's word, but that there are things the fanatic fundies have taken too far...like I think genesis is like the hebrew asop's fables, the levitical laws were meant to help the isrealites rebuild and prosper after leaving egypt and were not meant to be applied to todays lifestyles, even the most fundimental women would have a fit if they could no longer wear clothes made of two different materials ;-)

all that to say, my only religious-based line is being promiscuous, it's neither physically healthy but psychologically (read spiritually if you want) as well.

You certainly need to look again at scholarship if you think the Bible should be "taken at its word." No respectable scholar understands the Bible this way. It's a collection of stories that may have meaning but should NOT be taken literally.

Anyway, allowing some book written 2000 years ago to dictate your sexuality is absurd. It only leads to misery.

"A high moral tone is hardly conducive to one's health or one's happiness..."

I wish this strange American fundamentalist atittude would disappear. It causes harm ( and I'm an American, raised in a conservative southern Christian church).