Does your personality match your looks?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From my looks, people think I'm more serious than I really am. They also assume I'm a hard-ass with no feelings. I'd like to think I have integrity and am responsible which matches my appearance. Also, because I am tall and in good shape, I try to set high standards for my conduct because people will always looks for reasons to cut someone down. I don't want them to be able to say, "yeah, he's in great shape, but he's a jerk!"

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm generally a very easy going fella, southern values and accent. I like to make people smile. :)

You also make 'em rock hard... but that's a different discussion altogether. :biggrin1:

I dunno about me. Does my picture scream Video Game lovin', Japanese Anime Watchin', Beer drinkin', Techno Dancin' Liberal? Sarcastic forum bitch? Stella?? I'll let other people decide that. :confused:

Earl...what an interesting question. I have no idea! You would have to ask the people at LPSG who have met me!

nudeyorker's pretty striking. He's tall, thin, and blond. He's also graceful and poised. You notice him when he enters a room. He says he, "...makes the world's worst first impression," but that's not true. He is more reserved than his appearance would suggest, which combined with his elegance, can lead one to believe he's a bit aloof. I do believe, however, that he does look like his personality and that's a good thing.

I told you I didn't think there was much disparity. But I also told you I'd have to ask my friends so thanks for that. :tongue:

Nick8 definitely looks like his personality. He was pretty much as I imagined when I met him so no surprises there however he's a slightly more flamboyant than his wardrobe which definitely leans to the preppy.

I don't think I look like my personality at all. I should have more hair, be about 50 lbs. lighter, have straighter teeth, and have a bigger unit. Fortunately I can work on all of those and am doing so.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think my appearance and personality match at all. I would love to be a lot more outrageous and extrovert but my physical looks keep me from being that way. I just dont feel cofortable approaching people as i am

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I don't think my looks match my personality at all. Because I'm quite muscular and have a buzz cut, people will frequently assume I am in (or was in) the military. Having a somewhat chiseled face probably adds to the effect.

But in reality I think I'd make just about the world's worst military man. I don't automatically defer to authority figures, tend to be a conflict-avoider, and my tough-guy appearance really masks my inner marshmallow. :smile:

Steve

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I have been told that at first people are intimidated around me, but once they get to know me, my personality matches what I look like.

btw, Numbahs personality matches his exterior perfectly...sweet and innocent (not to leave out hot as well)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This may sound like I'm a conceited fuck but I feel sometimes that physically I'm more attractive than I think I am inside. I personally don't think I am very attractive but many people find me handsome which always makes me suspicious when people pay my looks compliments. And many times it is hard to tell if people are genuinely friendly or if they are just angling to have sex with me - and in the gay world it's mostly the latter. I feel uncomfortable when people flirt with me in public and often don't quite know how to react. I usually try to avoid those situations by escaping them because they are uncomfortable and it frequently makes me look stuck up or aloof when in fact it's more about my shyness.

I'm still at heart pretty geeky and awkward inside which my looks don't really tell. People, also when they meet me never think that I'm gay as I'm pretty thick boned, hairy and not a fashion plate - not the stereotype of a gay person straight people are used to. When I do tell them I am they usually think I'm joking them. So no, there is a disconnect between my looks and my personality in many respects that has caused me some difficulty as most people judge a book by it's cover without reading the pages. It has cause me some pain in my life which is probably why I started this thread.

D_Theophallus Kneedgroin

Account Disabled
Media
I have been told that at first people are intimidated around me, but once they get to know me, my personality matches what I look like.

btw, Numbahs personality matches his exterior perfectly...sweet and innocent (not to leave out hot as well)

awwww, thanks love. (I like when you post for me, saves me time :biggrin1: )

This may sound like I'm a conceited fuck but I feel sometimes that physically I'm more attractive than I think I am inside. I personally don't think I am very attractive but many people find me handsome which always makes me suspicious when people pay my looks compliments. And many times it is hard to tell if people are genuinely friendly or if they are just angling to have sex with me - and in the gay world it's mostly the latter. I feel uncomfortable when people flirt with me in public and often don't quite know how to react. I usually try to avoid those situations by escaping them because they are uncomfortable and it frequently makes me look stuck up or aloof when in fact it's more about my shyness.

I've felt this exact same way.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't even know how to answer this question honestly. I'm pretty outgoing and honest. I'm a loyal friend and have very New England values. I'm no liar or cheater and try to live the Golden Rule.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a very laid-back, somewhat shy dude...very hard to get to know...

I'm also sorta handsome...people stare a lot, and I usually react by trying to ignore them...

and for some reason, people always ask me if I have a twin...weird...

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't even know how to answer this question honestly. I'm pretty outgoing and honest. I'm a loyal friend and have very New England values. I'm no liar or cheater and try to live the Golden Rule.

Hells is tall and adorable and wickedly funny (in both the real and the New England senses) with a very infectious laugh and he is a very good kisser. Rumor started? Nuff said. :biggrin1:

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hells is tall and adorable and wickedly funny (in both the real and the New England senses) with a very infectious laugh and he is a very good kisser. Rumor started? Nuff said. :biggrin1:

Dude you are a str8 up downright guy! Honest, fun, witty and the perfect host. An all around catch of the day...and a great kisser!