Does Your Taste get YOUNGER as you get OLDER?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_theOtherJJ, Jun 9, 2009.

1. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

As a patron of online dating and hookup sites (AOL, Adam4Adam, CL etc) Ive noticed that older people RARELY are looking for people their own age. Most often, they seek "younger" and stress they only want "hot". Is it my imagination, or is this some mid-life crisis thing like buying a sporty red convertible when you become a senior citizen ????

Personally, I dont have an age requirement BUT prefer people my own age as I would think our life experience would be more compatible. Of course, young and hot is great to look at and fun to play with, but even if i got one of those, how long could i keep it ????

Is it a symbol of aging to want to hookup with "younger" or is it simply an "EGO" thing ? What is YOUR preference? (people close to your age, or ones much different in age, either older or younger and WHY?). :confused::confused::confused:

2. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

No. To my surprise I've begun to find older guys more attractive.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

With my ex, he did it out of ego. He found two younger men and they dumped him like he did me. :smile:

I don't care about age more than I do a man's word. If any man breaks his word...I don't bother with him. If men aren't into me because of my age or anything else...I am cool with that. Men shouldn't get nasty with me over it though. Gay men sometimes forget that the clock ticks for everyone.

4. lickme69

lickme69 New Member

I think it depends on the person and their age. If you are in ur 50's or 60's, sure they are probably looking for younger.
    Personally, I have always preferred men older than me. Not too much older, but older. They are more experienced.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
  6. crescendo69

Gold Member

Many older guys "let themselves go", but I can dig an in-shape guy no matter the age. And of course, this applies to younger guys as well. And of course, the personality factor is also important; nobody wants a liar, moocher, abusive, or unaffectionate partner, unless they are into masochism.

Oh, and they'd better be well hu..

Just kidding:biggrin1:

7. Caelestis

Caelestis New Member

Albums:
    I actually find such an attitude a bit creepy. Say, if at 20 you like 17 year olds, at 30 are you a paedophile? Yes, I know that's not what you meant. It's a point though.

I do think it's an ego thing largely, and that we're attracted to what we're shown by the TV, magazines etc. If I'm 50 and chasing 20 year olds, I hope someone kills me.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I've always been attracted to guys older than me. I don't find the "twink" or anyone barely legal attractive enough to pursue at all. However, lately I have seen some who have been slightly younger than me (around 25 and up) that I've just wanted to pounce on ESPECIALLY at work.

My slut-dar is starting to expand a bit, I suppose... :biggrin:

9. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

YES.

For me it worked like this.

Teens and 20s-my age or older. It was not like I was going to be doing ten year olds.

Once I turned 30, I went younger (19-23 was my preference then) and never went back to my age or older. Not only did I "get one of those" but I stayed married to him for ten years.

After my divorce, I picked up right where I left off dating/hooking up with younger men and now find that men in their mid-20s are the ones who suit me best.

I certainly wasn't going through a mid-life crisis at 30 and don't care if I'm going through one now at 43. It works for me and the men I am with.

I am extremely active and fit and need a guy who can keep up with me in bed and out....and I am just not attracted to men my own age or older.

Do I have to defend/explain my preference often? Yep! Do I give a shit? NO!

10. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

I might agree with you in part about "letting themselves go" however I have seen several younger people that were "messes" as well. As a society we always tend to notice the "beautiful people", those in shape, well groomed "hotties" that most lust and fantasize over.

but in the final analysis, isnt it all about CHEMISTRY, no matter what the ages of the participants are? It always amuses me on personal websites when people list "age limits". How do they arrive at a cut-off point of 33?
    Will a the perfect person of age 34 be off-limits to them? That seems ludicrous... The Human mind is a mysterious thing. :confused::confused: And a side note Crescendo, its OK to say you PREFER "hung" without being kidding about it. I prefer hung myself, but seldom find it, and always manage to find the good points about my "bird in the hand"....

11. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Personally I am sooooooo not into twinks. I like guys my own age or thereabouts that are in shape and trying to keep it. Nothing worse than letting yourself go at any age. I don't want the main topic on a date to be Miley Cyrus or gay bar banter. not that that's all that younger guys talk about but I'm more at ease w/folks about my age.

Draft saved Draft deleted