Does your tattoo come with a story?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by earllogjam, Feb 6, 2012.

1. earllogjam

Gold Member

How did you come to have the tattoo(s) you have now? Personal reason why you chose the one you did and where it is on your body?

Any regrets or things you would have done differently?

Future tattoos you are thinking of getting?

2. trunksisba

trunksisba New Member

Albums:
    I have a tattoo on my wrist, actually have a picture of it on here. It's the date of my kidney transplant. In the future I would like to get a tattoo under it of something representing strength, not sure what yet though.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have no regrets about mine. The first one on my lower back was the result of a drunken night in Palm Springs. They are (four) all tribal because I wanted to stick with a theme that I would not tire of.
    The only one that I gave a great deal of thought to was the one on my abdomen. I made a firm commitment to myself I would never let myself get out of shape or it would grow into something that looked like a basketball. I don't know if I want any more or not. I still live by the rule all piercing and ink must not be visible while wearing business attire.

4. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

The one on my forearm (a golden horseshoe) is in memory of my father. He was from TX.

The arabic writing on the back of my neck is for my mom.

#4 D_Rufus_D_Dufus, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  5. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll bet most tats have a story, unless one was too inebriated to remember where they came from, as in the 'Margaritaville' song?

6. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some do, most don't.

The massive one on my chest is pretty much a sign of when I decided to take control of my life and that I will not compromise my goals, livelihood or anything else that's important to me.

The others are mostly there for show. They might have some meaning behind them (like my black panther on my arm), but they're largely because I wanted something that looked cool/awesome/etc, or to cover up some scars.

As far as future tattoos go, I'm looking to have half sleeves and a full back piece. Just need to find exactly what I want.

#6 Remington, Feb 6, 2012
  7. trunksisba

trunksisba New Member

Albums:
    You are so cool Remingting lol :). i love it

8. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    The scars have stories, and you are hiding them, whichis a potential story right there. But you write your own history. Maybe someday you will make a story to tell about a tattoo, like old sailors are said to do, just to have a tale.

Or then again, it may be cooler not to.

9. Remington

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I should have specified, the scars I cover are from when I had bad acne as a teen. Not that interesting, nor appealing.

The others (gunshots, cuts, and a few burns) aren't covered and I don't plan for them to be. They make interesting conversation pieces.

#9 Remington, Feb 6, 2012
  10. Fade

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Any tattoos I get will be able to be hidden by professional clothing. So. That's a bit of a restriction, but not much.

Currently my only tattoo is based off of one that a character in a book has. The character is a courtesan and masochist among other things. I got it done on my back, along my spine and spreading across my shoulder blades a bit. It was a bit of a self-reminder/affirmation to be true to my inner nature as well as embracing my "darker" side. Also, as when I came out kinky to people whose opinion I cared about :tongue: There's a public photo of it in my gallery

I'm planning to get a particular date tattooed on the nape of my neck. Yes, there's meaning behind that and no I won't go into it publicly. :rolleyes: I also intend to get a series of Alice in Wonderland characters done on my left side/rib cage in a macabre style (Think American McGee's Alice/the Wonderland comic series by Zenescope). I've also considered getting a D10 (I haven't decided for sure on exactly which polyhedral die done but it won't be a D20) and I'm not positive where on my body it will be yet either. :biggrin1:

11. trunksisba

trunksisba New Member

Albums:
    Such a sexy dork

12. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a buddhist and all of my tattoos are Tibetan Iconography. My Buddhist teacher said I was taking the tattoo path to enlightenment. My next tattoo will be of the Green Tara on my left forearm. FWIW, all my tattoos are visible if I'm wearing short sleeved shirts. I like for people to see them as I think they are very special and always make for good conversation with strangers.

Attached Files:

13. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Was never keen on 'disfiguring the body' with tatts, till i grew up a little (mid 20s- late everything) and realized, those who get them, its usually for a reason
    Respected tatted up folk since, females wi Tatts intriuge me, for some reason.
    The one that got away from me, i.e. never got it done, and sort of regret it, was going to be ...

a white horse, in a field, casually glancing up, perfect muscular healthy body ha, to the point of a few veins showing .. had a reason for that.
    Would have had to commission an animal lover / Tatt artist for that i geuss...?
    Think i may well have loved relating the story as to why, to any person who saw it and asked...... ha

14. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some like tattoo's some don't, I would be one that doesn't. My dad and brothers got them but they aren't for me. That's not to say that I haven't seen some cool ones on people.
    Maybe the reality is I have no stories or moments in my life that I want to immortalize with a tattoo.

15. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't have a tattoo, but if I did - it would definitely have a story behind it. I've thought about getting a tattoo, but I always scare myself out of it. I worry that I'll grow to hate it. I'd have a small lightning-bolt on my chest, or something. :tongue:

16. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have a band of sorts around my right bicep. It has thorns, and my oldests name is on top, my youngests name below it.

I got it done as I was going through my divorce at the time (hence the thorns), and they were the only thing holding me together

I designed it myself, adding thorns to the letters, which were fashioned in a "warrior" type design.

Regret? I wish I would have worn a Tshirt when he was positioning it. Now when I wear one, it completely covers my oldests name. She says I have to get the same thing on my left arm, with her name on the bottom, lol

17. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mine is of my own design. It's a celtic weave attached to the element pentacle at center, the weave the thread of life, the pentacle contains what life is made up of. Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Spirit.

Positioning... it's a sensitive and sensuous place on the human body which lays about half way, it's in a personal place. I had help from my partner in postioning, she was thinking sexy, I was thinking personal. :)

By the way, my first and last. I wanted one that says most about me, and I think it does.

#17 vibrationzzz, Feb 6, 2012
  18. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Men's initials (someone thought they were numbers across the table :wink:). My tribal affiliation on my forearm. A teardrop for my brother (covered majority of the time). I want to get my oldest nephew and niece's baby portrait on each shoulder. My first little loves. :smile:

19. LargeSide

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been toying with the idea of getting one. Just a small one, that would be hidden most of the time. I'm leaning towards getting my astrological sign on the right side of my chest, or my last initial in the same place. The biggest thing turning me off of getting one is my huge fear of needles, that I'm working on getting over.

20. Fade

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I will say my tattoo didn't really hurt, and it's not exactly a small one. I thought for sure that it would be painful, since it's along my spine and partially across my shoulder blades. More than anything else it just felt like something very hot/too warm was pressing against my skin. YMMV however, especially since my perception of pain is usually a bit different than a lot of peoples :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted