'Dog' Chapman sorry for using N-word

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You can't simply say that because you don't feel bad that other people don't though and that it doesn't sting a little bit more. I see that as just being insensitive.

It is like neglecting the mistreatment of women and minorities. Saying that a woman treated badly because she is a woman is just as bad as a man simply being mistreated period sounds preposterous to me.

The only way the model your perpetuate could be perfected is if the racial slurs or sexist terms were completely removed totally. Only then would be a model of "equality". The word "nigger" clearly doesn't have the same effect on someone who was not Black. As the word "chink" wouldn't. Or "kike". Or "wetback". "Spick", etc.

If I looked at you and said, "You fucking chink." The statement wouldn't have any effect, because you have no personal attachment to it. But if looked at an Asian person and said the same thing, I would have said that statement SIMPLY to disdain the person of the Asian race. In fact, I insulted not only the person, but the whole Asian race.

When you ADD a racial slur, you simply add it for shock value towards the person with whom you are speaking. In turn, you are taking it to another level of derogatory conversation. Thus when one uses you, you ADD the "special weight" to it. Do you understand?

I must ask this before I continue any further...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Its not illegal to record phone conversations, they just are not admissable in court, unless permission was given.

And I thought dog chapman was a douche anyways, now I know he was.

Thanks for bringing it back to the OP's original intent for this thread. Is he a racist? Don't know, don't care, and at this point, it's irrelevant.

As anyone in the entertainment biz knows nothing sells like bad press these days (need I mention the blonde mess of a divorced mother we are inundated with in media?). Dog is trying to maintain his spot in an industry where reality programming is as prevalent as Starbuck's on every corner. The more this plays out, the more it sounds like a very programmed attempt at putting a name on the ratings slide into the spotlight again.

Perhaps we can have the Donald do a cameo and deliver his trademark "You're fired!" to Dog...

And the bonehead network chucklehead who came up with this shiesty plan.

And yes, the man is a tool IMHO.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you so much for reminding us about that. You other folks forgot about that HUH??
See it does happens to Black folks also!!!

That would be Isaiah Washington and it wasn't his fight where he reffered to a fellow cast member as a "faggot" that got him fired, it was his moronic commandeering of a microphone at the Emmy's to say "I never said faggot." that got him fired.

I feel no pity for him. He is an idiot and now is trying to play up to GLAAD and "enter therapy" to quote with his problem.

HEY DOG? ISAIAH? HERE'S A NEWS FLASH! YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I think that there is a difference between someone talking to someone and saying "That fucker over there. He sucks." and "The ditzy bitch over there, she needs to go into the kitchen and cook for me, 'cause that's all that bitch over there can do for me. She was born with milk and eggs, she needs to put that to use. Cook and ride my dick...and she doesn't even do that well."

You do see the difference in those statements, correct?

The difference i see is that one of those statements is acceptable to you because it is homophobic, and one is unacceptable to you because it is misogynistic. Both are unacceptable to me.

I do understand the point you are trying to make, though. Attacking someone because of a perceived inferiority based on gender, "race," religion, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc, is different from, and worse than disliking someone because of observations of character.

There is a definite, tangible, and distinct difference between "I don't like that guy because of the way he treats women," and "That guy is nothing but a typical wife-beating redneck hick." The former is a statement based on personal beliefs and the latter is a statement of hate and generalization.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The difference i see is that one of those statements is acceptable to you because it is homophobic, and one is unacceptable to you because it is misogynistic. Both are unacceptable to me.
Wait...what? Where did homophobia come into play and when did I say it was ok to be derogatory to homosexuals? I think you're reading in something that I didn't put in. And I'm confused because I don't even know where you got that from.
I do understand the point you are trying to make, though. Attacking someone because of a perceived inferiority based on gender, "race," religion, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc, is different from, and worse than disliking someone because of observations of character.

There is a definite, tangible, and distinct difference between "I don't like that guy because of the way he treats women," and "That guy is nothing but a typical wife-beating redneck hick." The former is a statement based on personal beliefs and the latter is a statement of hate and generalization.
I'm glad at least that came across.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wait...what? Where did homophobia come into play and when did I say it was ok to be derogatory to homosexuals? I think you're reading in something that I didn't put in. And I'm confused because I don't even know where you got that from.

Right here:
playainda336 said:
"That fucker over there. He sucks."

The "sucking" you refer to there is fellatio. It seems common-place now, and people don't think about it, but "He sucks" is a homophobic statement. Just because it's been accepted by main-stream culture doesn't mean it isn't homophobic.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The "sucking" you refer to there is fellatio. It seems common-place now, and people don't think about it, but "He sucks" is a homophobic statement. Just because it's been accepted by main-stream culture doesn't mean it isn't homophobic.
Well, I apologize, then. I had never thought of it as a homophobic statement. :confused:

It's a comment used towards men and women, animals, inanimate objects, etc. I'd like to know more about where you learned this etymology of the slang term if possible.

Even my usual dictionary cites the word "suck" as "Slang. to be repellent or disgusting: Poverty sucks." I've never heard that it was a slur on sexuality.

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I apologize, then. I had never thought of it as a homophobic statement. :confused:

It's a comment used towards men and women, animals, inanimate objects, etc. I'd like to know more about where you learned this etymology of the slang term if possible.

Even my usual dictionary cites the word "suck" as "Slang. to be repellent or disgusting: Poverty sucks." I've never heard that it was a slur on sexuality.

Here is what others say on this sucks issue A defense of the word sucks. - By Seth Stevenson - Slate Magazine .

Also from peevish.co.uk/slang/s.htm Verb. To be worthless, contemptible or disgusting. E.g."The storyline in that book is a little contrived and the characters suck."

Neither of the above suggest homosexuality...but one suggests oral sex. So it's line line call here ladies and gentlemen...

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree. People is the spot light have a responsibility to act in a certain manner.

Who sets the rules? We as the public do!

It's amazing that public figures get so apolagetic for being moronic. If you live in the fishbowl, accept the viewers.

I guess this goes for everyone who makes the news or entertainment or the laws.

Bigmeat009

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am confused about who can call who, what? the whole N-word, being made to tippy toe around it, and try and figure did i say the wrong thing?

But if lets say a some black folks in concert setting are using it, but it's just said it in play... it's ok??? let say that DOG was half black and said it; who is to prove him or anyone else of that background wrong?

I happen to be bi-racial. But it can be okay for others like me to use the N-word or maybe not because the other blacks think i'm white so what gives? Who is more racist? My race tends to call a white man~ whitey, cracker, casper, shall i go on?

The point is, no one gives a shit. It's the persons character that should be judged if anything not the words they use.

I say Dog fucked up, now GET OVER IT! Oh and my brother Rodney King... He ain't no Saint, he's a fool that won his 15 mins of fame the hard way.

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Spike Lee once said black folks can't be racist! What do ya think about that...just to mix it up:biggrin1:

I am confused about who can call who, what? the whole N-word, being made to tippy toe around it, and try and figure did i say the wrong thing?

But if lets say a some black folks in concert setting are using it, but it's just said it in play... it's ok??? let say that DOG was half black and said it; who is to prove him or anyone else of that background wrong?

I happen to be bi-racial. But it can be okay for others like me to use the N-word or maybe not because the other blacks think i'm white so what gives? Who is more racist? My race tends to call a white man~ whitey, cracker, casper, shall i go on?

The point is, no one gives a shit. It's the persons character that should be judged if anything not the words they use.

I say Dog fucked up, now GET OVER IT! Oh and my brother Rodney King... He ain't no Saint, he's a fool that won his 15 mins of fame the hard way.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I found myself once arguing with a black man who said he hated "whitey" and he wasn't being racist. The idea that he was racist for his views never entered into his mind, as it must be for whites who hate blacks: it's the normal thing to do.

The black guy and I liked one another although he went out of his way to be antagonistic.

Opening the world to others is just a few words, just as a few words close it down.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm wondering how old you guys are...ZOS23xy and Bigmeat009...I have NEVER heard Black people call White people "whitey" or "honkey" or "casper". Outside of a blaxploitation film that is...

I've heard cracker, but that was usually from an older Black person like...40+. I can honestly say, that I believe White racial slurs are less common among Black people than other racial slurs are with White people.

I mean, Black people talk about White people, but they usually just say "White people" or "the man" or just point to the palms of their hands.

We're all (as a whole) racist fucks...that's why I say we need to tackle this by bringing all issues to the forefront.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I too believe we are all racist and prejudice, some of us more than others. I think it's just human nature.