Doggy Death!

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few days ago my dachsund, LuLuBelle Von Zeppelin, grow something on the side of her head. It looks swollen, almost like a beestinger, but nearly 1/4 the size of her head. At first I didnt think much of it, just a bee stinger, whatever. But today i found that it was smaller, but upon further inspection i noticed there was a large chunk of flesh missing from it!

My grandfather, an RN, said she'd prolly be laying around, moping, on the verge of death... I know he's an RN, but he knows a lot of vets... Anyway, she's not moping, not laying around, shes acting just as normal.

So we gave her a bath and wrapped her up in a towel, prearing the clean her wounds. We tucked he legs under the towel so she couldnt get up and run around, and I held her head down -gently by the snout- and started cleaning it with peroxide. She squirmed and kicked, as the clear liquid foamed white. We cleaned it once, and dapped it with a towel, then cleaned t a second time, for good measure. She dried her off the rest of the way and unwrapped her from the towel. She immediatly dashed under the couch, hesitant to speak to us ever again :p

I think she'll be okay, she acts like it, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else had any experiences like this?

Josh Anzalone

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
GoneA said:
Yeah, I thought she'd died.

Unless you're certain, I guess.

Sorcerer and the rest are very right. Send the dog to the doctor. I understand they can be expensive, but cleaning the wound yourself, and not getting it looked at, is so dangerous.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I had to put my schnauzer to sleep a couple of months ago because of kidney disease. I spent a lot of time and money at the vet, but I know it was for the best. It's not worth playing around. It may just be something as minor as a bee sting, but it could be something serious. Take Lulubelle to the vet and make sure.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Get your furry friend to the vet NOW!! Tomorrow may be too late! The poor little bugger's GOT to be in immense pain.

B_Anzalone

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay! My friend Christina came over and check out Lulubelle! And i feel like she knows what shes talking about, becuase she works as a vets assistant, and is gong to be a vet in the next year or two. There was s thorn or something, apparently Lulu was rolling around outside and got a thorn in her neck... It got infected. The thorn is removed, and she has been properly cleaned. I just gotta give her a bath every day or so, and keep her inside so she doesnt get the wound infected again.

I got a couple of pictures of her, shes so funny.

She pictures are out of focus, but i just wanted to let her sleep, didn't wanna toss her around to get a better pic.

Look at all the grey hair on her nose, shes about 7, but has had the grey hair since she was maybe 5, we have two other dogs too. We have one mutt, we got her from a kennel after she had been abused, and last year we got a beagle who was also abused, we took her to the vet but they said she would have to get her leg amputated. We decided to leave her leg on, though its small and completely useless.

So I have an overweight dachsund, a chuwawa/mutt, and a three legged beagle... they maybe not be the best looking dogs, but they got more charsma and character than any other!

Attachments

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agree with the others.....

Take your dog to the vet !!!
Tomorrow !!!
Don't call to make an appt.....just take her(?) in !!

And "uncut"....
I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat.
Been there....twice now....and it doesn't get any easier.
Hope you're doing a little better now......it just takes a long time for a lot of the misery/grief to fade some.....
And don't let anyone talk you into getting another cat untill you're ready.

After the death of our first cat we didn't get another one till 3 years later.