Dogmatic Argumentation

Adam875

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If it were just the Internet it wouldn't be so bad. However, the real world is just as full of this moronic crap...

Yes, point taken, NineInch and Viking! I suppose the Internet,
with all its merits, value and abysmal crap, is both the voice and the mirror of the contemporary world. It can be exhilarating and depressing. I'm not quite sure what NineInch was suggesting I should do. Maybe I'm just depressed and I'll get over it.

Rob's response, though, was typical of the narky attitude that seems to prevail. If he needs references, I wouldn't have thought they were too difficult to come by.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
It'd be a whole lot easier of y'all would think with your big dicks as you're expected to. Or maybe that is the problem here... :biggrin1:

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anyone who is seriously suggesting inflicting pain as an effective technique for illustrating a point would do well to consider the long term consequences of using such methods. They should be self evident.
I agree. My post was simply a reaction to the slapping and elbowing posts, which were hopefully just tongue-in-cheek...

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just wish people would think in terms of logical argument. Presenting premises and displaying validity. Not just, "Tom Cruise said Scientology is right! So you're wrong, because he's a credible source!"

._.;

I believe sometimes people think that the "loudest" voice is the "rightest" voice sometimes as well.

Which is why Cruise is such a credible source. The more couches he jumps on the more exposure he gets, the more exposure he gets the more minds his words sink into, the more minds his words sink into the better the chances of those too lazy to think for themselves will just go with what they remember hearing.

Saturation is a key ingredient in any form of advertising or propaganda. Once people are desensitized or inured to something being said in the first place they may eventually come to accept it being true as well.

There isn't?

Even with the smiley's people can miss out on the intent.