Dogs

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah, Apr 14, 2007.

1. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Ladies have you ever had an ex who was a real dog?

A man that was such a Jeryll and Hyde that it it was a HUGE suprise how much he changed. And was it a sudden change or did he start acting different over time?

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Good topic once again Lee. I await the response's. Very interesting:smile:

3. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gosh, if there is one of us who hasn't, she is very lucky!! When I was still competing in rodeos I had a b/f who actually did manage to make me think I was crazy. I KNEW he was messing with the buckle bunnies, but he could look me straight in the eye and seem so sincere- all the while telling me it was MY problem I was so paranoid- till I caught him in the horse trailer with some gal. They were riding alright, not a horse in sight! But I did the dumbest thing, I was so mad I was right, so mad I had actually believed I was going crazy, that I took off my spur and threw it at him hit him square in the ass. Never got that spur back, dammit.:tongue:
    I hope Im wiser now, but sometimes I am not so sure!

4. Principessa

Gold Member

For whatever reason I am one of those women who has dated a few men who are just plain awful. I do not seek these men out. I do not pursue "bad boys". They all appeared normal at first and then morphed into somebody I not only didn't recognize but did not want to know.

Jerry was a womanizing alcoholic. We met in college and I thought he drank a lot because thats what college kids do. It wasn't until the summer when I all but stopped drinking that I realized he had a drinking problem. The tip off, his breakfast consisted of a bowl of oatmeal and a quart of Colt 45. The womanizing came about 6 months after that. Okay, so he didn't change much; I just didn't see the real him for a while. I was only 18 and he was my first real boyfriend cut me a break.

Ed started acting differently over time. It was so gradual I didn't see it. My mom and all my friends could see that this guy was treating me like shit. It literally took me years to realize that this man who had once swept me off my feet, had turned into a verbally and emotionally abusive jackass.

5. tiff86

tiff86 New Member

I've only dated a few guys and none of them are dogs, but my last bf had a really hard time accepting the breakup and he got, um, difficult :smile: . He wouldn't leave it alone and it got worse when I started going out with my current bf. He changed a lot because he got real jealous and paranoid, like was asking me a lot of questions about my current bf and even our sex life (which I totally didn't answer), and he even had the guts to accuse me of cheating on him with my current bf, when really we were totally broken up before I was with my current bf. I think he just had a hard time with the breakup and got really, really insecure.

6. shad24

shad24 New Member

one day i got a call at work from a neighbor who wanted to know why I was moving. there was a uhaul parked in my front yard. I got home as fast as I could. too late!. my ex had emptied the house! Literally! I guess he got nervous about getting caught. the food in the fridge was in a basket on the floor. the fridge was unplugged and ready to go. the only thing he left was the fridge, a coffee pot and my dog. he even took the dogfood. If he had taken the dog i would have hunted him down and killed him. anyway, later he called me to tell me he hated me and was seeing someone else. (big surprise!) I looked at the caller id. He had put the phone and utils. in my name cuz his credit sucked. Needless to say he was in the cold and dark in less than 10 minutes

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Eh... I've had a somewhat similar situation, but not really. He was an ass from the beginning, I just didn't realize it. He was emotionally abusive and kept trying to change who I was. I was a tomboy at the time (more-so than I am now) and he kept trying to make me wear makeup and perfume and wear girlier clothes. And I did it! Which is the stupid part. Of course, that relationship didn't last long. Didn't take long for me to start resenting him.

8. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

My first 3 ex's were all amicable splits but the last one went really our. about six moths in he decided he was going to be the one to start pointing out all my faults and praise his own achievements and good qualities. He has a better education than me so i was always going to be the dumb one

So for probably the last six months i kept telling myslef that he was once a good perosn and that i knew (thought) he could be again. He was just having a bad time and going through a bad patch.

Needless to say i found out that he was in a relationship with another woman and that i had become and inconvirnce and his personal joke.

I guess the only good thing i got out of it is that now i know i can do it alone, and i can do it all alot better without constantly being told how dumb and useless i am.

To the guys on this site..
    I thank you, all of you are so sweet, loving and gentlemen that you constantly remind men not all men are dogs :kiss:

And yes, he is already cheating on the woman he cheated on me with

9. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    As a traditionally "good guy", I must opine, that there were a couple times I was a "dog". Near the end of what was a short-term relationship... perhaps cause I wanted out, and figured I could be just a complete ass in soooo many respects, and had nothing to lose. These days, I'm quite the opposite, and that's a problem in itself :)

Draft saved Draft deleted