Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Interesting....I mean I can kind of see if you lie where it actually makes a difference, but otherwise it's 'user beware'.

I belong to a couple of dating sites, and the amount of scammers/fakes is unbelievable. Still, I'm careful and pretty good at sussing out the real from the fake. Google is my friend!

Maybe sites like Match.com need to verify ID before posting profiles. But places like FB or here - what's the point?

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Interesting....I mean I can kind of see if you lie where it actually makes a difference, but otherwise it's 'user beware'.

I belong to a couple of dating sites, and the amount of scammers/fakes is unbelievable. Still, I'm careful and pretty good at sussing out the real from the fake. Google is my friend!

Maybe sites like Match.com need to verify ID before posting profiles. But places like FB or here - what's the point?

EXACTLY!!! When I first got on FB I used my mother's maiden name (which is legally part of my name anyway) because I was leery of putting my info and life out there. When my relatives near and far got into the FB bandwagon, I changed it to my father's surname....but I put very little on there 'about me'. (employers, all my alumni associations, fraternity, relationship, etc)

If the spirit of the proposed legislation is to keep minors off inappropriate sites...great,,,I am all for it. If this will be used to hold people accountable for online actions (bullying, threatening language)...great.

However, I also see this as a slippery slope that will lead to even more data harvesting and privacy infringement in the name of 'security'. I dunno...I'm conflicted. :confused:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Hmmm! I see where this is going. So let's criminalize boob jobs too since those are a comparable deception; and hair dye; and lifts in shoes; and caps and crowns on teeth - for that matter false teeth - makeup on woman is pretty deceptive too. I'm all for it. Let all go au natural.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Violating a private contract now should be ILLEGAL?

For example: One of the biggest reasons people get banned from on here is creating more than one username... this should now not only be a private matter between a person and a website owner, but an actual crime you can go to jail for? Holy SHIT

In a statement obtained by CNET that's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, the Justice Department argues that it must be able to prosecute violations of Web sites' often-ignored, always-unintelligible "terms of service" policies.
Kerr's testimony gives other examples of terms of service violations that would become criminal. Google says you can't use its services if "you are not of legal age to form a binding contract," which implies that millions of teenagers would be unindicted criminals. Match.com, meanwhile, says you can't lie about your age, criminalizing the profile of anyone not a model of probity.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
It is just one more reason why all that garbage about homeland security needs to be repealed. If I want to be barney big balls or betty perky boobs, it isn't any of their business. This is the internet not real life.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
hmmm.. could be good deterrent! :)

So after the mod team gets a report about a photoshopped dick, or an minor on the site, or Hootie's fake boobies, we can just forward it to the US DoJ! Sounds like a time saver to me. I guess since it's an interstate crime, the FBI will be in charge? Also Interpol and Homeland Security will be enrolled to handle the foreign fakers.

All those. "Why was ___ Banned?", threads can just be forwarded to the DoJ for an explanation and if they didn't give a satisfactory answer, the membership would be able file a Freedom of Information claim. That's more open than the present system!

I think this will be as good a job creator as the War on Drugs was. Think of all the new criminal justice system positions that will need to be filled by the War on Fakes. Police, lawyers, judges, prison guards, parole officers etc. Time to buy stock in Corrections Corporation of America!

Last edited:

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How is this any different than the real world, you see A lady and you think WOW.

Only you find out the Bewbies are implants, the nails are press-on type, the hair is extensions, the eye color is from colored contacts and the height is from the high heels.

Is this a crime nooooooooooooooooo.

B_chinagirl4u2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

So after the mod team gets a report about a photoshopped dick, or an minor on the site, or Hootie's fake boobies, we can just forward it to the US DoJ! Sounds like a time saver to me. I guess since it's an interstate crime, the FBI will be in charge? Also Interpol and Homeland Security will be enrolled to handle the foreign fakers.

All those. "Why was ___ Banned?", threads can just be forwarded to the DoJ for an explanation and if they didn't give a satisfactory answer, the membership would be able file a Freedom of Information claim. That's more open than the present system!

I think this will be as good a job creator as the War on Drugs was. Think of all the new criminal justice system positions that will need to be filled by the War on Fakes. Police, lawyers, judges, prison guards, parole officers etc. Time to buy stock in Corrections Corporation of America!

LOL... :biggrin1:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

War on Fakes..... :33: that's great Vince!!