dollhouse

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
My eight-year-old son is playing dollhouse with another girl from our condominium. That is cool for me and for his mother. He can also play soccer whenever he feels like. There is another boy, same age, who wanted to play dollhouse with them, too, but his father didn't allow him. "That is not something for boys."

Can anyone here agree with this father?

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My eight-year-old son is playing dollhouse with another girl from our condominium. That is cool for me and for his mother. He can also play soccer whenever he feels like. There is another boy, same age, who wanted to play dollhouse with them, too, but his father didn't allow him. "That is not something for boys."

Can anyone here agree with this father?
I don't agree with what the father is doing. Many people are still stuck in stereotypes that a boy playing with dolls or a dollhouse or pretending to be a cook in the kitchen and mimmicking the mother as she makes dinner is a sign the boy is a homosexual or that by allowing this to be done they will grow up to be a homosexual. They fail to realize that the sexuality of the child is not contingent upon the games they play, it's there as a part of them from day one. They also fail to realize that a boy can be very involved in sports or playing with cars and trucks or playing cops and robbers and still be a homosexual. The father may have unfounded fears and some level of homophobia. He may be fine with homosexuals as long as it isn't his son. I see a boy or girl playing dollhouse as a wonderful experience where they get to use their imagination.

From when I grew up a boy playing with dolls, gardening or cooking was considered a questionable sign on his sexuality. A girl wearing anything other than a dress or a girl with interest in sports or cars was considered to be in trouble for a future of getting married. Things have changed considerably but there are still people who are stuck in a way of thinking which doesn't hold true.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My brother and I were forced to play Barbie with a cousin... That ended after the unfortunate Barbie Dream Home four alarm fire where Barbie and Midge tragically perished.
It's a shame that parents are not a bit more enlightened now.