domestic discipline

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dolfette, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

what do you think about it?

one partner being in charge, making the rules and giving damn good spankings if the other disobeys!

2. D_Burrmanson Bagpipe

If both agree to that fetish it is ok I guess...but I am against all violence

3. dolfette

Gold Member

consensual of course!

4. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not my kind of relationship. Not minding taking charge but i need a counterweight, and i wasn't born to follow. But maybe i would finally clean up my desk if someone would threat me with spanking, it really needs it.

EDIT. in bed it's alright from time to time tho. Just not for the entire relationship.

5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    If it's consensual I'm all for it. I believe I could thrive in a situation like that with the correct person. I'm so horribly hyper and spacey it would be a good thing to have something to concentrate on. The only thing is sometimes I want to be in control I'm not sure if I could live like that 24/7.

I've found myself struggling against resentful feelings now when I'm kept from what I want to do the most. It would have to be a special situation and a special person who could actually understand the things I need to live under his control.

#5 HiddenLacey, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  6. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Not for me but i think it's fine for those who like that type of thing.

7. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Ha! What a coincidence! TheBF and I were reading domestic discipline blogs last night! I think if it's consensual it's cool.

I think the people who pretend that it's not sexual are the weirdest ones, like the Christian domestic discipline practitioners, who do it because God told them to, not because they enjoy the kink. :rolleyes:
    (I'd like to credit Jezebel for the link!)

Like this Christian lady who pretends that it's not sexual, even when she thanks her husband with a blowjob. Uh-huh. Riiiiiight.

I could go for a spanking before sex. :biggrin1:

Try this site, it's about consensual domestic discipline, and they fully acknowledge that it's kinky.
    The Punishment Book

#7 petite, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  8. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    :wink: I think I could go for alittle more than that.

9. B_nyvin

B_nyvin New Member

As long as it's the man in charge and doing the spanking....it's better to let men dominate, things just go better that way.

10. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Boy, you're just begging for a spanking. Don't make me fetch my hairbrush!

11. rickygNOLA

Gold Member

Albums:
    right, girl.

12. Incocknito

Gold Member

Aren't you the one who wants women to be treated equally? Seems a bit hypocritical.

PS I have no problem with this, just pointing out the juxtaposition. Apparently women want to be equals outside the bedroom but in the bedroom they want the man to dominate them.

You can't have it both ways. Unless you DP

#12 Incocknito, Jul 19, 2010
  13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    It depends on the relationship, but in most, the "sub" is actually the one in charge of whether he/she receives punishment. If they've agreed upon the rules and what constitutes the reasons for punishment, then the "bottom" is the one who chooses to follow the agreed upon rules or breaks them to receive punishment. If you read the blogs, the "bottoms" like getting disciplined so much that they'll throw "tantrums" in order to receive what they feel they "need" from their top, if they've obediently been following all the rules that they agree will help improve their lives (in a non-sexual way). It's really fascinating. It's really a cooperative relationship, and consensual.

I rather think it's having it both ways, myself.

#13 petite, Jul 19, 2010
  14. Incocknito

Gold Member

Well I will agree that a sexy, submissive girl can get whatever she wants from me. And I do enjoy dominating a girl, pinning her to the furniture with my cock, etc.

I just think this is funny after the very long 'why are girls treated differently to boys' and the 'feminism' etc threads, which this one is at odds with.

Darts is on now anyway so you can get back to discussing "domestic discipline"

15. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ummm, the bottom/ sub is the one with all the power not the top/ Dom.:wink: There is a difference in between consenting and giving yourself for someone elses control vs being a slave (which I could never do).

#15 HiddenLacey, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  16. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why can't one have both? What do sexual preferences have to do with not wanting to be discriminated or not taken as full worth human.

And apparently women is pretty bad way to start a sentence if you ask me.

17. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    :rolleyes:

It's not at odds at all, unless you kidnap someone and make them do things they don't want to do.

The Christian domestic discipline version is definitely NOT equal at all, since both parties are supposed to agree that the woman doesn't have a voice at all (they've removed the text on the website that says that the Bible doesn't require the wife's consent for discipline!) The ones that aren't totally weird like that are much more healthy because they're meeting the needs of both people in the relationship, which is where "equality" comes into the picture.

#17 petite, Jul 19, 2010
  18. Incocknito

Gold Member

The point is that women are happy (aroused, pleasured) with the idea of the man being in charge of her; men being better, more powerful, more valued in the sack.

But in any other context the idea of a man being in charge, better, more powerful or more valued is abhorrent and suddenly takes on a negative connotation.

Perhaps men are born and predisposed to being in charge, better, more powerful and more valued? Perhaps women are instinctively turned on by that.

19. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Ah, I see the problem! You think that feminism is about hating men and putting them down or something, or making sure that it's women in charge. It's not. You're confused about what feminism means.

If being a feminist means that a woman can't have her sexual needs met, then she really isn't free to make the choices that she wants to make, is she? How can a woman be empowered if she isn't free to choose to have her bottom smacked if she wants it to be smacked?

You've made one very wrong assumption, that all domestic discipline relationships have the wife submit to the husband. You are very wrong! Many of them involve the husband submitting to the wife.

Again, you still don't understand the dom/sub relationship. The relationship involves a structure that the sub agrees to, because they are people who enjoy that structure in many different forms, and who have certain tastes in the bedroom. It should mutually meet the needs of both people.

#19 petite, Jul 19, 2010
  20. Incocknito

Gold Member

I'm not saying women can't have their sexual needs met. All I am saying is that there are two situations where what women want (from men, relative to men) is diametrically opposed.

The context is irrelevant. The fact is that women's view of men is polarised in each situation. Only for some women though.

On the one hand you want to be equal but on the other you want to be dominated/treated as 'less' by a man.

I don't have a problem with people's sexual needs being met and in fact I would support that. If you read my post(s) in this thread, there is nothing I have said that could be construed to support the view that I am against feminists or dom/sub relations.

I was just commenting on the blatant hypocrisy of the viewpoint in this thread compared to the viewpoint expressed in other threads.

#20 Incocknito, Jul 19, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted