Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was commenting on the observation of the polar principles of the woman who wants to have equal rights to men in one situation but in another she wants to have her rights effectively taken away by the man.

What do you mean effectively taken away? At best that is an illusion, either person can stop it at any time. Having equal rights doesn't mean you have to exercise them all in order to appease someone else. Men and women can choose to be either a sub or a dom (or neither for that matter). That's part of the whole point of feminism is to have the same rights and choices as a man.

I realize that I'm only picking one part of your response, and you said you are bowing out, but you still might read it. Maybe on the face they seem like opposites, but really they don't actually contradict each other because no rights are being taken away.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This whole debate or whether a feminist should or should not enjoy getting spanks has gotten in the way of my wank fodder!

Can we go back to talking about kink now?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd totally go for it Dolf.

And I'm not even going to get into the discussion with Incocknito. If he doesn't understand the Dom/sub thing now, he ain't ever going to understand it.

Edit:
Notice I spelled Dom with a capital, like a good little sub :tongue:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
personally, i've never done this.l
my ego would never allow it.
it's just wank fodder for me.
is there anyone is who has?
personal experiences would be cool.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's just a kinky read for me, too. I think TheBF would love to spank me because he's positively obsessed with bottoms, especially petite bottoms like mine. He spanked me once a long time ago, not hard, and it was playfully. He just took me over his knee and pulled down my pants and swatted my butt and I was giggling the entire time. I forgot what the reason was, but I think he loved it. I'm sure I was teasing him over something and that started it. I'm a trouble-maker. I know exactly how obsessed he is with little butts because I've seen his browsing history. And he falls asleep a lot with one hand on my ass-cheek. He complains if I don't wear pants that show off my ass. He's all about my butt.

Some of the blogs are really fascinating to me, especially the couples who use the kink to improve their lives in some way, such as using it to help maintain a diet or stay on a workout regime. If it really works to help make a major positive change in your life, and it also turns you on immensely, well then I admit I'm envious. Some people sound like cult converts, it's worked so well for them!

The problem is that while I find the blogs and the erotica very wank-worthy, and I always feel like a good fuck after I read them, I just don't actually like getting spanked myself. And there's just no way I could actually see TheBF as a dom or me as a sub. Outside of role-playing, I just couldn't imagine being able to do that for real. I'm too... rebellious, and that would make my bottom really really sore, I'm sure. And calling him "Sir" or doing a lot of the other stuff that most of the DD couples would be right off the table entirely. Besides, I don't see him being the "strict enforcer" of any rules, of any kind at all. I don't date those kinds of men, and I suspect that's probably because that's a personality trait that doesn't work with mine.

That Punishment Book site has a forum if you wanted to join and talk with people who have personal experiences yourself.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah, the reality is admitting that your partner is always right.

and i know i'm always right!

Yeah, that's the reason why it would only work with me if the rules were very clearly defined and agreed upon by me. For instance, we agree beforehand that it's a punishable offense if I don't work out a certain number of times per week. Then I've decided ahead of time that I'm in the wrong and it's really not him deciding for me, he's just the enforcer of the rules that I've made for myself. All the couples who did it more like that I thought were really healthy, because then the spanker is just aiding the spankee in some way, by helping to maintain the structure that the spankee desires.

Some of the blogs where the "master" is given a lot more power to create rules and when they're enforced and those rules went well beyond improving one's life or turning each other on, well, I have to admit that when I read some them I thought, "Now that's just fucked up. That's downright abusive." The relationships where there are rules for maintaining and showing "respect" by humiliating oneself on a regular basis... well I know I couldn't do that, but if it turns someone else on, then more power to them!

There's no way I could have a relationship where one person has absolute power, because I'm a damned good decision maker (just ask TheBF how often he's kicked himself for not taking my investment advice) and sometimes he needs someone to say, "Now wait a minute... I think we need to rethink that idea." From what I read, though, a lot of the DD relationships are like that, the rule enforcement is isolated to chores, or career/school goals, or things like that, and those are the ones I enjoy reading more. The relationships where it's sort of a daddy/little-girl relationship or an actual master/slave relationship are much weirder to me.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My only experiences with this sort of thing have been very sexually focused. I've never been in a LTR with someone who was into BDSM as much as I am - it's really only been my current FB who'll play with me the way I like it. So I've not done anything like this in a 24/7 sense. As I've said before though, I'd be willing to give it a go with the right person.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My only experiences with this sort of thing have been very sexually focused. I've never been in a LTR with someone who was into BDSM as much as I am - it's really only been my current FB who'll play with me the way I like it. So I've not done anything like this in a 24/7 sense. As I've said before though, I'd be willing to give it a go with the right person.

If you were going to do domestic discipline as a lifestyle with someone, are there limitations to how much of your life you would want it to cover? How much of your life would you want to be under the "domestic discipline" concept?

Some doms micromanage and punish over any little thing that annoys or irritates them, and some seem to punish based on their whims, because they enjoy punishing, so they do it whenever it pleases them.

Some doms demand 24 hour respect, and they treat their subs like sex slaves who must worship them at all times and demonstrate their subservience through tests of pain and humiliation.

Some doms embrace the concept of "leading" and are very careful about being fair and forgiving, and only use the concept of discipline when it would be somehow helpful the the life of their subs, such as helping to maintain a lifestyle that's conducive to the sub's school or career goals, or helping them maintain a healthier lifestyle, or helping them get out of debt and manage their money.

There's a sub on The Punishment Book who doesn't do punishments at all, since she wants an egalitarian relationship, but she enjoys spanking so they keep all of it the "discipline" sexual and in the bedroom.

There's so many variations on the lifestyle, and different styles of being a dom or a sub, I was curious about what you would want.

Please feel free to say, "It's none of your business" if I'm crossing a privacy line! I'm just curious.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you were going to do domestic discipline as a lifestyle with someone, are there limitations to how much of your life you would want it to cover? How much of your life would you want to be under the "domestic discipline" concept?

Hmmm, I'm just not sure. I'd be comfortable with anything sex-related. Beyond that I don't think I'd really know until I tried it. I usually hate people telling me what to do so I'm not at all sure how well I'd do, but the idea turns me on and gives me a feeling of . . . comfort, safety and protection maybe.

Some doms micromanage and punish over any little thing that annoys or irritates them, and some seem to punish based on their whims, because they enjoy punishing, so they do it whenever it pleases them.

Either of these would irritate the fuck out of me. Especially the second one - if you have no rules how to you know which boundaries to push when you want punishment :tongue:

Some doms demand 24 hour respect, and they treat their subs like sex slaves who must worship them at all times and demonstrate their subservience through tests of pain and humiliation.

I would be quite comfortable with this. The humiliation part maybe not so much - it would depend on what it was.

Some doms embrace the concept of "leading" and are very careful about being fair and forgiving, and only use the concept of discipline when it would be somehow helpful the the life of their subs, such as helping to maintain a lifestyle that's conducive to the sub's school or career goals, or helping them maintain a healthier lifestyle, or helping them get out of debt and manage their money.

This could be useful to me! I'm crap at sticking to my goals :smile:.

There's a sub on The Punishment Book who doesn't do punishments at all, since she wants an egalitarian relationship, but she enjoys spanking so they keep all of it the "discipline" sexual and in the bedroom.

I'm much more into in a sexual sense than any other, so I can understand this. But there's something appealing about taking it further. If I picture being in a LTR with my FB and him saying 'No orgasms until you get your uni assignment done', I have to admit, it makes me extremely horny. And the bonus is that I'd get my assignments done early!

There's so many variations on the lifestyle, and different styles of being a dom or a sub, I was curious about what you would want.

Please feel free to say, "It's none of your business" if I'm crossing a privacy line! I'm just curious.

It's all good! I don't mind you asking at all. It's funny how we'll quite happily discuss all kinds of 'private' things on this site, then get concerned that asking about some stuff might be crossing the line :smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm, I'm just not sure. I'd be comfortable with anything sex-related. Beyond that I don't think I'd really know until I tried it. I usually hate people telling me what to do so I'm not at all sure how well I'd do, but the idea turns me on and gives me a feeling of . . . comfort, safety and protection maybe.

I've been reading a lot of blogs of real life doms and subs and there's huge differences in philosophy and styles. I've read over the past few years in lots of the DD and M/s blogs, and they're all different.

From what I've learned from reading these blogs, the main problem with choosing domestic discipline as a 24/7 relationship with one's partner, from my perspective, is that it seems like after a few years, every husband/dom/master just keeps pushing the rules more and more to the point that I think crosses the line. The rules continuously become more strict, the punishments more and more severe, and the top more difficult to please. If that's what a bottom needs in order to stay interested, then I suppose that works, but instead it just seems to eventually cross an abuse line, or negatively affecting the relationship, or makes the bottom more and more frustrated. Even the tops I thought were the most fair and helpful in the beginning seemed to cross that line after a few years, after the initial "rules" and "goals" had been mastered by the sub. It seems to be a natural reaction for the top to make new rules that are more difficult, and at some point it goes too far, that's when it starts getting weird and unhealthy IMO. It makes me rethink whether it's a relationship that actually works in the long term. Maybe the relationship needs to be constantly redefined, to prevent that from happening.

Either of these would irritate the fuck out of me. Especially the second one - if you have no rules how to you know which boundaries to push when you want punishment :tongue:

Some doms and subs are into that sort of philosophy. I read one master's blog where he said that the subs kinks don't matter, only what pleases the master. He doesn't believe in mental games, so he doesn't need to know what turns the sub on, he just uses the sub however he wants. It's less of a mindfuck sort of relationship and more of a "total submission" use-me-like-furniture sort of relationship. There's one sub's blog I read whose master is unbelievably brutal to her, and she takes anything because that's the philosophy that they abide by, she's there to do whatever he tells her to do or take whatever pain he dishes out. If I could handle the pain (and I couldn't and don't want to), I think that would bore me. I find the mind games much more interesting, even from an outside observer point of view.

I would be quite comfortable with this. The humiliation part maybe not so much - it would depend on what it was.

I couldn't do 99% of the humiliation stuff, but the subs who do it, I think that's part of what turns them on. I think they get off on being humiliated by their doms, by doing stuff like walking around in public with something written in sharpie on their faces or body, or being videotaped licking a toilet and posting it on the internet. I find that confusing, like the guys into SPH.

Some of the domestic discipline couples are into humiliation, and some of the online "guides" say it's necessary for a woman to learn to respect a man to humiliate herself in front of him. If that's your kink, then enjoy it, but I don't like the stupid sweeping statements about all women like that one. It disturbs me to think that there are domestic discipline couples who don't have a humiliation kink who might be following that advice.

One DD husband had his wife lick the furniture clean because he wasn't happy with how well she cleaned the house. If that sort of thing turns her on, then that's cool, but if not, that's when those kinds of relationships seem the abusive. I think that's why I've found the weirdest ones, the ones that bother me as much as the very brutal M/s relationships, are the Christian DD practitioners. It bothers me because of how often it seems like the wife isn't really into it, she's just doing it because she's so fundamentally Christian that she thinks it's what God wants their marriage to be like. It also seems like the Christian husbands are the ones who cross "that line" much sooner than any of the kinky couples! Like being a little unsure about what the point is supposed to be makes it easier to make bad decisions. A lot of those relationships seemed unhappy. Some of the wives seemed unhappy and unsure about the whole thing.

The blogs where the subs/DD-wives were unhappy with the choices their masters/husbands made on a regular basis were the ones that bug me the most. Those relationships aren't working if there's that much discord. They aren't on the same page.

This could be useful to me! I'm crap at sticking to my goals :smile:.

I'm much more into in a sexual sense than any other, so I can understand this. But there's something appealing about taking it further. If I picture being in a LTR with my FB and him saying 'No orgasms until you get your uni assignment done', I have to admit, it makes me extremely horny. And the bonus is that I'd get my assignments done early!

I know! I think it's cool that some people can use their kinks to help them improve their lives.

There's a few DD couples who use their kink like that. There's one couple who are both in grad school and his wife has trouble with being self-disciplined about working on her dissertation, so she's agreed to rules and punishments based on whether she keeps her dissertation writing schedule. They both get off on it a lot, too.

There's a M/s relationship that's more like a mentorship, even though she's "owned" by him. He's 27 years older than her and uses their relationship to help her with her school goals to help her overcome her math anxiety and her fears about failing. He uses masturbation as a motivator. She has to accomplish certain goals every day or else she's not allowed to masturbate, and she's allowed only one masturbation orgasm per day. I made the mistake of telling TheBF about them and he asked me how many times I orgasmed yesterday. I estimated 12 times, twice during sex with him and ten times with my right hand, and he said, "Hmmmm... I think they might be onto something..." Great.

There's another couple who created rules like that, and after the wife mastered all of them began feeling frustrated because she's a spankophile and she wasn't getting spanked any more! So she shot one of her kids toys at his head while he was talking once, and he took her over his knee and spanked her. Another day she put a piece of ice down the back of her shirt, and he spanked her. I thought that was cute. It was working to help her remain motivated and she was getting what she wanted from him.

From reading the blogs, though, it's slippery and it seems difficult to do just right. A lot of couples seem to be off track, with punishments that cause resentment or anger, or rules that both people don't agree with that cause relationship problems, or differences about the fairness of certain rules and punishments, or progressively difficult to please tops/doms/husbands that become more and more unfair over time and that begin to make their subs/wives unhappy, as I talked about before. Only a few of them seem to have it just right.

It's all good! I don't mind you asking at all. It's funny how we'll quite happily discuss all kinds of 'private' things on this site, then get concerned that asking about some stuff might be crossing the line :smile:

I'm glad you don't mind! Relationships between people are generally interesting to me, and these relationships are particularly fascinating.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that where it all bothers me, petite.

most of those women sound kinda victimy, most of the men abuserish. it starts out as hot kink and degrades into something unhealthy.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been reading a lot of blogs of real life doms and subs and there's huge differences in philosophy and styles. I've read over the past few years in lots of the DD and M/s blogs, and they're all different.

You read a LOT woman! Actually, it's not so much the reading that's amazing, it's the way you can remember so much and in so much detail. I have a mind like a sieve unless I've purposely memorised something.

Most of those you mentioned go way further than I'd be willing to go. Even for me, with my kink focused firmly in the same area, many of those women sound 'victimy' and the men 'abuserish' as Dolf so aptly put it.

Some doms and subs are into that sort of philosophy. I read one master's blog where he said that the subs kinks don't matter, only what pleases the master. He doesn't believe in mental games, so he doesn't need to know what turns the sub on, he just uses the sub however he wants. It's less of a mindfuck sort of relationship and more of a "total submission" use-me-like-furniture sort of relationship. There's one sub's blog I read whose master is unbelievably brutal to her, and she takes anything because that's the philosophy that they abide by, she's there to do whatever he tells her to do or take whatever pain he dishes out. If I could handle the pain (and I couldn't and don't want to), I think that would bore me. I find the mind games much more interesting, even from an outside observer point of view.

These ones sounded particularly bad to me. The BDSM relationships that have appealed to me most have a focus on equality and the sub's needs and wants. And I'm with you - the mindfuck is where the magic is.

I couldn't do 99% of the humiliation stuff, but the subs who do it, I think that's part of what turns them on. I think they get off on being humiliated by their doms, by doing stuff like walking around in public with something written in sharpie on their faces or body, or being videotaped licking a toilet and posting it on the internet. I find that confusing, like the guys into SPH.

I do actually get it, although much of the humiliation wouldn't work for me at all. For me I think there would be a pretty fine line between just right and way too far. Remember when I told you about my FB talking about me with others (right in front of me)? I was genuinely embarrassed - I hid my face in a hat because it was so red, then got even more embarrassed when it was pointed out - but seriously turned on. Like really, really turned on. So I do like humiliation stuff, but only at a pretty tame level. I could certainly be convinced to take it further too, but only so far, and never as far as some of the stuff I've read about.

Some of the domestic discipline couples are into humiliation, and some of the online "guides" say it's necessary for a woman to learn to respect a man to humiliate herself in front of him. If that's your kink, then enjoy it, but I don't like the stupid sweeping statements about all women like that one. It disturbs me to think that there are domestic discipline couples who don't have a humiliation kink who might be following that advice.

Totally agree. It's stuff like that that gives BDSM and DD a bad name. People who write that kind of stuff always sound to me like abuser-types who happened to find a 'legitimate' way of abusing women.

The blogs where the subs/DD-wives were unhappy with the choices their masters/husbands made on a regular basis were the ones that bug me the most. Those relationships aren't working if there's that much discord. They aren't on the same page.

It should all (or most of it) feel good and make you happy or it's time to take a second look, just like in any relationship.

There's a M/s relationship that's more like a mentorship, even though she's "owned" by him. He's 27 years older than her and uses their relationship to help her with her school goals to help her overcome her math anxiety and her fears about failing. He uses masturbation as a motivator. She has to accomplish certain goals every day or else she's not allowed to masturbate, and she's allowed only one masturbation orgasm per day. I made the mistake of telling TheBF about them and he asked me how many times I orgasmed yesterday. I estimated 12 times, twice during sex with him and ten times with my right hand, and he said, "Hmmmm... I think they might be onto something..." Great.

This would definitely work for me :biggrin1:. Sexual punishments and rewards are a massive part of what gets me off.

Sounds like you may have given TheBF ideas . . .

There's another couple who created rules like that, and after the wife mastered all of them began feeling frustrated because she's a spankophile and she wasn't getting spanked any more! So she shot one of her kids toys at his head while he was talking once, and he took her over his knee and spanked her. Another day she put a piece of ice down the back of her shirt, and he spanked her. I thought that was cute. It was working to help her remain motivated and she was getting what she wanted from him.

This sounds like something I'd do. I have a playful streak and wouldn't be able to help myself :tongue:.

I'm glad you don't mind! Relationships between people are generally interesting to me, and these relationships are particularly fascinating.

It's great for me to be asked because it helps me figure out what I like myself. I'm not too sure about this stuff until forced to really think about it.