Domestic surveillance by unmanned drones

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Chuck64, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Chuck64

Gold Member

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    not surprised at all. i hear the next R&D project is UAVs that can remotely detonate the microchips implanted in your brain if they detect thoughtcrime

3. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

ka-BOOOM!!!!!!

Seriously, we're routinely under surveillance, and have been for years. I remember the (probably apocraphal) story of Eisenhower being presented with air photos showing Kruschev having breakfast, and remarking he could see that Leonid was having scrambled rather than fried eggs thatt day....

Take care

Ceg

4. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

That kreeps me out. I don't like that.

I BLOW MY NOSE AT YOU, YOU SILLY PRESIDENT, AND ALL YOUR SILLY MOOOOOOOOOTIEONS!!

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

Ha, I already wonder how many of us (me) are on government watch lists because of our political rants here. probably no small number.

6. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

"Apocraphal" - I like that, it's a keeper! :biggrin1:

Given that Khruschev's first name was Nikita, I tend to agree.

7. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Every time I fly to the U.S. of A, I wonder if they'll let me through security, for pretty similar reasons.

Someone once told me that there are security cameras covering virtually all public spaces (indoor and outdoor) in the City of London (in which case the Brits may be even worse off in the surveillance area). Can anyone confirm this?

8. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

Hehe. I got sited by the police once for making loud political comments in a crowded area...

I don't think I ever paid that ticket...

IT DESERVED TO BE SAID! THE MAN IS KEEPING US DOWN!! AND I FOR ONE DO.. OOoooooh, something shiny! *wanders off*

Me

9. DirtyJ018

DirtyJ018 New Member

Gotta figure someone other than us is reading this stuff... BTW, how do we know Big Brother isn't among us on this forum?

10. Chuck64

Gold Member

They're not watching anymore. "Jacinto" is a common alias for the NSA. :tongue:

Seriously, if they're even 1/2 as capable at domestic surveillance as they claim to be, my personal blog is enough to get me permanently banned from the White House.

11. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm really not one for buying into these things, but SOMEONE was keeping track of me SOMEWHERE.

While studying Russian in the late 80s/early 90s, and having gone to the USSR, while we (the US) were still refering to it as the "Evil Empire", I got a letter in my mail inviting me to the CIA and NSA interviews being held on campus. When I got there, it was a few other Russian students, who had also taken certain Political Science courses, looking at each other asking, "how did YOU hear about this?". It was simple to track us down, but someone was paying attention, and doing a little digging.

12. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Well... I am (a) big brother.:biggrin1:

13. GoneA

Gold Member

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

You guys are hilarious!

Novice, believe me I try as hard as I can to tell myself it's all in my head, but I'm afraid it's not. With Google being sued for records and the amount of online surveillance currently possible, I think we'd be nutty not to acknowledge the facts. Now, I don't think anyone's actually doing anything much with the information being gathered, but I think it would be possible for it to come up if we were ever in trouble, that is arrested, for something else. The police or another government agency who wanted to make a case against anyone has ample ability and information, if they want to use it.

15. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

It's absolutely true, and the same is true not only of other major British cities such as Manchester and Birmingham, but also of main roads, shopping centers and public transport in even the most sedate rural areas. It's almost completely accepted as 'simply a part of life' by the vast majority of people, although the general level of surveillance in Blair's Britain was one of many factors that contributed to my decision to escape back to Germany a little under three years ago. I know that there is a GCHQ
    (General Communications HeadQuarters; the British surveillance and monitoring service) file on me for a fact, due to my having lived and studied in the Middle East in the past. Which always makes it an interesting experience for me as well when I travel to the States these days, wondering whether I'll get in each time. :rolleyes:

Two studies on London security cameras (CCTV) networks, although be aware that both are pretty large .pdf files:
    http://www.urbaneye.net/results/ue_wp6.pdf
    (section 2 onwards in particular)

http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/cyberspace/graham_cctv_fifth_utility.pdf

16. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

The "apocraphal" was unintentional, but I like it. Freudian slip. And sorry about the Leonid, I was typing that story from memory.

Now for something fun: type your handle and lpsg into Google. You will be there (or at least I and Zora are there; I didn't google everyone here). I've come to the conclusion that whatever I do can be traced back to me with minimal effort. What saves it for me is that no one would want to; I'm pretty dull.

And why shouldn't Big Brother be on here? If he's got a big dick (or is interested in one), he should be welcomed.

Take care

Ceg

17. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Then I'm in great danger every time I hear my neighbor's dog yapping.

Of course, the neighbor herself does a pretty good job of maintaining neighborhood surveillance. I've seen her play six bingo cards at once. She can overhear conversations from across the street. She watches everyone, everywhere, constantly, out of her kitchen window with an eye toward mining whatever juicy gossip intelligence can be gathered.

18. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

Little old ladies - America's first line of defense.

Take care

Ceg

19. Chuck64

Gold Member

The local bingo hall is just a front for the NSA? I knew it! :wink:

Seriously, I know this isn't much of a debate (and I didn't expect any), but I'm shocked at the amount of response it got.

20. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

Actually, the NSA is a front for all the little old ladies (LOLs) in America. Their next goal: the Department of Homeland Security.

That said, most LOLs are amazingly observant. If you want to know about what went on in an area during a specific time, find the LOL. I swear they have duty hours. They talk to each other, they usually say "I don't want to gossip, but...", and they routinely refer to each other (but never themselves) as gossips.

Back on the topic of remote observation, try Google Earth. I'm still trying to figure out who was parked in my driveway the day the flight occurred. I'll have to ask my LOL....

Take care

Ceg

Draft saved Draft deleted