Domestic Terrorism in Washington

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A bomb left in a backpack on the route of a Martin Luther King Day parade in Spokane, Washington, has been described as being in the "realm of domestic terrorism" by the FBI. The bomb was found on bench Monday morning at the northeast corner of North Washington Street and West Main Avenue in the city's downtown core. Spokane police were alerted to its presence before the parade -- which was attended by some 1,000 people -- got underway. The parade was rerouted away from the site. A robot and a hazmat unit were used to defuse the device. The FBI would not say how the bomb was made, or whether it was connected to a triggering device of any kind, but the bureau said the bomb was capable of inflicting "multiple casualties."

FBI: Bomb placed at MLK Day parade was ‘domestic terrorism’ | Raw Story

Seriously... what the fuck is wrong with people?

2. Phoenix1714

Phoenix1714 New Member

Vinyl Boy,

Who knows, but I know our government will love to milk this for all it's worth.

3. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ignorance leads to fear, and then on to hate.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's the crazy part about this... with the exception of Rachel Maddow, I have yet to see this story reported on by any other major news outlet in any detail. Rather puzzling if you ask me.

5. B_New End

B_New End New Member

If the news doesn't cover it heavily, it was real.

It they do, like the underwear bomber, or the Christmas bomber, it was a staged event to be milked for all the PR the FBI and DHS can get.

White power movements are gaining serious strength.

6. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Though domestic terrorism is real right now all law enforcement agencies are facing massive budget cuts. What we need to expect now is that all of the agencies dealing with this issue will do as much as possible to publicize anything they investigate calling it one thing pending an actual investigation. They need to do this right now to justify their own agencies keeping as much of their funding as is humanly possible. Right now the accountants are looking at all government agencies and trying to find something to "cut" which will impress some higher up "muckety-muck" and thereby preserve their funding at previous levels.

7. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    Probably planted by the FBI, much as they've tried to create domestic terrorists and subsequently bust them to appear awesome, and to justify the emerging police state.

8. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Nope, this one was real. No big media scare fest. No politicians announcing new scanning systems on all streets named MLK. This one was real, and they don't want people doing copycat attacks.

9. Phoenix1714

Phoenix1714 New Member

New End,

I wouldn't be all that shocked if you're right

MercifulFate,

Wouldn't be the first time now would it?

10. flame80

flame80 New Member

I agree any terrorism is really bad, especially home made. So is hate, there are some pretty bad white supemist right wing groups up in that area. To me, if they catch the person and he is convicted. he should be hung in the town square. Whether you are liberal or conservative, i think we all agree terrorism of any kind is horrible. I would be careful on blaming any one person or group but sure would like people that spew hatred and cause harm to innocent people be apprehended as soon as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted